• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beautiful concept of Princess Zelda

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I thought Kat was your WAIFU 🤔

She would be upset to see you with another woman, a Hussy at that 👀
I was looking for my waifu's photo.

nw7Wkpg.jpeg

My heroine 🥰

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I like the version we got. The rest are too modern.

She is absolutely wonderful in the flashback memories. A massive improvement from the meak constantly on the verge of crying zelda in BOTW. She has agency and plays a pivotal role in the story. I fucking love the ending.

honestly didnt think a fucking zelda game would have the best story last year. (didnt play baldurs gate dont @ me.)

WoJ

That guy can just GTFOH with that whole Zelda becoming the main character. What's wrong with these ppl.

Legend of Zelda is about Link rescuing a princess Zelda and getting master sword along the way. Everything else is just gravy. The end.
Seriously. I remember the first time I saw this idea posted on era. This was years ago. Probably right after the era people left here. And I thought to myself, why does Link need to be a chick or why would you play as Zelda. Then it's not Zelda.

After learning about what the purple site is I now understand.

MAtgS

Seriously. I remember the first time I saw this idea posted on era. This was years ago. Probably right after the era people left here. And I thought to myself, why does Link need to be a chick or why would you play as Zelda. Then it's not Zelda.

After learning about what the purple site is I now understand.
How exactly is it "not Zelda" to be playing as the person literally named Zelda? Damsels in distresses aren't what come to my mind as what defines the series. The adventure, the exploration, the dungeons, the puzzles, the items, the NPCs, that's LoZ to me.

Reactions: Isa

WoJ

How exactly is it "not Zelda" to be playing as the person literally named Zelda? Damsels in distresses aren't what come to my mind as what defines the series. The adventure, the exploration, the dungeons, the puzzles, the items, the NPCs, that's LoZ to me.
I'd argue that along with those things you mentioned playing as Link to rescue Zelda is as much part of the series.

I'm not adverse to Zelda being a playable character in a game, but I'd much prefer Link as the main character. Gimme a co-op game with the two...That'd a fun way to shake up the formula.

Eh the game design was the best one. Ive made better zelda designs using ...sadly using ai. Having zelda just be a cute princess that needs to be saved is pretty much the most revolutionary thing you can do with games these days.

kunonabi

I like the version we got. The rest are too modern.

She is absolutely wonderful in the flashback memories. A massive improvement from the meak constantly on the verge of crying zelda in BOTW. She has agency and plays a pivotal role in the story. I fucking love the ending.

honestly didnt think a fucking zelda game would have the best story last year. (didnt play baldurs gate dont @ me.)
Dude, all totk Zelda does is stand around and cry before doing her big sacrifice that sidelines her for the rest of the game only in a much lamer and contrived way than it did the first time.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'm not adverse to Zelda being a playable character in a game, but I'd much prefer Link as the main character. Gimme a co-op game with the two...That'd a fun way to shake up the formula.
91OWRVe88qL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

I love that game, because of the fact that Zelda is a controllable character, I always choose her.

kiphalfton

#6 looks like Ellen Paige before she became Elliot Paige.

Others look like hairstyles for middle age house wives.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Some of those haircuts are good, some are awful. I prefer TOTK Zelda. That general character design is the best Zelda ever (the same goes for Link and most other characters, they just nailed it).

Last edited:
Top Bottom