• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC: Man arrested holding two firearms at entrance of hotel at Disneyland Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealEck

What difference does it make if he's European or not?
It's also perfectly understandable, especially with recent events, especially in Paris, that two handguns and a Koran in a suitcase raise alarms.

Mimosa97

Up to 25% of French citizens are joining ISIS? #datsecularvoid?#

Up to 25% of the french citizens who joined ISIS are converts. Most of the converts are white.

You need to know that converts are a tiny minority but most of them get brainwashed by salafi cults and they end up converting in a matter of weeks before getting radicalized just as fast. They also tend to be the more violent/radical of them all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
During questioning the man said he had been carrying the guns -- two small calibre automatic pistols -- because he did not want to leave them at his mother's home where he was living, a police source told AFP

Oh c'mon, that's dumb. The guy had to know Paris is still in under emergency state and was gonna be arrested on the spot for having those weapons.

Either he's lying, or he's dumb as hell.

What have they changed? I went a week before the attacks in Paris in November and i had to laugh at the stupidity of their security. From train station to hotel you could either enter through downtown Disney style Disney village and pass through security (more on that in a min) or get straight on a bus to a hotel. There was no security this way or even checks you had a hotel booked. The train station is on a main line so anyone can go to it with he only reasons being Disney or if you somehow lived near by and was being picked up.

The only security is in the Disney village and the only way to he parks is through the Disney village. Here's where it gets stupid. There's a line for just people without bags, no one checks you here. In fact if the staff count is low and you have a bag you can sneak through here. Prams can also go through here without checks. If you have a bag of any size you go into a tent where either someone prods it for a few seconds in the dark tent and doesn't really check the bags contents or it goes through an airport style metal detector.

It was so dumb if you wanted to bring a knife or anything in you just put it on your body and no one would ever know. Or you could potentially sneak past these check points as they only used movable metal barriers to enclose them, no even chest height so easy to get over or go around. Just seemed the most pointless waste of time even bothering to do this. It almost seemed like it just caused hassle as it didn't provide any protection or deterrent in my eyes.

I'm glad this guy got caught, I have no idea how he got caught cos anyone with half a brain would have seen the huge flaws in these check points and worked around them with ease. I'm sure half the time it's just these people being complete idiots than any good system in place that catches these guys out.
That's not dumb, that's just how things should be in a country that until recently has mostly been free from violence and terrorism

It's a shame the world is becoming the way it is. I don't think extreme security the way it is the U.S. should be the default

Condom

Up to 25% of the french citizens who joined ISIS are converts. Most of the converts are white.

You need to know that converts are a tiny minority but most of them get brainwashed by salafi cults and they end up converting in a matter of weeks before getting radicalized just as fast. They also tend to be the more violent/radical of them all.

I think the difference is because for many native (lol) Muslims like me the religion is just something casual/cultural but for converts it is a big obsession.

sensi97

Sorry guys but it's pretty standard to assume that someone is preparing an attack in Paris ATM when the person in question is carrying not one but two guns and a Quran but the most damning " evidence " is that his partner escaped when he got arrested. What did you want the police to assume ? That the guy was just packing two firearms and liked to read ?

The report about his partner escaping the scene was erronous.

Quoting "La Marne Journal":
Elle n’a pas pris la fuite. « Elle a tout simplement demandé si elle pouvait partir aux membres de la sécurité qui lui ont répondu oui », nous a confié une source policière.
Rough translation:
She didn't flee. « She simply asked the security guards if she could leave and they answered 'yes' », a police source told us.
source: http://www.journallamarne.fr/2016/01/28/un-homme-arme-arrete-dans-un-hotel-de-disneyland-paris/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom