• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betsy DeVos was blocked by protesters from entering D.C. school

Status
Not open for further replies.
How miserable does this lady have to be? She can easily buy an island and retire on it for the rest of her life, but NO. She has to go out of her way and ruin the education system for so many underprivileged children.

C4UHQANXUAARGf-.jpg

The woman and man on the far left...this is the story of how they met. 1 year later, I bet they will get married.

Omadahl

Banned
I hope we can get her schedule and just do this wherever she goes. If she came to my school, you bet your ass I'd stop her from entering. I'm in a union, come at me.

KoopaTheCasual

She's 59 years old, she has had ample time to see faces of children, there will be no magical moment where she suddenly grows a heart like The Grinch. It didn't happen with Trump like people somehow deusionally believed, and it's not going to happen with this woman. Stop treating predatory billionaires like they're developmentally retarded and start treating them like the enemies of the public like they are.

The only way she can win the trust of the public is if she goes against everything she has stood for for the last few decades. It is not the public's job to put on an act for her in some lame attempt to trick her into thinking we're her friends.
This line. So.fucking.much.

I'm tired of the "give them a chance" nonsense. These people are (legally) senior citizens who have built their entire life being the detached sycophants they are to climb to the top.

There's no Disney Channel moment that's about to happen.

Glix

C4QBeRGXUBQ6OFz.jpg

Do we think this is the first time she has ever had physical contact with black people?

Also, protest the shit out of this woman, but don't physically block her from going in. Doesn't accomplish anything and gives the other side ammo.

Surfinn

I don't agree or like DeVos, but blocking her from entering a school produces nothing good.
It continuous to send the message that people aren't just gunna roll over and shrug their shoulders and let a joke of a person have a say in what happens in our schools.

I commend them. They're standing for something good, even if nothing happens as a direct result. However it's also on the front page of CNN.

I wonder what all the Trump voters who bought into his "anti establishment/wallstreet" bullshit have to say about DeVos.

"She's not the establishment, she has no political experience whatsoever!" And then they'd deflect and say some nonsense about Obama that was demonstrably factually untrue. Trump supporters aren't the best at facts.

This lady has made my life a living nightmare calling me out like that. Just one more thing this administration has done to discriminate against those who are different.

This whole thread is golden, but the actual appearance of A Grizzly Bear killed me, I am dead, posting from the beyond, etc. Please can we get the bear some kind of DeVos-related tag?

Also: she was not blocked. She could have gone in. She just didn't. If she gives up that easily on this, how is the actual job gonna be for her?

Zoe

Also: she was not blocked. She could have gone in. She just didn't. If she gives up that easily on this, how is the actual job gonna be for her?

She used a different door. Probably just didn't want to interact with any commoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom