• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best HDR implementation in games so far

chaosaeon

It's a shame Last of Us Remastered has terribly messed up gamma in certain levels that looks horrible and washed out in both SDR and HDR. Load up the level "Downtown" (a night level) and see how messed up that looks.

Most games I have seen are good, OP should ask what the worst hdr implementation so far I think that is easier to answer. My pick would be forza horizon 3. Something looks very off with the skybox and color is very muted, maybe worse than sdr even. Might have something to do with no wide color gamut suppprt for games but shouldn't be worse though.

The worst is the zoo tycoon re-release. It is not possible to play without dynamic contrast on high, and even then it looks like shit.

Klik

Can some TV's have good or bad HDR? I mean, is HDR just HDR?Same quality on most tv's that support it? (Something like 4k resolution,its not like some 4k tv have quality of 1080p pixels).

Gitaroo

Can some TV's have good or bad HDR? I mean, is HDR just HDR?Same quality on most tv's that support it? (Something like 4k resolution,its not like some 4k tv have quality of 1080p pixels).

There are tv that says hdr compatible, which doesn't do much except taking in hdr signal and convert it to display normally like a sdr source.

Top Bottom