• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best 10/10 completed anime out there?

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Steins;Gate are my absolute favorites. Death Note and the first
and only
season of Darker than Black are close.

HardRojo

Has anyone watched the D.Gray-Man sequel that came out recently? I read the manga several years ago, but dropped it for no actual reason and I'm too lazy to start reading it again. Should I watch the original anime and continue with the version that came out a year or so ago?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is an absolute 10/10. Some of my other favorites - Macross and Gundam (original series) - have too many ups and downs to really call them 10/10, and Giant Robo is, unfortunately, not "complete".

rackham

Banned
It doesn't even complete the golden arc dude, it ends in a cliffhanger.

Well DOOD it took liberties and shortened the arc down. It's still a sizeable story. It's hardly a cliffhanger. The story is still technically going on in the manga 20+ years later. It ends when Griffith and Guts die which won't happen any time soon. Therefore, the anime had a story to tell and it told it. It's complete.

PLUS, they're not continuing the 90s anime series, therefore it's complete DOOD.
That CG trash series that came out recently doesn't count as a continuation.

Kickz

You forgot Eromanga Sensei .

Sure if you are a pedophile

tumblr_ors1ydG3wm1tlyjpto1_540.gif

Linkark07

Banned
If you like romance and solid characters, then I recommend Clannad. After Story, especially the second half, is excellent.

Another one for me is Shirobako. Is basically five girls who are trying to make a name inside the anime industry. What really captivated me is how hard working those girls were, and despite everything that stood in their way, they still continued with their dreams of making animes.

jett

D-Member
Well DOOD it took liberties and shortened the arc down. It's still a sizeable story. It's hardly a cliffhanger. The story is still technically going on in the manga 20+ years later. It ends when Griffith and Guts die which won't happen any time soon. Therefore, the anime had a story to tell and it told it. It's complete.

PLUS, they're not continuing the 90s anime series, therefore it's complete DOOD.
That CG trash series that came out recently doesn't count as a continuation.

C'mon son, it totally ends in a cliffhanger.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Basilisk deserves special mention here. One of my favourite anime.

Give Genocyber a look as well. It's a 5 part OVA.

Yu Yu Hakusho- best dub. best opening/endings. best best.
Full Metal Alchemist (OG anime. Brotherhood is cliche tropey garbage)
FLCL
Berserk

I agree that OG FMA and FLCL are absolutely fantastic

Yu Yu Hakusho I only watched recently and it’s easily in my top 10 (Togashi the GOAT)

Other good mentions in this thread:
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Trigun
Mushi-shi

I’d add:
Nodame Cantabile
Your Lie in April
Outlaw Star
Hunter X Hunter
Rose of Versailles
Honey & Clover

True Fire

Has anyone watched the D.Gray-Man sequel that came out recently? I read the manga several years ago, but dropped it for no actual reason and I'm too lazy to start reading it again. Should I watch the original anime and continue with the version that came out a year or so ago?

I'm a huge D.Gray-man fan, but if you lost interest in the manga it's veeeeery hard to get back into the series. Take it one step at a time. Maybe start with Hallow, and go back to the original anime if you forget who/what/when/where/why.

Death Note AND I'm counting the second season. Complaints are fucking exaggerated as hell.

Recently rewatched Death Note. I think the second half is actually pretty great. I think the older I get, the more I realize that the ending was 100% perfect.

New Dominion Tank Police

Street Fighter II V

Death Note, not sure what this second season thing is, Netflix only has one season that end with
Light dying.

To be honest I cannot think of many that completed the story fully. Nearly all end with more to tell, even by the anime alone and not counting anything else.

New Dominion Tank Police

Street Fighter II V

Death Note, not sure what this second season thing is, Netflix only has one season that end with
Light dying.

To be honest I cannot think of many that completed the story fully. Nearly all end with more to tell, even by the anime alone and not counting anything else.

"Second season" generally refers to everything after
L's death

HardRojo

I'm a huge D.Gray-man fan, but if you lost interest in the manga it's veeeeery hard to get back into the series. Take it one step at a time. Maybe start with Hallow, and go back to the original anime if you forget who/what/when/where/why.

Recently rewatched Death Note. I think the second half is actually pretty great. I think the older I get, the more I realize that the ending was 100% perfect.

It's not that I lost interest in it, maybe saying I simply stopped reading for no particular reason is a better way to put it, I just left it and never picked it back up, but I enjoyed it a lot, which is why I wanna watch it now :p

The anime ending is a bit different in execution than the manga one, I wish they had copied the manga ending 100%.

sinxtanx

personal taste/stuff I watched etc.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Paranoia Agent
PlanetES
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Steins;Gate
Samurai Champloo
Cromartie High School
Cowboy Bebop

Golden Boy english dub

Moaradin

Hunter x Hunter
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Ping Pong
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Gurren Lagann
Yu Yu Hakusho
Welcome to the N.H.K
Monster
The Tatami Galaxy
FLCL
Katanagatari
Kyousougiga
Fullmetal Alchemist
Dennou Coil

off the top of my head

jackal27

Banned
Cowboy Bebop
Gurren Lagann
Monster
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

If we're talking 10/10, no reservations, those are the ones for me. I would have included FLCL, but it just got two more seasons. There are a lot that are very close for me though.

Some people saying Trigun REALLY makes me wish we'd get the FMA: Brotherhood treatment with a manga-accurate adaption... The manga is so much better. Same for Rurouni Kenshin. That series has a perfect ending in the manga.

AniHawk

FMA Brotherhood? It's big, grandiose shonen that doesn't drag on forever and actually gives the impression of being petty well planned from the start.
wait fma brotherhood doesnt drag on forever? it's 64 episodes long and squanders any chance of tension or suspense before it's halfway done.

Nicolada

Gurren Lagann
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Cowboy Bebop
Brigadoon
Galaxy Express 999 (the movie version)

Hexa

Mirai Nikki
Macross F
Zetsuen no Tempest
Darker than Black
Digimon Adventure
Grisaia
The World God Only Knows
Oreimo
Angel Beats
Clannad
Go Sick
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Gurren Lagann

Code Geass and Chunibyou would be here too, but they're suddenly getting more despite having solid endings. Also, holding out hope for more Hyouka.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Death Parade.

Every single episode is phenomenal except for maybe the one with the girl and the pop star. Also has the GOAT cameo appearance in anime ever.

For people who've never seen it, do not be fooled by the cheerful OP. This show will destroy you.
I never finished this show, guess I should get back to it.

"Second season" generally refers to everything after
L's death

The funny thing about this is that season 1 is twice as long as season 2, even though both "seasons" cover the same amount of manga material.

I think the second half of Death Note is great, but it gets absolutely butchered in the anime because of the way they adapted it. They speed through so many things and cut so much it's not a surprise that people don't like it. The anime also completely butchers the ending, but that's another story.

Top Bottom