• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betsy DeVos was blocked by protesters from entering D.C. school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost as rude as accepting a job when you know you're not qualified.

It's more than three. It's not a ton but come on. Considering the relative nobody that she's supposed to be and her position, I think it's quite a few people.

I love that bear sign lol.

What a load of horseshit.

Everyone in the Trump administration so far has shown that they are motivated by two things; personal greed and emotions. If you want to get them on your side, you have to manipulate them in those areas. "Come meet our students" is a much better emotional manipulation than telling her to fuck right off (even though we all feel that way). Now she's probably too far gone for it to matter regardless, but it's worth a shot. Making these people feel hated is going to end with them not caring who they hurt. Actually, no, that's not quite right; she already doesn't care who she hurts. Maybe if she had a chance to interact with them, she'd start to.

Gutek

Everyone in the Trump administration so far has shown that they are motivated by two things; personal greed and emotions. If you want to get them on your side, you have to manipulate them in those areas. "Come meet our students" is a much better emotional manipulation than telling her to fuck right off (even though we all feel that way). Now she's probably too far gone for it to matter regardless, but it's worth a shot. Making these people feel hated is going to end with them not caring who they hurt. Actually, no, that's not quite right; she already doesn't care who she hurts. Maybe if she had a chance to interact with them, she'd start to.

Again. Her family is Amway and Blackwater. They are despicable human trash. She has no capacity for empathy.

Yeesh, those comments. What is with this meme of liberals only protest because they don't have jobs? I've seen that a lot lately... Do people actually believe that?

giphy.gif

Love it!!!!!

Surfinn

I don't feel bad one bit. Everything they said is true. All of it.

Hopefully there's a protest any time she sets for in a public school.

Yeesh, those comments. What is with this meme of liberals only protest because they don't have jobs? I've seen that a lot lately... Do people actually believe that?

It's stupid considering that before the election it was Trump voters complaining that they don't have jobs while all the liberal elites sucked all the jobs to the cities.

It's another one of those paradoxes like the migrant worker stealing your job but also taking all the welfare.

"Shouldn't these protesters be at work?"

Maybe they are at work. Maybe they don't work right this moment.

Also, you're fucking tweeting, so get back to work.

The Kree

Banned

They can't imagine working people spending their free time fighting for civil rights because they don't appreciate what it's like to have to.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I blew the mind of some hardcore conservatives when I told them that not only do I work a full time 40 hour shift every week and can still make time to protest. Even more shocking to them when I said I'd use some of my time off to help out protests. I just think conservatives are taught for so long and hard that protesting is the devil that they can't wrap their head about it that anyone worth a damn would spend their time to actually do it because its UnAmerican or some nonsense like that. Seeing millions of people doing it must be devastating to their entire mindset and how they see the world.

MarionCB

You are making a mistake thinking you can appeal to the humanity of these people. This is the tragic error the Dems have made in thinking you can work with them, as though they are reasonable. Do not expect mercy.

This woman has spent her career trying to destroy public schools. Her family has spent hundreds of millions in the same pursuit; they have corrupted and cajoled to get their way. It is why she bought her way to her current position. The only way forward is to resist and oppose these people at every possible step. They can not be normalised. Make them feel hated and make them feel scared; maybe they'll back off. Most bullies are cowards, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom