• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX 20: TriCoRo confirmed, location test pending

cj_iwakura

Seriously.

tricorco.jpg

Oh Konami, you silly fools.

Songlist and stuff:
attachment.php

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/content.php?171-beatmaniaIIDX-20-tricoro-Location-Test

[HARDCORE] 402nm(Ryu☆mix) - Another Infinity - 177BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[ELECTRO POP] Ascalon - Qrispy Joybox - 185BPM SP [5/8/11] DP [6/9/11]
[SYMPHONIC BREAKBEATS] Devilz Staircase - OSTER project - 185BPM SP [3/10/-] DP [4/10/-]
[TRANCE CORE] FLOWER - DJ YOSHITAKA - 173BPM SP [6/9/-] DP [6/9/-]
[NEW 80'S] i know you know - Suke+Suke feat.RIBBON - 136BPM SP [3/6/9] DP [3/6/9]
[ORBITAL CORE] Illegal Function Call - U1-ASAMi - 260BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[TRANCE] liberation - dj TAKA - 150BPM SP [5/9/-] DP [6/10/-]
[HAPPY HARDCORE] Light and Cyber - Tatsh - 181BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[NEO 80'S EURO ELECTRO] LUV CAN SAVE U - HIDEKI NAGANUMA - 140BPM SP [3/7/9] DP [3/6/9]
[TECH DANCE] Neonlights - DJ Noriken - 145BPM SP [5/8/10] DP [4/8/11]
[CLASSICAL PIANO] Pralidium - Yuko Takahashi - 152BPM SP [4/8/10] DP [4/8/11]
[DRUM'N BASS] POINT ZERO - 猫又Master+ - 188BPM SP [4/7/10] DP [4/7/10]
[EMOTIONAL SENTENCE] RE:Generation - TAG feat. Eri - 176BPM SP [5/8/10] DP [5/8/11]
[ELECTRO POP] Shining world - DJ Genki feat. Yukacco - 150BPM SP [6/8/9] DP [4/7/9]
[STARPOP] To My Star - 星野奏子 - 153BPM SP [3/6/9] DP [3/7/9]
[DUBSTEP] ZED - USAO - 190BPM SP [5/8/11] DP [5/8/11]
[Hi-GOTH] 狂イ咲ケ焔ノ華 - 覚醒ノPrim - 206BPM SP [6/10/-] DP [6/10/-]
[NEO CLASSICAL DANCE] 下弦の月 - iNO - 166BPM SP [5/?/10] DP [5/7/9]

Some interesting things to note:

- The resolution is reported to have been raised to 720p from 480p. This is the first time a IIDX title has been shown in an HD resolution.
- A new monitor has been reported as being used during the test. So far there is no information regarding what this means for the final release.
- In-Store ranking setting added.
- A new hi-speed mode (floating) has been added that allows players to adjust the speed in small increments with the turntable, similar to adjusting your sudden+ setting.
- Flower and Devilz Staircase both have Charge Notes, Flower has Backspin Scratches as well.

The Following songs were excluded from the location test:

Spooky - good-cool
DANCER - DE VOL
ADVANCE - SLAKE
Prelude - NAOKI underground
Drop on the floor - good-cool
Les filles balancent - Orange Lounge
GREEN EYES - SLAKE
tripping contact - kors k vs. teranoid
Parasite World - TЁЯRA underground
鬼言集 - あさき
radius - yasuhiro abe
アタック NO.3. - IDEA NOTE
Chocolate Dancing - Yocke feat. Mayu
To The Future - seiya-murai
Electric Super Highway - MACHO ROBOT feat. nouvo nude

image credit: http://twitter.com/wagome
Location Test page: http://www.konami.jp/am/locationtest/bm2dx20/
e-Amusement Gate: http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/2dx/20/p/index.html

HD resolution means good odds for a PS3 port, I think.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Alright Konami, here's my brilliant business plan.

• Jump ahead to tricoro like you did when you jumped to Gitadora V.
• Include all the originals from Sirius through tricoro, plus a handful of revivals.
• Sell it through Konamistyle for the PS3, bundled with a IIDX branded PS2->USB converter.
• Have a robust DLC setup. Update the store frequently with large updates. Sell bundles of tracks for a discount.

You will separate me from a large amount of money if you do this.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
2 things:

1) These names are getting stupider and stupider.

2) I almost thought I read the thread title as an announcement of a console Beatmania. Then I yelled "FUCK" very loudly.

cj_iwakura

Alright Konami, here's my brilliant business plan.

• Jump ahead to tricoro like you did when you jumped to Gitadora V.
• Include all the originals from Sirius through tricoro, plus a handful of revivals.
• Sell it through Konamistyle for the PS3, bundled with a IIDX branded PS2->USB converter.
• Have a robust DLC setup. Update the store frequently with large updates. Sell bundles of tracks for a discount.

You will separate me from a large amount of money if you do this.

The only thing more terrifying than how much this would cost would be how fast I'd buy it.

They have to be planning something. Beatmania has a very cult following, but a very devout, willing to pay $TEXAS levels of devoted one.

It ain't like Konami has much else turning a profit.

Danny Dudekisser

The only thing more terrifying than how much this would cost would be how fast I'd buy it.

They have to be planning something. Beatmania has a very cult following, but a very devout, willing to pay $TEXAS levels of devoted one.

I'd probably drop $500 for a bundle with a PS3 controller and a compilation of Sirius through this one... so I suppose you guys aren't alone.

I would rebuy a DJ Dao for this on console. Or PC.

"Most notable thing about this version is the fact that the resolution of the game will finally be in 720p."

HD Console release soon, please?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Me too. Me too. I have most of the CS releases, and I'd rebuy hundreds of songs just so I didn't have to swap discs on my PS2.

I assume the hang up is controllers. All the music & charts are already made. They'd just have to port the core game to the triple. The idea of playing beatmania with integrated global leaderboards is about as good as I can imagine gaming to get.

Wait, this is in 720p? Hope for a console release
very slightly
rising.

cj_iwakura

Me too. Me too. I have most of the CS releases, and I'd rebuy hundreds of songs just so I didn't have to swap discs on my PS2.

I assume the hang up is controllers. All the music & charts are already made. They'd just have to port the core game to the triple. The idea of playing beatmania with integrated global leaderboards is about as good as I can imagine gaming to get.

Wait, this is in 720p? Hope for a console release
very slightly
rising.

Is it possible Beatmania is too last gen for Sony's glorious hardware? If that's true, me and Kaz need to have a talk.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible Beatmania is too last gen for Sony's glorious hardware? If that's true, me and Kaz need to have a talk.
This wouldn't surprise me one bit. But this is pretty much my only hope.

Well, I guess maybe they could just release it for PC? It runs on a PC in the arcade now anyway.

I don't know if I can think of a game less suited to iPad gaming than IIDX. Seriously.

TGMIII

Those of you asking for a PC release know that people remake the songs in BMS format and you can play them on lunatic rave 2, right?

I haven't played Beatmania in a long time, god I must suck by now. A PS3 release with online play, leaderboards etc.. o god I want it! :(

"Those of you asking for a PC release know that people remake the songs in BMS format and you can play them on lunatic rave 2, right?"

Something something, "total experience," etc.

Also, is TriCoRo supposed to be like "tri-color" or should I stop trying to make sense of recent IIDX subtitles.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Same here. :(

Still have mine, even though my IIDX days are behind me. It's really fun going back to the old releases for some nostalgic bliss.

djdao.jpg

I have the same, collecting dust now.

Can't bear to sell it, but I really doubt I'll ever use it again.

TGMIII

Hardware upgrade?

also they should release this on ipad

Don't know about the actual hardware itself but a "next generation LCD" and a new "stage metal sheet" are being tested with the loc test cabs.

The Type E pop'n'music cabs can do 420p/720p and didn't need any PCB/CPU/GPU upgrades so I'd say the hardware will stay the same.

cj_iwakura

"Those of you asking for a PC release know that people remake the songs in BMS format and you can play them on lunatic rave 2, right?"

Something something, "total experience," etc.

Also, is TriCoRo supposed to be like "tri-color" or should I stop trying to make sense of recent IIDX subtitles.

Yes, the theme is Tri-Color.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Oh Konami, if only you hadn't completely botched the US release way back when, things might be a little different now...

geebee

Banned
Oh Konami, if only you hadn't completely botched the US release way back when, things might be a little different now...
It was only worth it for an extra IIDX controller. But the game itself and music selection was pretty horrible. And didn't it feature the UI/menu design from an older IIDX?

It was only worth it for an extra IIDX controller. But the game itself and music selection was pretty horrible. And didn't it feature the UI/menu design from an older IIDX?

It was actually a modified 9th style UI, which was the newest or second newest on the PS2 at the time. The big departure from mainline IIDX was the inclusion of a dedicated 5-key mode, complete with free sections.

Deft Beck

Konami has no idea how to name their rhythm games anymore.

Anyway, I don't know how BEMANI will expand beyond the arcade niche beyond the dedicated fans nowadays. KCEJ really botched most of their attempts to break out and jaded feelings are pervasive throughout most of the hardcore fans (was the subject of an editorial on Bemanistyle last year)

At the very least, I'm buying the jukebeat songpacks and hoping that Reflec Beat Plus will be released soon. I don't know, maybe we'll see another Dance Masters or a reimagining of DDR.

Edit:
OK, maybe I'm being too pessimistic; then again, I haven't seen many positive signs from Konami lately.

cj_iwakura

Also, the inclusion of Funkytown.

The Toxic remix was pretty great.

Still, even the licensed tracks dropped the ball. They could've gotten big names, instead they went for covers and remixes.

Ah well, great $30 controller. I still own Beatmania US, though I'm not entirely sure why. Collectible's sake maybe.

Danny Dudekisser

The Toxic remix was pretty great.

Still, even the licensed tracks dropped the ball. They could've gotten big names, instead they went for covers and remixes.

Ah well, great $30 controller. I still own Beatmania US, though I'm not entirely sure why. Collectible's sake maybe.

The Toxic remix was shockingly good. But it showed up in RED anyway, so take that, shitty US version!

I bought it, too, just for the controller.

2 things:

1) These names are getting stupider and stupider.

2) I almost thought I read the thread title as an announcement of a console Beatmania. Then I yelled "FUCK" very loudly.

Okay good...I wasn't the only one...

I have the same, collecting dust now.

Can't bear to sell it, but I really doubt I'll ever use it again.

Same here...

DSC07574.jpg

I get a session in here and there but I haven't played in a while...

My good friend has a IIDX machine at his place so I should give him a shout soon...

Tain

I don't still play these games very often, but I kinda want this series to continue until I die.

I like that arcades are still top priority, and I hope it stays that way, but yeah, ports would be nice!

...man, I want another song like GOLD RUSH that includes DJ Troopers, Empress, Sirius, Resort Anthem, Lincle and Tricoro...

I've NEVER been any good at IIDX games, and yet I love them anyway. I have no idea what's wrong with me.

Well, how the hell did this get under my radar, i´ll never know...

The funny thing is that i´m just building a turntable controller for my brother lol.

Whould be nice a console release....i mean, PLEASE

cj_iwakura

No one posted the songlist and stuff yet?

Here we go then!

attachment.php

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/content.php?171-beatmaniaIIDX-20-tricoro-Location-Test

[HARDCORE] 402nm(Ryu☆mix) - Another Infinity - 177BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[ELECTRO POP] Ascalon - Qrispy Joybox - 185BPM SP [5/8/11] DP [6/9/11]
[SYMPHONIC BREAKBEATS] Devilz Staircase - OSTER project - 185BPM SP [3/10/-] DP [4/10/-]
[TRANCE CORE] FLOWER - DJ YOSHITAKA - 173BPM SP [6/9/-] DP [6/9/-]
[NEW 80'S] i know you know - Suke+Suke feat.RIBBON - 136BPM SP [3/6/9] DP [3/6/9]
[ORBITAL CORE] Illegal Function Call - U1-ASAMi - 260BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[TRANCE] liberation - dj TAKA - 150BPM SP [5/9/-] DP [6/10/-]
[HAPPY HARDCORE] Light and Cyber - Tatsh - 181BPM SP [5/9/11] DP [5/9/11]
[NEO 80'S EURO ELECTRO] LUV CAN SAVE U - HIDEKI NAGANUMA - 140BPM SP [3/7/9] DP [3/6/9]
[TECH DANCE] Neonlights - DJ Noriken - 145BPM SP [5/8/10] DP [4/8/11]
[CLASSICAL PIANO] Pralidium - Yuko Takahashi - 152BPM SP [4/8/10] DP [4/8/11]
[DRUM'N BASS] POINT ZERO - 猫又Master+ - 188BPM SP [4/7/10] DP [4/7/10]
[EMOTIONAL SENTENCE] RE:Generation - TAG feat. Eri - 176BPM SP [5/8/10] DP [5/8/11]
[ELECTRO POP] Shining world - DJ Genki feat. Yukacco - 150BPM SP [6/8/9] DP [4/7/9]
[STARPOP] To My Star - 星野奏子 - 153BPM SP [3/6/9] DP [3/7/9]
[DUBSTEP] ZED - USAO - 190BPM SP [5/8/11] DP [5/8/11]
[Hi-GOTH] 狂イ咲ケ焔ノ華 - 覚醒ノPrim - 206BPM SP [6/10/-] DP [6/10/-]
[NEO CLASSICAL DANCE] 下弦の月 - iNO - 166BPM SP [5/?/10] DP [5/7/9]

Some interesting things to note:

- The resolution is reported to have been raised to 720p from 480p. This is the first time a IIDX title has been shown in an HD resolution.
- A new monitor has been reported as being used during the test. So far there is no information regarding what this means for the final release.
- In-Store ranking setting added.
- A new hi-speed mode (floating) has been added that allows players to adjust the speed in small increments with the turntable, similar to adjusting your sudden+ setting.
- Flower and Devilz Staircase both have Charge Notes, Flower has Backspin Scratches as well.

The Following songs were excluded from the location test:

Spooky - good-cool
DANCER - DE VOL
ADVANCE - SLAKE
Prelude - NAOKI underground
Drop on the floor - good-cool
Les filles balancent - Orange Lounge
GREEN EYES - SLAKE
tripping contact - kors k vs. teranoid
Parasite World - TЁЯRA underground
鬼言集 - あさき
radius - yasuhiro abe
アタック NO.3. - IDEA NOTE
Chocolate Dancing - Yocke feat. Mayu
To The Future - seiya-murai
Electric Super Highway - MACHO ROBOT feat. nouvo nude

image credit: http://twitter.com/wagome
Location Test page: http://www.konami.jp/am/locationtest/bm2dx20/
e-Amusement Gate: http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/2dx/20/p/index.html

HD resolution means good odds for a PS3 port, I think.

TGMIII

PS3 doesn't have a (required) region lock, correct?

Correct but do not hold out for a PS3 port of the game. Even if it does come it's at least a year away unless Konami have planned ahead and developed a PS3 version alongside the arcade version.

Key word in that sentence is Konami

TGMIII

yeah i wonder if my PS2 controller will work through an adapter with this one's eventual(hopeful) PS3 release?

My DJDAO works on my PS3 if I use a PS2>USB converter as do PS2 arcade sticks so I don't see why it wouldn't work with a possible port but you'll get lag unless you've got a really good converter.

cj_iwakura

If this does hit the PS3, it better have every single song from post-Empress to TriCoRo. No excuses.

With variable interfaces.

Top Bottom