• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk 2016 Anime |OT| Prelude to the CGI Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

I've taken some time to listen to the movies soundtrack (well just the first one) and I...quite like it! They're really overshadowed by the original anime's OST but I'm a fan. I don't know why they all have French names though. Aria is my favorite so far.

And they really have a tight budget on the new anime, huh? So many reused soundtracks.
"I'm waiting so long
I'm waiting so long"

The best

Hehe another season got announced for next year

N6oAHXd.gif

Hehe another season got announced for next year

Hopefully we see some improvements by then
I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel about this. David Productions better announce that they'll be running a Part 5 anime at the same time or else I don't know how I'm going to be able to cope after watching it.

As poor as the anime was for me personally, you can't argue that it hasn't brought exposure to berserk. Multiple people I know are reading the manga now and the anime studio were apparently behind the game so can't really complain too much.

petran79

Banned
As poor as the anime was for me personally, you can't argue that it hasn't brought exposure to berserk. Multiple people I know are reading the manga now and the anime studio were apparently behind the game so can't really complain too much.

They have to in order to understand what is going on in this mess.
At least the first series was more consistent in character development and story.
I doubt even a second season will tidy things up

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nothing could have topped the monstrosity that was this episode than the preview saying more is to come with the armor with some shiny red eyes.

Grudy

Griffith reappearance at the sound of guitars?

icAdm48.png

I like how Zodd has one horn. LMAO. Why? Who gives a shit.

I actually never quite understood what happened in that scene in the manga. spoilers ahead.

Wasn't he was just dreaming?

Edit: Thanks for the avatar :p

I actually never quite understood what happened in that scene in the manga. spoilers ahead.

Wasn't he was just dreaming?
The Falcon of Light appeared in a vision to Zodd. He tried his luck against it but got schooled. It inflicted a wound in his astral body, and when he wakes, you can see the damage in his physical form

Snaku

Banned
Quite satisfied with the midseason finale. Aside from those first couple hideous episodes, this series more than satisfied my desire to see more animated Berserk. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But the animators clearly improved episode to episode, and I think they're going to get better next Spring. Hopefully there are improvements to the Blu-ray release a la Sailor Moon Crystal.

Wish Berserk Musou was coming out sooner. :/

Hystzen

Last few episodes where not bad just fine they nailed the Mozgus fight and the other Inqusitors. Griffith looked wonky when saw his face on but it no where near shit as people make out. I think just used to poor animation quality and ready to see trolls, Serpico fucking up shit and Neo Band of Hawk

They have to in order to understand what is going on in this mess.
At least the first series was more consistent in character development and story.
I doubt even a second season will tidy things up

Totally agree. I'm not a fan of the series but there are some positives to take from it. The dream is always to get a high anime production and more exposure is one of the ways for this. Only concern for season 2 is whether they will consider jumping ahead of arcs to get to where the teaser hinted.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Totally agree. I'm not a fan of the series but there are some positives to take from it. The dream is always to get a high anime production and more exposure is one of the ways for this. Only concern for season 2 is whether they will consider jumping ahead of arcs to get to where the teaser hinted.

Im fine if they skip a bit ahead. This is not a high budget, unlimited 50+ episode run. They need to pick and choose what they can do.

Am I the only one that imagines Zodd being red? Cause in my head Zodd's red, this isn't the Zodd that I imagined. That's right nobody attack the pretty naked man just basking in the fucking sunlight. Griffith just rose like a Phoenix from Arizona. Zodd's just going ham on these normal blokes. Why is out of shape Farnese walking faster than Serpico can run? Next season I get to see them fuck up
Grunbeld vs Berserker armor
yay!!!!!

Arkeband

Banned
How come Zodd looks like a cat with down's syndrome?

They played Ash Crow over a Joachim scene.

lriwUmm.gif

3/10.

lol this is basically my reaction.

The last episode was a fucking mess, even some funny Puck antics couldn't save it. Poor, seemingly random music direction, bad 2D, bad 3D, long drawn out scenes with the two shitty sub characters, nonsensical Kushan suicide, Derp Griffith and Derp Zodd, just all around awful.

Oh well, at least it's over. Hopefully the next season isn't as rough as this one was.

So interesting to note is that the director of this season is writing/directing another season of Teekyu, which starts in about two weeks.

I'm not 100% sure how anime schedules work, but that seems like quite a bit of production overlap.

And then if Berserk is aiming for spring instead of summer, you'd assume it would immediately roll into production so as to keep all the staff working - which might point to a different director?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3914847b-1602-4aa0-a61f-0ae19af300d4.jpg._CB270027356__SL300_.jpg
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Griffith looked terrible, and I enjoyed most of this season. Hyped at the next season preview though. Didn't think it was gonna happen.

He looked like a graceful beautiful antelope, which seemed fairly appropriate. 'Blood and Guts' never fails to get my heart racing. It was a nice way to end the season and made up for episode eight of Farnese's redundant introspection slowing everything to a crawl.

I feel like the botched the impact of his stare at Guts by using some sort of weird frame blending that took all the snappiness out of it.

Overall, the more I think about it, the more I'd trust the original dub cast to really make the most of the scenes. I know a dub was announced, but I hope they don't cheap out from the original cast and we end up with Vic Mignogna as Guts.

Still can't believe how terribly bad the show has been, the ugliness of it all is driving me mad, everytime the memory of a scene pops in my mind it shatters and darkens it slowly.
I lost it at the music again this time ; everything being so amateurish makes me question life, and embrace insanity.
Those guitar riffs at the sight of a blue kitten and a poorly drawn griffith have launch me into space at full throttle.

I am now past Voyager-1 and everything is so dark and bleak, I can't hear anything anymore and my sight is getting worse, time and space have started expanding at 15fps around me.

I'm so cold...
I'm going to lie down guys, don't wait for me...

I just...
I just need a little rest...

Acerac

Banned
Loved the copy/paste villagers running towards the camera early in the episode. I'm usually kind to this show's animation but that took even me out of it.

That said, I'm still hype for the next arc, I didn't know they were working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom