• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodin

Nice logo and aesthetics, name isn't bad but i think maybe "Duo" was better. The concept seems to work. Graphics seemed a bit better than Wii U seeing Mario and Skyrim remaster, but we're gonna have to wait to judge that. The pro controller seems godly. Hopefully the price is right (199-249€), a bit disappointed that the "hybrid" concept was the only one, no secrets... or so it seems.

Zoracka

Guys, are you sure this is Mario Kart 8?

I don't remember having Boo in that nor having two items!

Edit: And those items

L1vKRgJ.jpg

muteki

Everything was real.

I'm in on the concept but need to know about software and store/account policies to get really excited.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
More or less exactly what we all thought which imo is really cool. I can't image how uncomfortable that NES mode of the controller (playing with the single side) is though lol.

That's what I've been trying to tell ya'all :)

At least it's out in the open now! Woohoo
I hadn't seen the video before, they did a great job. It's a well targeted concept

I really don't get it.

I've got my tablet if I want fun on the go. I don't want to have to carry around another device and controller attachments! I'm happy waiting until I'm at home for a console experience.

Clever technology though in that it's scalable. And I'll get one simply for Mario and Zelda, obviously. And hopefully Metroid.

What's not to get? You're not a fan of handhelds...

Servbot24

Banned
Name - Awkward. Not good.
Concept - Sure. Works for me. Never going to play with half a controller though.
Zelda - Of course. Can't Wait.
3D Mario - YEEESSSSSSSSS
Skyrim - Horrible game, don't care.

I'll get one most likely.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
hybrid?

After all these years this is what you came up with Nintendo?

It's going to have the same fate as GBA Connectivity and the Wii U Gamepad. The public didn't like this idea so why insist? The whole thing is very confusiing too, the averag person won't even bother.

I will be very very surprised if this thing sells at all.

Roxas

I dunno about this. The most hyped game in the entire reveal was a HD remaster of a 5 year old game.

The controllers attached to the screen thing look minuscule

The "Pro" controller looks like one of the generic Android/Amazon/Bluetooth controllers that you find everywhere and all look the same

I guess we get a new Mario though :shrug:

I will only use it as a handheld. But is that touchscreen like the vita?

lol at people happy about skyrim. I'd be more impressed if it was fallout 4.

eaise

Neo Member
Zelda
Skyrim Remastered
NBA 2K
New 3D Mario
Splatoon

Did I miss any?

Nope you got them all. And they're amazing! This is awesome! Day 1 buy!
If Bethesda (who never put a game on Nintendo console ) is supporting the switch then I'm betting lots of third parties will too.

Did anyone else notice that the 3D Mario game might be coop?
The girl goes over to her friends and both start to play

Jimm

Great name, clear message and great games.

I just hope its not just a port machine at launch. I'm 100% in.

Docking and controllers seem a big fiddly and ugly, but that's not a bad thing at all seems super functional. HYPE

Cool concept and design.

My worry is the fact it's also a handheld means the specs will be weak. I don't want game design compromised by that fact.

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon... is this compatible with Wii U games?

There were rumors saying that they will re-release WiiU games. Smash and Mario Maker were also mentioned I think. They might get a retail release as a GOTY edition or Nintendo will sell them via virtual console I guess.

MoonFrog

That "d-pad"...and offset sticks panned out too...a bit sad about those. Name is 'meh.'

But...Hybrid confirmed. Zelda footage. Mario footage. Kart footage. Splatoon footage. Bethesda and 2K on board? I didn't expect that last thing at all. These are all good things in my mind.

Love the concept. Love the name. Love the design. Love love LOVE that they're finally abandoning all the gimmicky shit and just going with a standard controller. Day fucking one for me. Haven't been this excited for a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

n0razi

It almost seems like a downgrade from the 3DS IMHO

- much larger (less portable)
- single screen
- no 3D

Zafir

Looks better than I expected really.

Will probably pick up on launch assuming the price is right(which it should be it's Nintendo - they don't want to price themselves out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom