• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beavis and Butt-Head on SNL

StueyDuck

i will never understand SNL humor, i mean don't get me wrong, i think local South African skits and humor is terrible also...

the Brits and the Aussies/Kiwis know how to do it right, hard to watch anything else really.

i will never understand SNL humor, i mean don't get me wrong, i think local South African skits and humor is terrible also...

the Brits and the Aussies/Kiwis know how to do it right, hard to watch anything else really.
Yeah ill throw canadians in there as well

in the last decade or two it feels like snl skits turned into just longer multi character versions of late night shows monologues… just like bare bones low brow dumb dumb humor

Soodanim

+1 to the only humour being seeing them break.

SNL's an odd one. For years I've been seeing people say how funny Jim Carrey's fireman character sketches are, but they do nothing for me.

I'm sure I've found some SNL sketches funny over the years, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they were.

SJRB

Gold Member
SNL skits aren't even funny, or clever. It just a random situation where someone looks weird, talks weird or yells loud.

There are no jokes, no punchlines, no payoff. It's just random shit. Absolute bottom-tier "comedy".

KaiserBecks

SNL skits aren't even funny, or clever. It just a random situation where someone looks weird, talks weird or yells loud.

There are no jokes, no punchlines, no payoff. It's just random shit. Absolute bottom-tier "comedy".

Agree, but every now and then stuff like this happens:

JCK75

There are SNL sketches that on their own are amazing.. but for every episode it's like 90% terrible with 10% amazing or OK.

My favorite era would have been the Phil Hartman era, and unfrozen Caveman lawyer was brilliant.

daffyduck

Caveman Lawyer

Ambiguously gay duo -sort of. Would probably be “problematic” today.

Debbie Downer - if only for the same reason as OP

jason10mm

Gold Member
If SNL went to a 30, maybe 45 min format with host and musical guest, and a more concentrated demonstration of their talent I think it would be a much better show. Compare it to In Living Color or Whose Line is it Anyway. 30 min is the perfect length.

I haven't watched in YEARS but even in their "prime" they couldn't fill 90 minutes well. Guess that back half of ads still pays the bills.

RagnarokIV

Last time I watched SNL there was some black woman hosting and going on about how her new sitcom is like Friends, "but actually has black people hellooo" and the crowd starting laughing and applauding? Is that even a joke?

I just nope'd out instantly.

Long gone are the days of cowbell.

daffyduck

There was a sitcom like that at the same time as Friends. It wasn’t that popular. I guess somebody needs to be blamed.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
So this poped up on my feed. It's the first snl sketch in years that I've seen that I got a few good laughs at. However, most of my laughs were from the actors themselves cracking up big time. Is this common in modern snl? Seems pretty unprofessional.

yah, I've now watched this skit about 8 times now.
It's pretty good.

violence

0AArfaE.gif

I always thought a certain Director would make a great Beavis. I won’t say who.

Last edited:
Top Bottom