• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best gaming moment of 2023

geary

As 2023 is almost over, I’m curious what your best/most/top 3 memorable gaming moments from the past year are!

For me, these are:
1. Lizzy Dizzy Concert in Phantom Liberty;
2. Raphael Final Act song/battle in Baldur's Gate 3;
3. First time entering Hogwarts.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
FF16 prologue
AC6 balteus fight
Hogwarts Castle I agree
Obviously Forspoken "muh magic and shit" since this means I got to have that game all for myself.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
4. Replaying Pikmin 1 in Pikmin 4.
3. Metroid Prime Remastered
2. Diving from the top cube maze thingy in the sky all the way to the Depths in TotK
1. The final battle ending of TotK

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
1. Sending Songbird to the moon
2. Baldur's Gate III epilogue
3. Johnny Silverhand's farewell in that chopper

ungalo

I'd say one of the ending of Phantom Liberty for me. Lizzy Wizzy concert was also great.

I'm sure someone will say the music sequence in AW2 but i don't think it was that great. It's something i'm used to having played all the Remedy games, and i think the one in Control was more enjoyable.

Atomic Heart's intro was pretty sick.

I don't really have in mind a pure moment of gameplay. Perhaps this, pretty dope :

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1. Asseto Corsa No Hesi in VR with wheel.
2. Beamng.drive in VR
3. BroForce, Stick Fight, Boomerang Fu, Takelings, Acron attack of the Squirrels, Quake 2 local multiplayer with my kids
4. Actually finishing an SP game - Miles Morales, although I almost quit when they did that stupid flashback to your science project.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A very easy pick for me.

alan-wake-dance.gif

alan-wake-alan-wake-2.gif

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

1: Playstation Portal
- since release, I'm back to gaming on a daily basis again, with 90% of my playtime being on Portal

2: Paragon Overpime EU PS5 Beta
- it's Paragon, on PS5

3: PSVR2
- it's VR, on PS5

1) Exploring Rosa Isabelle Street in Lies of P while "Fascination" plays over the intercoms.
R0DJz29.jpg

2) A close second would be replaying Resident Evil 3 Remake with modded (Brad Hair) Carlos and modded classic Nemesis on Hardcore.
45EFA16C7EF62EDC0DADECCAA7B3ABC9C64D4890

3) Also, if reveals count I would say that this one got me the most excited:

Last edited:

Damigos

Diablo 4 campaign ONLY
FF16 Intro and Titan fight
3 WoW expansions announced and THAT Metzen speak at Blizzcon
GoW Ragnarok Valhalla being free

Dont know if it counts :
Getting new gaming PC (i5 13600, 4070) and having Game Pass for the first time. I ve finished Forza Horizon 4 and 5 and i am half way into Forza Motorsport. Halo Collection is next

I also want to mention that i ve never remembered a year with so many leaks. And especially leaks regarding not only games but personal info too. It is an awful situation for everyone and i really cant understand what the leakers / hackers gain from this

cormack12

Gold Member
Probably when I activated spartan rage and farted at the same time. Never see the likes of those days again, such good timing.

Dazraell

• Herald of Darkness musical on Alan Wake II
  • Firestarter mission on Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Titan boss fight on Final Fantasy XVI

Honorable mentions:
  • Opening hours on Hogwarts Legacy
  • Lizzy Wizzy concert on Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Entering the Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime Remastered for the first time in over 20 years. I can't adequately express how much I love Metroid Prime/Remastered. Loved it 20 years ago, love it now. My GOTY for 2023. It was nostalgia overload entering the drifts for the first time again. That music, the scenery. Playing it while it was snowing outside IRL. Just serenity.

Last edited:

Roberts

Everything that happens in the last three levels of Hi-Fi Rush. Every new story beat elevates it from a great game to a legendary one.

But my personal favourite is a realisation (after playing the game for almost two years) that I can build my base around the tree in Grounded. Just made the traversal so much more convenient and no more worries about critters trying to destroy it.

Too many this year, so hard to narrow it down but:

The "good" ending in Phantom Liberty
The final dive in Tears of the Kingdom
Bahamut fight and Prologue in FFXVI
We Sing
Raphael's Final Act
Building my own ship in Starfield, just a pure joy.
LAD Gaiden, the ending. Just... wow.

Last edited:
i'm also going with that first time roaming around hogwarts castle. how could such a great gaming experience've taken so long? & what were the odds it'd be realized in a game created by a developer most people'd never even heard of?...

Doom85

Raphael boss fight from Baldur’s Gate 3 was already taken, so I have to go with the final boss of the first planet, Jarilo-VI, in Honkai Star Rail. Satisfying conclusion to the characters‘ stories from the planet, some cool cutscenes, an unexpected whole new ability type and skill tree unlock for the MC, and holy shit, the music goes so hard.

The entire finale of TotK - from the moment you go down the final drop beneath the castle and find the torch Zelda dropped during the prologue, the final fight against Ganondorf (all three phases), to the ending sequence. GOTG right there.

The first time you go to the Underdark in BG3, probably completely unprepared for what's to come.

Playing Darktide again for the first time after 6 months, with all the improvements, the new skill trees etc. Holy Throne, it's like an entirely different game from what it was at launch.

Top Bottom