• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda "still sorting stuff out" for the Starfield showcase

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm confident the game will have tons of content and mods to last ages.

It's the performance I'm worried about. I can live with a rock solid 30 fps, but if it's a sketchy 30 and there's no 60 fps performance mode (which I'd take over quality 30 fps), this game might play clunky as hell.

Sort of like playing Skyrim on 360 at that magical 25 fps.

Kacho

I'm confident the game will have tons of content and mods to last ages.

It's the performance I'm worried about. I can live with a rock solid 30 fps, but if it's a sketchy 30 and there's no 60 fps performance mode (which I'd take over quality 30 fps), this game might play clunky as hell.

Sort of like playing Skyrim on 360 at that magical 25 fps.
This is why I’d be praying for a mid gen refresh. Maybe they find a way to make a 60fps option happen but I’m not holding my breath.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is why I’d be praying for a mid gen refresh. Maybe they find a way to make a 60fps option happen but I’m not holding my breath.
So true.

Playing Bethesda RPGs on consoles at 60 fps is amazing. The first time is when I downloaded that 720/60 mod for Fallout 4. I was already burnt out from the game so I didn't bother continuing playing, but testing it out it was pretty slick.

Then when their games get boosted on Series X to be 60 fps with no mods needed, I got back into playing Skyrim from my last saved game from Xbox One and beat the game. Loved it. It was like playing a different game at double the frames.

They never mentioned that. Though it was playable from beginning to end back in 2021.
They said that about Cyberpunk about 2 years before it released as well

And Cyberpunk at launch?

Kvally

Banned
They said that about Cyberpunk about 2 years before it released as well

And Cyberpunk at launch?

True, but why use Cyberpunk as an example? What about games that were playable long before they released and the developers used all that time to iron out a lot of bugs?

Solidus_T

I think this game can still release this year. It will just be the typical Bethesda release we have been accustomed to for the past few years.

Katajx

Gold Member
Has there ever been a game more hyped with so little to go off than Starfield?
Right now I kinda feel that way toward Tears of the Kingdom.

The have shown small snippets instead of really showing what could be different other than the title.

Here is a trailer. Here is some random shit. The end.
They really can show the gameplay loop without going too much into spoiler territory I think.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Right now I kinda feel that way toward Tears of the Kingdom.

The have shown small snippets instead of really showing what could be different other than the title.

Here is a trailer. Here is some random shit. The end.
They really can show the gameplay loop without going too much into spoiler territory I think.

I think tears of the kingdom will be incredible....I feel they want to keep it under wraps.

It's like Starfield, I'm convinced I'll lose 100 plus hours in it easily. Seeing fallout 4 I didn't need to see trailers etc...I'm just sold.

I love Bethesda main games, not fallout 76 as that's not made by them but I'm convinced this will be tight up my street..
...its coming out this year lol

Top Bottom