• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Mendelsohn in talks for lead role in Star Wars: Rogue One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Co-starring alongside Felicity Jones

EXCLUSIVE: Word is that Ben Mendelsohn is circling a lead role alongside Felicity Jones in Rogue One, the Star Wars spinoff to be directed by Gareth Edwards. If Mendelsohn isn’t on your radar, he ought to be. The Aussie actor has been memorable in films that include Exodus: Gods And Kings, Killing Them Softly and The Dark Knight Rises. But he is overwhelmingly good in the stellar cast of the new Netflix series Bloodline, with a performance that has to put him smack in the middle of the Emmy discussion. As usual, Disney doesn’t comment on Star Wars business.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ben-mendelsohn-star-wars-spinoff-rogue-one-1201398835/

Co lead - or main antagonist?

Because this dude looks like a particularly slimy imperial.

edit: and he was REALLY damned good in Killing Them Softly.

He looks awesome in that Slow West trailer

screen-shot-2015-03-24-at-12-17-50-pm.png

Viewt

Awesome. Been a fan of Ben Mendelsohn since Place Beyond the Pines. Liking him a lot so far on Bloodline and I'm glad to hear he's blowing up.

Blader

Maybe I should've written "a lead role" since this is probably not the same character that Aaron Paul was (still is?) eyed for.

I don't really see him as a lead character

I'm sorry but I think he has waaaaay too much range to be underestimated like that. Yes, he had been stuck in a bit of a bad guy/junkie rut lately (if you can even call that a rut) but he crushes whenever he's on screen regardless. I for one think he's capable of staggering subtlety when called on to

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well you just know he'll be playing a fuckup, everything I've seen him in he plays one, and he plays it amazingly well.

Sojgat

I really hope Mendelsohn gets this. While I'm glad he's getting work, I'm tired of him being cast as a loser/dirtbag in everything. This is Danny Clark we're talking about here.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
good news, bloke's great

still, hope he doesn't take screen time away from my goddess

Maybe I should've written "a lead role" since this is probably not the same character that Aaron Paul was (still is?) eyed for.

he can't be a pilot, his head wouldn't fit the cockpit. Maybe he'll play Uatu or something

Booshka

Mendelsohn is a fantastic actor, deserves a big break. Killing Me Softly, Bloodline and Place Beyond the Pines are all excellent roles and performances.

Amir0x

Banned
He was the cornerstone of Bloodline, which <final episode, full season of Bloodline spoilers>
will now be nothing without him in the mix *pout*

Interesting choice indeed if true

Kill3r7

He was the cornerstone of Bloodline, which <final episode, full season of Bloodline spoilers>
will now be nothing without him in the mix *pout*

Interesting choice indeed if true

Agreed. His character/performance was the most compelling thing about the show.

Frog-fu

Banned
I enjoyed his recent performance in Bloodlines. Kind of surprised he isn't more famous considering how good of an actor he is.

Dude from The Big Steal (one of my fave movies from my high school years) will maybe be in Star Wars.

The world is a weird fucking place.

Lead role?! omg hope that comes to pass.

I'll recommend it again, watch Starred Up for Ben Mendelsohn.

starred-up-post.jpg

Would love to see Slow West, getting great reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom