• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Samus/Metroid fanart ever--what a Metroid movie might look like

Novid

Banned
Ah, yes- if theres one SHIPPING I cant stand on these internets, its ChefXSamus. UGH! UGH!!!!! Just because they both have powersuits and both fight aliens...

As for the pictures, there well done. During the time Fusion came out over at the gamefaqs boards the posted the short manga's from super metroid, I thought they were cute. I think that chibi Samus was from one of those mangas...

I havent touched the Metriod FPS. Fusion was the last Metroid i played- and Metroid as a whole is one of the only Ninty franchises I can respect.

Shamus Aran is someone who is very athletic, hence probably not someone with big boobs.

maria-sharapova.jpg

Maria Sharapova for the win. I see someone already did a crappy photoshop.

ant1532

Banned
Mejilan said:
Not really, it's the Metroid Prime with the essence of Samus' old Phazon Suit, not Samus herself.
Ah yeah, forgot about that it happens and she looses the suit
Mejilan said:
And it's pretty clear what's under the suit-like outer shell... if you've beaten MP2E.
Nope I havent beaten it yet, It's one of the last gen games I have to get too

Zen

Banned
Rindain said:
samus5.jpg

Also, according to the artist's website the image is unfinished:

"Another videogame-inspired image. This is Samus Aran from the Metroid series. Unfortunately, I never completed this image. She was supposed to be putting on a boot but, as you can see, both the hand and the foot remain unfinished. Someday I'll get around to finishing the image, but the perspective is wonky and her hair needs to be completely redone, so I just haven't gotten around to it yet."

This exactly the sort of thing I always figured Samus would bear under the suit. It really solidified it when I saw some of the artwork in Metroid Prime, but her suit seems far too advanced and responsive to her to just be a mechanical suit, I've always expected that she'd have some form of technological implants in her body that would allow her to interface with it better, be it along the spine or what have you.

Shame Nintendo official artwork proves me wrong. ;(

Rindain

Banned
Zen said:
This exactly the sort of thing I always figured Samus would bear under the suit. It really solidified it when I saw some of the artwork in Metroid Prime, but her suit seems far too advanced and responsive to her to just be a mechanical suit, I've always expected that she'd have some form of technological implants in her body that would allow her to interface with it better, be it along the spine or what have you.

Shame Nintendo official artwork proves me wrong. ;(

I agree that the suit would need some kind of biological/neural interface. I also hope the Samus we see in MP3 is better than the Paris Hilton look-a-like we got at the end of Echoes.

And now for something compeltely different:
Creation_by_dwighthouse.jpg

Jessica Alba, maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar. Or someone like Trinity, character. Slightly contradictory, but someone who isn't that hot, for once, just ok or good.

so1337

so1337 said:
I kinda want to do a fanart myself when scrolling through these pictures. There's some incredible stuff in this thread.
Never thought I'd actually do one, but anyway... :lol

zerosuit.jpg

Rindain

Banned
so1337 said:
Never thought I'd actually do one, but anyway... :lol

zerosuit.jpg

Wow, that's really good! Are you an artist for a living or is it just a hobby? Wish I could draw...maybe I'll try some fanart myself soon.

so1337

Rindain said:
Wow, that's really good! Are you an artist for a living or is it just a hobby? Wish I could draw...maybe I'll try some fanart myself soon.
It's just a hobby at the moment but I'd love to do it for a living. Well, who knows, right? :)

Rindain

Banned
Another one by transfuse

Zero_Suit_Samus_Sketch_by_transfuse.jpg

He's trying to figure out whether to bring this sketch up to the quality of the other paintings, or go with a different pose. He says he'll most likely do some more Zero-Suit sketches before deciding, which he'll post on his page.

Lobster

Banned
Rindain said:
Two interesting interpretations...look like they could be by the same artist:
[IMG*]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/Ziyx/samusnew/1167853425799.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/Ziyx/samusnew/1167853244154.jpg[/IMG]

That artist is a horny one I tellz ya.

mollipen

Rindain said:
Two interesting interpretations...look like they could be by the same artist:

I really like the first pic. I know, I know, it's TEH KUTEZ!! and thus bad, but I think it shows Samus in an interest light. I don't know the exact timeline of her backstory, but the images gives me the feel of a girl who went from being a kid directly to being the space hunter that she is now, without a real chance to grow up among other humans and learn how to be a typical adult. Her main knowledge of being a person when outside of her suit is that of being a young girl, and it's an interesting contrast.

vasuba

Banned
Kinda funny other day MSNBC had a top 5 games that should be movies. Aside from the MS part picking Halo for #1 Metroid infact came in as the #2 Game that should be a movie by them

AniHawk

Why do SO MANY PEOPLE insist on making Samus into a "cute" anime character?

Intelligent Systems is guilty of this too. Retro had the right idea by far with the first Metroid Prime. She's a badass.

Sule

A lot of awesome fan art in here. Has Retro released any official art for MP3 that's more than just Samus posing and worth using as a background? Can't remember seeing any concept art for levels etc.

ksamedi

AniHawk said:

Intelligent Systems is guilty of this too. Retro had the right idea by far with the first Metroid Prime. She's a badass.

Agreed.

Rindain

Banned
AniHawk said:

Whoever created the Fusion/Zero Mission design (was that Intelligent Systems?) got the ball rolling in terms of "cuteifying" Samus.

I like the athletic, hardened but beautiful look:
Metroid_Samus_HairDown.jpg

Samus in Echoes looked too much like Paris Hilton.

Top Bottom