• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

fade_

Not sure if it was intentional, but Chuck knows that Ernesto is close with Jimmy, and he thinks (knows?) that Ernesto lied to save Jimmy in the copy shop near the end of last season. So maybe Ernesto goes to Jimmy, sabotaging his career, and Chuck can point at that as another life ruined by Slippin' Jimmy

I'm thinking he's trying to catch Jimmy in a worse act than the recording. It's not the crime but the coverup type deal. Can anyone explain to me what the hell the -- ; stuff was all about? I did not get that at all. I know she was stressing about Jimmy fudging the address to get her the firm but thats about it.

I'm petty as fuck I know, but it annoys me how dead a thread about this show is compared to TWD.

On topic: this episode was fantastic. I predicted Gus would appear 1st episode. I lose.

Slacker

I'm thinking he's trying to catch Jimmy in a worse act than the recording. It's not the crime but the coverup type deal. Can anyone explain to me what the hell the -- ; stuff was all about? I did not get that at all. I know she was stressing about Jimmy fudging the address to get her the firm but thats about it.

She feels like she has to be perfect to keep the client, and the pressure is getting to her.

Mike is a beast. Was kinda hoping one of Gus' goons from Breaking Bad would make an appearance as the person that went to go pick up the tracker.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Making Mike so smart just makes the way Walt ended him seems so cheap. lol

Worst part of Breaking Bad.

My dad and I thought he just said the date or something completely unimportant. Regardless, why did Chuck look so smug afterward? It must be an intentional part of his plan?

Sepinwall thinks that Chuck is trying to catch Jimmy in the act of breaking into his house to get the tape back after Ernesto tells him about it.

Chumley

Banned
I know that tomorrow it will be up on Comcast, but the irrational part of me wants it now.

Early on, they said BCS would span up until the present.

I hope they follow through with that cold open cliffhanger this season instead of waiting till the next one like usual.

Great episode!

Crazy how Kim might lose her shit over client work..wonder is it gets to her sooner or later.

Fucken Mike...once he got the tracker i knew he was gonna do the swap.

cant wait till next week.

I loved the Jimmy, Chuck, Kim scenes. More of this! Progress it. Chuck is such an unpleasant person.

Mike's scenes however were like a black hole sucking the life out of everything. Why did we need to see all that? Less Mike going forward.

Chumley

Banned
GPS tracker. That's why he always left the gas cap behind when he drove somewhere.

At the end, he put HIS tracker into his gas cap, and killed the battery of the one planted so it would be replaced. When the guy came to pick up what he thought was the dead tracker, he picked up Mike's, so Mike knows where he's at now.

Mike is a genius.

Straight up god tier detective skills.

amazing episode. Awesome cinematography as always.

Mike is so badass, and a fucking a genius.

Oh and Chuck definitely wanted Ernesto to hear that. He wants him to tell Jimmy so Jimmy will get caught in the act. Considering we see Hamlin stopped the tape player there is no way this isn't a set up, especially with that smirk at the end.

Anton668

Why wouldn't they just replace the battery instead of replacing the whole device?

the time it would take to take the cap out, take it apart, take the tracker out, take the dead battery out, replace new battery, put tracker back in cap, reassemble tracker, put back in car

vs

switch caps

they didnt want to be there any longer than they had to be to reduce the chance of them being seen (lol)

I think it's pretty fitting, honestly. That's about the only way you CAN kill a guy like Mike, a stupid accident from an unpredictable and erratic man. You'll never out-plan him, you'll only get him with something spontaneous and unpredictable.

Yup. That's exactly why he hated Walt. He was erratic and irrational, and outright dangerous in his seeming spontaneity (despite Walt thinking he was actually the exact opposite, and fancying himself the meticulous schemer). It's the same reason Gus didn't like him (and didn't like Jesse for the longest time, until he finally figured out how Jesse worked) and the case was the same there.

My biggest hope for the series is that Chuck's still alive post-BB so that Jimmy and him can have some brotherly reconciliation.

My second biggest hope is that they actually give Nacho something to do this season.

My biggest hope for the series is that Chuck's still alive post-BB so that Jimmy and him can have some brotherly reconciliation.

My second biggest hope is that they actually give Nacho something to do this season.
I wonder if the show will end with Jimmy in prison, doing legal work for other prisoners and loving it.

I'm petty as fuck I know, but it annoys me how dead a thread about this show is compared to TWD.

On topic: this episode was fantastic. I predicted Gus would appear 1st episode. I lose.

Not at all.
This show is like fine wine for connoisseurs while TWD on the other hand is more like cheap moonshine for the less appreciative.

I bet at the end of that episode Mike is
On his way to Los Pollos Hermanos,
which the GPS tracker is leading him too.
Anyone else agree?

I bet at the end of that episode Mike is
On his way to Los Pollos Hermanos,
which the GPS tracker is leading him too.
Anyone else agree?
I immediately thought of that when he was waiting for someone to pick up the tracker but then I thought WHY?

Why would the guy be heading back to Los Pollos Hermanos?
I feel like Gus would have a more discreet hideout. Why wtf would he be doing business out of that place?

I immediately thought of that when he was waiting for someone to pick up the tracker but then I thought WHY?

Why would the guy be heading back to Los Pollos Hermanos?
I feel like Gus would have a more discreet hideout. Why wtf would he be doing business out of that place?

Considering all the call backs they've been bombarding with, he's probably heading to the Breaking Bad hideout were their meetings and the BB sniper scene was.

Anson225

Does Mike have two cars? And did the people plant the tracker in both cars?
Also what did he need the tracker guy for? He could've swapped anyway no?

Aiii

So not worth it
He had two cars, until he dismantled the second one.

Yes, there were two trackers. He needed to buy one because he needed one he could track himself using the receiver, it only works with the tracker it's configured for.

RangerX

Banned
Man I missed this show. Great opener for the season. I didn't catch what Kim was doing with the document though. Why was she changing it?

Considering all the call backs they've been bombarding with, he's probably heading to the Breaking Bad hideout were their meetings and the BB sniper scene was.

This would make a lot more sense, but I honestly believe it'll be a new place or else they wouldn't have built up the whole aspect of Mike tracking him.

Why waste almost an entire episode only to lead Mike back to a place he was just at?

Can someone refresh me on Gene? Is he supposed to be Jimmy after Breaking Bad, in hiding?

So glad this show is back!

Yep. He is in hiding and paranoid that his past (Saul) will catch up to him and land him in prison. Ed, the Disappearer, allowed him to change his identity/location/job the last season of Breaking Bad.

Yep. He is in hiding and paranoid that his past (Saul) will catch up to him and land him in prison. Ed, the Disappearer, allowed him to change his identity/location/job the last season of Breaking Bad.

And probably still worried about reprisals on top of that. In the first Cinnabon segment he starts getting paranoid after he thinks that skinhead-looking dude is staring him down.

Top Bottom