• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

Hmm wait maybe they can't present the copy of the recording it has to be the original?! And so Kim recorded Chuck admitting that the original was destroyed thus the merit of the copy can be questioned and won't help Chuck

What's the bingo thing about? Is the fact that Chuck has the original and Jimmy broke a duplicate tied into that extra $2 thing? I feel like something about that point, along with the pointed initialing of JMM is pointing toward Jimmy weaseling out of all of this somehow. I mean, aside from the fact that he must weasel out of it somehow.

Hmm wait maybe they can't present the copy of the recording it has to be the original?! And so Kim recorded Chuck admitting that the original was destroyed thus the merit of the copy can be questioned and won't help Chuck

no. she tricked him into admitting the original is the only remaining copy and is hidden in the location written in the address book mike found for jimmy. jimmy and her are going to retrieve it and destroy it. theres nothing more to it.

What's the bingo thing about? Is the fact that Chuck has the original and Jimmy broke a duplicate tied into that extra $2 thing? I feel like something about that point, along with the pointed initialing of JMM is pointing toward Jimmy weaseling out of all of this somehow. I mean, aside from the fact that he must weasel out of it somehow.

see above

Geg

More likely that Chuck's confession proves he knew that Jimmy would come to destroy his tape?

Chuck said the copy was destroyed, and that he still has the original.

no. she tricked him into admitting the original is the only remaining copy and is hidden in the location written in the address book mike found for jimmy. jimmy and her are going to retrieve it and destroy it. theres nothing more to it.

see above

Ahhh, okay that makes more sense!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Outstanding episode! What a ride from Gus finally asking Mike to work for him and the setup to take Chuck down finally in motion. Shit's about to get REAL REAL.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
All I gotta say as a random nobody henchman or associate if I was involved in any meeting like what happened in the intro of episode 4 I would not be walking up on Hector like that. Shit I would be trying to turn invisible and praying to whatever God will listen that he doesn't off me for seeing that.

Geg

I actually missed most of the scene where Mike and Jimmy met up after Mike went to Chuck's house, what's this about an address book?

Would be funny if jimmy somehow replaces chucks tape with a different one and then in court it's a tape of chuck saying some evil shit. Only if. Lol. Just want his comeuppance.

Outstanding episode! What a ride from Gus finally asking Mike to work for him and the setup to take Chuck down finally in motion. Shit's about to get REAL REAL.

ikr. its so exciting to have Gus as main character after all these year!

---

also one thing I've always thought but have never been sure of.
Were Gus and his former partner lovers? Its seems like something that the show always very subtly alludes to. the "Butt Brothers" thing was clearly a gay joke by Hector right. I remember something similar BB when Hector (or was it Eladio) made a joke about Gus "liking what he sees" when one of were pissing in the pool.

or am I reading too much into things.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ikr. its so exciting to have Gus as main character after all these year!

---

also one thing I've always thought but have never been sure of.
Were Gus and his former partner lovers? Its seems like something that the show always very subtly alludes to. the "Butt Brothers" thing was clearly a gay joke by Hector right. I remember something similar BB when Hector (or was it Eladio) made a joke about Gus "liking what he sees" when one of were pissing in the pool.

or am I reading too much into things.

Oh it's definitely implied if never outright stated. You're not supposed to know but if you pay attention it's kinda obvious that those around him think so.

Well that's convenient.

I also could not buy Hector's gang intimidating a bunch of random citizens and then holding the employees hostage. I would imagine an employee or even a citizen would spill the beans on the strange men coming to the joint and demanding Gus.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's impossible for Chuck to not be an asshole for one second.

Great episode, I'm wondering what the hell Jimmy and Kim got cooking but whatever it is, you know it's good since Kim is confident.

So Kim's helping with the shady stuff now? She jumped on that ship pretty quick.

Looks like they're going to convince the board that Chuck is crazy. The twist is that Chuck gets disbarred, not Jimmy.

Lautaro

Hearing the attorney talk about Chuck's "illness" and their reaction made me say "fucking enablers!" out loud.
I have a suspicion this kid (Lyle?) in Los Pollos Hermanos is not going to leave the incident alone.
Also I enjoy seeing Don Eladio and the cartel but as a latino I cringe a little when I hear the forced spanish of some hispanic americans, its too obvious they don't speak it often (or at all).

rekameohs

Banned
Hearing the attorney talk about Chuck's "illness" and their reaction made me say "fucking enablers!" out loud.
I have a suspicion this kid (Lyle?) in Los Pollos Hermanos is not going to leave the incident alone.
Also I enjoy seeing Don Eladio and the cartel but as a latino I cringe a little when I hear the forced spanish of some hispanic americans, its too obvious they don't speak it often (or at all).
Giancarlo Esposito's Spanish in Breaking Bad was so awful. It's fun though, not show-breaking or anything.

darklin0

Banned

It was pretty bad. lol

Veelk

Banned
I like that Chuck is the one giving the rope by which he is going to hang himself. That extra bit of smugness that gave Kim the edge is going to bite him in the ass and hard. He couldn't resist rubbing it in, and now he's gonna pay.

Chuck's lawyer is also a little interesting in how she went the extra mile to make Jimmy apologize. If not for her other scenes and a general lack of belief that Chuck would be so overt, I'd have assumed Chuck asked her to demand an apology from Jimmy. But since I doubt that is the case, she must be sincere. Which kind of makes her a 'pure' chuck, someone who sees legal and moral elements as intertwined and is genuinely offended by what Jimmy did without harboring any past resentment for him.

Top Bottom