• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betsy DeVos was blocked by protesters from entering D.C. school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/830078974889959429
Betsy DeVos‘ first week as the Secretary of Education is off to a rough start.

Just moments ago, DeVos was caught on camera by ABC trying to enter a local public school in our nation’s capital before being being blocked at the entrance by angry protestors.

“GO BACK!” one of the men can be clearly heard saying. “SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!” the small vociferous crowd continued.

Another angry patron outside the school says, “She does not represent anything that they stand for!”

“Keep giving money to Senate and buying your way into the position,” another angrily adds. “You should be so proud of yourself!” the small crowd mocked in defiance of DeVos. It is unclear at this time if Secretary DeVos was able to enter the school building through another door, or if the plans for the day were scraped altogether
http://www.mediaite.com/online/go-b...rs-block-betsy-devos-from-entering-dc-school/

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
giphy.gif

Amalthea

Banned
I saw the video. There was like 3 people preventing her. She turned around and left?
It's peopably not like she really cares for the job and if you spent your whole life in an Ivory Tower the sight of 3 plebes disagreeing with you might be the most frightening thing ever.

Pilgrimzero

Seen "Shame" chant even used in congress against Repubs, why did think that will work?

Fairly sure they don't feel shame for the stuff they do.

Malyse

Kind of rude for the protestors to sour Devos' first time in a public school

Almost as rude as accepting a job when you know you're not qualified.
I saw the video. There was like 3 people preventing her. She turned around and left?

It's more than three. It's not a ton but come on. Considering the relative nobody that she's supposed to be and her position, I think it's quite a few people.

I feel like this is going to backfire in a huge way. Look at her face in that clip; she is trying not to break down, but she's clearly shaken. And that means she's furious. And that means she has even more resolve to use her considerable power to fuck over public schools. If she gets a chance to go inside, she meets with students, she sees the faces of the kids that her policies are actually affecting, that puts a human face on everything. This just steels her will that public schools are worth sacrificing.

Pathetic. She's gonna act like a victim rather than prove herself. There was like 5 people there and she can't handle that confrontation? She's weak. Should resign immediately.

Gutek

I feel like this is going to backfire in a huge way. Look at her face in that clip; she is trying not to break down, but she's clearly shaken. And that means she's furious. And that means she has even more resolve to use her considerable power to fuck over public schools. If she gets a chance to go inside, she meets with students, she sees the faces of the kids that her policies are actually affecting, that puts a human face on everything. This just steels her will that public schools are worth sacrificing.

What a load of horseshit.

Glix

Seen "Shame" chant even used in congress against Repubs, why did think that will work?

Fairly sure they don't feel shame for the stuff they do.

Wasn't McCarthy eventually undone by "have you no decency??"

I mean, he didn't feel shame, but the people who let him run wild did.

Boke1879

Oh don't get it twisted I'm happy as hell about this. Hopefully this goes viral so people can see how easily flustered she gets.

If she gets a chance to go inside, she meets with students, she sees the faces of the kids that her policies are actually affecting, that puts a human face on everything. This just steels her will that public schools are worth sacrificing.

Yeah right. Her reaction is far more likely to be "This school is terrible, we have to get these poor kids into private schools!" at best.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

The alternative would be to not protest and have her be happy while sacrificing public schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom