• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Anime Season 2 |OT| wacky waving inflatable sword man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article. I have no doubt this was a train-wreck of a production, no sane production company would release such a visually grotesque product but, once again, it's seems most negativity is focused on the animation-aspect. The terrible animation is not the cause of a sound design that seemed appropriate of a benny hill show, it's not the cause of the lack of scene direction, it's not the cause of a terrible pace, it's not the cause of bad writing mutilating Miura's story. And those were this show biggest sins.

And you can see the evidence of this with Puck and Isidro scenes. Most of them actually...worked. Why? It's still the same shit and the same people. But the director clearly was able to translate the intent of those moments through coherent scene composition and timing. Maybe cause that style is the only thing he knows how to do. You can't blame Gemba when some kind of shitty jazz starts playing in the middle of Berserk, when the first confrontation between Guts and Serpico is played while the credits are rolling, you can't blame them when Susumu's new music is introduced in a season ending scene between Nina and...Joachim (!?).

100% agreed. Terrible animation is just one of many problems this show has.

Watching this gives me a headache. The camera doesn't stop moving. The 97 anime also captured the atmosphere of the manga much better than the films and the new series.

Dahbomb

I want to hear what other anime studio directors have to say about this monstrosity.

Someone get Miyazaki on the phone.

lol, that cracked me up. They hobble off into the sunset with syphilis to ASH CROWWWWWWWWWW!!1
Ash Crow is such an amazing song too. Honestly, Ash Crow, Hai Yo and Sign II are top contenders for the final track that should be played in a Berserk anime (when or after Guts shoves the dragonslayer up Griffith's ass). It's first use on Joachim and Nina was dumbfounding.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
After watching Castlevania on Netflix there is no excuse for this god damned show.

I want to hear what other anime studio directors have to say about this monstrosity.

Someone get Miyazaki on the phone.

I don't think Miyazaki knows this anime exists, cause if he did he would've personally burned down the entire industry by now

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hideaka Anno loves the new Berserk anime because of how much it fucks with long time fans of the series

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
3D animation is the only practical way to adapt Berserk to a television series in today's anime production environment. With the huge amount of detail present in Kentaro Miura's original artwork, finding a team that could consistently animate such complexity would be extremely difficult.

SPU7LUD.gif

Seriously? You are not doing Redline (7 years of production) as a TV Series. There is no way to uphold the level of detail in Miura's work in a tv series much less on a consistent basis. As for the CG itself, basically no one wants that in their anime (unless it sth. like a movie ala Gantz:0) so it's fine to do a normal 2D version.

Gitaroo

The troubling producting could be real but if the people behind it even care about the franchise would have stop this turd after a couple of episodes. They are basically shameless pos don't even care for the franchise nor their own work. Imagine the piece of shit studios go down and those animators have to put this turd on their resume. Seriously did no one ask kentaro for an interview after this turd was aired last year? I am very curious what he thinks or he even care. Is production I.G or Madhouse impossible to hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom