• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda teases early development of The Elder Scrolls VI on 30th anniversary of the franchise

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bethesda confirms that development is officially underway for The Elder Scrolls VI and mention that the team is even playing early builds of the game. They specifically mention that even early on, they are still “filled with the same joy, excitement, and promise of adventure” when returning to Tamriel, the fictional world The Elder Scrolls takes place in.

GJhWuozWsAAnEzw

Last edited:

SoloCamo

TES are my favorite series so hopes are high but reality will likely smack me in the face.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

How can anyone get excited for a Bethesda game at this point?

Remove those rose tinted Skyrim goggles from your face, you doofus.

When was there a objectively bad TES game? Bethesda may have screwed up the other series multiple times (and they aren't THAT bad) but TES has proven to be their bread and butter.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It was just he said she said bullshit from some chick looking to capitalize on the me too movement. Jeremy didn't even challenge it publicly like Avellone did, he just disappeared.
Kickstarter backers have been waiting on his symphony for 10 years. The dude should never be hired again.

Laptop1991

Too far off in the future and too long since Skyrim, i might get more hyped in years to come but right now i'm not and what they have done since Fallout 4, 9 years ago has either been an awful cash grab like Fallout 76 or a mediocre procedural content game like Starfield, i'm not a present Bethesda fan anymore, i was, of the company over 10 years ago, but they changed that,

Not letting Obsidian make another Fallout or a TES singlepayer game for their core fan base when they didn't have to do any of the work was a middle finger to us for me.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

For all those posting they want more physics and next gen gameplay then get ready... Elder Scrolls VI will bring it!

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

I mean... I want to be excited. I'll temper anything until I see some gameplay and damn sure won't be sucked into the instabuy that I've pretty much done with all BGS games since Morrowind. They have a lot to prove since Starfield.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Still in early development on that dinosaur of an engine. Other games that do things far better will be out and TESVI will feel dated on release.

Witcher 4 is the hope for me.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I mean I'm already sold as I loved those
Was going to say the same thing. I really like fallout 4. Never thought I’d like base building, but I really do. 76 is fantastic too, tones of lore and the community is easily the most helpful over ever had online. I’m only a few hours into starfield so no comments there.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Get a lesser TES game because of a failed kickstarter? No thanks.

If they go with Inon Zur for TESVI it's going to be a massive disappointment.
Zur's work on Starfield is better than anything in previous Bethesda games. I'm all about hiring him again.

Last edited:

Romulus

I'd like to imagine it would be special like the earlier games but Bethesda has went downhill. There's no more magic left.

Top Bottom