• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy: Xenoblade WiiU. X? or it's Reyn time on HD?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing it's a placeholder listing for the new game, but I'm usually wrong.

And even if it does end up being Xenoblade in HD, it's probably not going to see any actual improvements other than being rendered in higher resolution. But I guess that's good enough, just so people can buy the game at a somewhat reasonable price.

If they remade Xenoblade for the WiiU, I would honestly think about buying a WiiU.

No fucking joke.

X to me did not look great. The world looks too "real", and lacks colour like Xenoblade.

Check out the Xenoblade reveal trailer.

Unlike the X trailer, that features more than one location. Still does absolutely no justice to the invention and colour of the final game.

I'm sure if a Xenoblade trailer was cut using only footage of daytime Satorl Marsh, it might inspire the same reaction.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd probably buy a Wii U version, just so i can play in HD and maybe at the same time they could improve the speed at which the menus are loading, because i hated that. Worst part of the game.

ido

No, it definitely looks hideous.

i5AjEqmyYRHl5.png

I wasn't cherry picking with the location, that was where it was when i loaded. Look at the pixels!

The art design is great, but it desperately needs better tech, because their vision has been done no justice whatsoever on the Wii.

It only looks that terrible if you are 4 inches away from the screen, which looks to be how far away you were when taking that picture.

Revven

If this did get an HD release, I'd probably buy it; I didn't bother to play it on the Wii because I had other games I wanted to play at the time.

considering "X" was announced two months ago at the last Wii U Nintendo Direct, I'm having a hard time believing two separate retailers like Walmart and Best-Buy both confused "X" for Xenoblades and listed for pre-order now. If I'm to decide if this is a placeholder for "X" or an actual listing for Xenoblades HD on Wii U. Im going to go with its an HD remake or reprint of Xenoblades. Xenoblades had a very limited release in North America, not to mention the current prices of new and used copies. If Nintendo wants to get the word out about the Xeno franchise and get more people on board for the eventual release of "X", then what better way then releasing an HD Xenoblades.

YES

YESSSSS

My copy of Xenoblade was in my Wii when it got stolen, and replacement copies are either $100+ or in GameStops over a hundred miles away. DO IT NINTENDO

As much as I want "X" to come stateside, I'm holding all my excite in until Nintendo announces a locked date for the game. You're not going to make me suffer for 3 years, Nintendo. Not this time.

Jofamo

I literally, this very day, just found a second hand copy of Xenoblade Chronicles in a local CEX, after weeks of looking out for one. £38 and I snatched it up. I come home to this. Don't do this to me Nintendo, c'mon.

Instro

Well it is possible that Best Buy incorrectly listed X, and then Walmart automatically price matched them on the product. Otherwise I'd have to assume that it is indeed a XenoBlade HD port.

I literally, this very day, just found a second hand copy of Xenoblade Chronicles in a local CEX, after weeks of looking out for one. £38 and I snatched it up. I come home to this. Don't do this to me Nintendo, c'mon.

I don't get this mindset, your copy isn't going to disappear, and if the Wii U version happens, you'll have another option to look forward to, you could play it a 2nd time to see how much better it'll look.

Or just sell your copy on eBay, Kijiji, or some equivalent to get most of your money back (good luck with that at GameStop, etc).

But this is in every way something that should happen and would be wonderful if it did, as it gives us an even better experience of what is considered by a lot of people to be one of, if not THE best JRPG this gen.

As another said, this is a fantastic way to set up hype for X, especially as Xenoblade CLEARLY had a limited run, so how could they expect a lot to buy the fucking thing, now they can sell a much better version, on the console which will house the game's successor (sequel or new IP).

This is a great move, it's a similar line of thinking with Zelda; Wind Waker to tide us over until the big Wii U game.

And it is mighty telling that Wally World, who isn't related to Best Buy (Futureshop is in Canada) also lists the game. Yoshi's Land gave away Yarn Yoshi before the direct (though was leaked in Miiverse first).

Also, I REALLY want The Last Story to follow suit, and this time to be brought over by Nintendo in NA, just for the matching feeling. :p

Would also let MAQL and Mistwalker use it as a way to experiment a Wii U RPG to really let it rip with a ground-up new game on Wii U, training wheels if you will.

I'm not saying this is a real thing, but Xenoblade HD makes a lot of sense as a spring/summer release.
1. It's a game few people have played, even among extremely dedicated players.
2. It's a game that's gotten fantastic critical praise and word of mouth.
3. It's an exceptionally long game, so it would really help bolster the lineup.
4. It's a very hardcore game, and early adopters skew in that direction.
5. The sequel is coming out on the Wii U, so releasing it now helps create a fanbase for X.

Welp, if this is Xenoblade HD then sign me up. I spent over 121 hours on my first playthrough. I was so overpowered by the time I got to the last boss I was able to wreck him pretty effortlessly.

From what I understand, New Game+ is a bore. So if there's any incentive to replay it anytime soon, it'll definitely be an HD version.

If it actually is an HD remake, I wouldn't expect Nintendo to go the cheap and dirty route, but to do a complete overhaul like Wind Waker. I hope so, anyway. I hate half assed HD versions of games.

If it actually is an HD remake, I wouldn't expect Nintendo to go the cheap and dirty route, but to do a complete overhaul like Wind Waker. I hope so, anyway. I hate half assed HD versions of games.

If Wind Waker is any indication, I don't think it's a good idea, granted the shots we saw might've been VERY early (enough to not show us simple gameplay) and might change considerably when we see it in motion likely at E3.

Granted Monolith is not Nintendo EAD so if they do an overhaul, it might do a great job, just don't make it so colorless like X is at the moment.

I'm not saying this is a real thing, but Xenoblade HD makes a lot of sense as a spring/summer release.
1. It's a game few people have played, even among extremely dedicated players.
2. It's a game that's gotten fantastic critical praise and word of mouth.
3. It's an exceptionally long game, so it would really help bolster the lineup.
4. It's a very hardcore game, and early adopters skew in that direction.
5. The sequel is coming out on the Wii U, so releasing it now helps create a fanbase for X.

I also thought I read it was the, if not one of, most pirated games of 2011.

If Wind Waker is any indication, I don't think it's a good idea, granted the shots we saw might've been VERY early (enough to not show us simple gameplay) and might change considerably when we see it in motion likely at E3.

Granted Monolith is not Nintendo EAD so if they do an overhaul, it might do a great job, just don't make it so colorless like X is at the moment.

Aonuma basically said they were shots from an art test they did in an attempt to bring older LoZ art styles to HD, as a continuation of the work with TP for the Zelda HD demo at e3 2011. I don't think they're from the actual game.

Jofamo

I don't get this mindset, your copy isn't going to disappear, and if the Wii U version happens, you'll have another option to look forward to, you could play it a 2nd time to see how much better it'll look...

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm really all for something like this happening. I completely agree.

Timing can't be helped. It was an impulse buy I wouldn't have otherwise gone for if I hadn't seen a copy in the shop. Just rotten timing, on my end.

If you were to tell me I could play it in true HD soon, I'd have probably held off. No matter, I'm still jumping into it tonight.

I also thought I read it was the, if not one of, most pirated games of 2011.

I'll bring up the old argument; not every person who pirated it didn't buy the game.

A lot likely, but I would like to assume a large chunk also owned the game, I think it was like nearly 1 million, so maybe 200k perhaps owned it? A minority, but I'm optimistic.

I'll bring up the old argument; not every person who pirated it didn't buy the game.

A lot likely, but I would like to assume a large chunk also owned the game, I think it was like nearly 1 million, so maybe 200k perhaps owned it? A minority, but I'm optimistic.

I didn't mean it as a critique, just that there was clear interest in trying out the title.

True, I don't really like the changes they made to the art design. All that bloom! But if it turns out looking like The Witness, that wouldn't be so bad. I'm also still holding out hope they'll add a dungeon or two to replace the triforce fetch quest.

For Xenoblade I would absolutely expect them to add high resolution textures to everything. The Wii U has the ram, so they better use it.

Polari

From Durante in the Dolphin thread:

dolphin-2011-08-21-23-p8kq.jpg

dolphin-2011-08-21-23-okfh.jpg

I never played the original because I was pretty much done with the Wii by the time it came out. This would tempt me towards a Wii U after a price drop or two.

skypunch

Banned
I hope it's an HD remake. Like someone else said, it would be a great way to build up hype for X, and to further increase the Xenoblade fanbase. Also, semi-related: I just finished the first Baten Kaitos tonight and wow. What a ride. Amazing, amazing game.

I'd totally rebuy if they scrubbed the graphics up. The character models during in game cutscenes in particular could use a good bit of TLC.

Game itself is great, just needs some de-ugly time.

I do want Xenoblade HD on Wii U
get those textures up and I am in for another 100 hours

if this is X I really doubt a December 2013 US launch

DaBoss

I imported a copy of Xenoblade from EU, so if they make an HD re-release, I would definitely consider picking it up for the Wii U when I get one.

Jawmuncher

I imported a copy of Xenoblade from EU, so if they make an HD re-release, I would definitely consider picking it up for the Wii U when I get one.

While I have a wiiU I imprted a EU copy as well.....that I have yet to play.
If an HD version is announced I'd grab it though.

Roto13

I would buy Xenoblade HD, and I would buy Xenoblade 2. I would also buy whatever the fuck X turns out to be if it's not Xenoblade 2 because it looked awesome.

Exentryk

From Durante in the Dolphin thread:

dolphin-2011-08-21-23-p8kq.jpg

dolphin-2011-08-21-23-okfh.jpg

I never played the original because I was pretty much done with the Wii by the time it came out. This would tempt me towards a Wii U after a price drop or two.

Still can't believe how that game runs on a Wii. Amazing!

And then there's Squenix >_>

P.S - Even though HD Xenoblade would be awesome, it won't be enough to justify buying a Wii U. "X" on the otherhand... ;]

M-PG71C

I imported Xenoblade and then after beating it, I bought the U.S. copy to have and gave away my European copy. I will fucking buy it a third time in HD with no regrets.

And I'll play it a third time. Make it happen!

Jawmuncher

I imported Xenoblade and then after beating it, I bought the U.S. copy to have and gave away my European copy. I will fucking buy it a third time in HD with no regrets.

And I'll play it a third time. Make it happen!

I just want an HD copy so I don't have to deal with this import one anymore.

Top Bottom