• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's next game won't be shown for a while, allowed to work on what they want to

belmonkey

I wouldn't mind waiting a bit until we're safely into next-gen so that the visual quality of the games will be nicer. No more fugly Skyrim hair :3

I wouldn't mind waiting a bit until we're safely into next-gen so that the visual quality of the games will be nicer. No more fugly Skyrim hair :3

not on pc, the modders will just port the same damn sims (2?) hair set theyve been porting to oblivion/fallout/new vegas/skyrim. WIGS R US!

More Obsidian fallout pls.

f3q_nvq_zpsce9f093d.png

mAENC_zps36ab0e3c.jpg

Quoted for truth. Obsidian is head and shoulders above Bethesda. You can even make a case for New Vegas being on par with Morrowind.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This is good news. My only concern with the game being shown at E3 is that this early it could still be a Cross Gen release. Which would absolutely cripple a next gen Elder Scrolls or Fallout game.

The longer it takes, the more sure we can be it is Next Gen exclusive.

More Obsidian fallout pls.

f3q_nvq_zpsce9f093d.png

mAENC_zps36ab0e3c.jpg

no wonder it had bugs... lol

That quest diagram is amazing. I did that quest just a couple of weeks ago, and I had no idea how many branching paths I could have taken. For the record, my exact path isn't even on there. I killed Mortimer immediately after the informant was assassinated without getting him to talk outright about cannibalism.

JDSN

Banned
Good, I hope they used that time of development to give a boatload of cash taken from embezzle development teams to Avellone and Cain so they can make sure their next game isnt a complete piece of shit.

Todd Howard, at this point, has earned the right to do what the hell he wants; nobody gets to tell him different and nobody gets to dictate to him what he gets to do.

Meanwhile, Bethesda is dumping Prey 2 in Arkane's lap.

not on pc, the modders will just port the same damn sims (2?) hair set theyve been porting to oblivion/fallout/new vegas/skyrim. WIGS R US!

At the end of the day, the more complicated modding (model and animation assets) for CS games rely heavily on two major factors -

1: the base assets, which in bethesda's case are often of such middling quality that modders simply recycle their own work from what they did for previous games

2: the most prominent content creators. As big as the modding community is, you'd be surprised how small the circle of modders that do the major model/animation work is. Since they tend to work on what was popular in the past, you get a lot of recycling/updating of the same "prettified" or "anime" content.

Drake

Usually Bethesda games take around 4 years to make. They were still making Skyrim DLC until Feb of this year. Obviously the entire team isn't working on DLC, but now it sounds like everyone is working on the new project. I was hoping to see something at the Spike awards this year, but it sounds like that's not going to happen. Maybe by E3 next year we hear something. If not then we'll have to wait until fall 2014 for an announcement. Either way we probably don't get a new game from Todd Howard's team until Fall of 2015. Damn....

Lakitu

st5fu
I really can't wait... loved their output last gen with Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Hope the next one is good.

Top Bottom