• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm worried that once Jimmy finally transforms into Saul, this show is going to be much more unpleasant and depressing to watch.

SalvaPot

I'm worried that once Jimmy finally transforms into Saul, this show is going to much more unpleasant and depressing to watch.

I don't have this fear, since we already saw Jimmy have a taste of slipping a few times and it has been fun, Saul just oozes personality. I think we are going to see him embrace who he really is and have fun with it.

- Snippet from a Warming Glow / Sepinwall interview with Gould and McKean
Having done three years of it, do you have a better sense of how much life is left in the version of the story you want to tell?

Yes. The writers room has been closed for quite a while now. We all had lunch together just a couple of weeks ago, and that was one of the main questions we were asking ourselves: How much story is there? I think we’re getting a better idea. I will say I think this show has a definitely limit to it. It’s a story with a beginning and a middle and a definite end. I have to say, I would rather have it end too soon than go on too long. It’s the old showbiz adage: “Leave them wanting more.” I would rather have people wish there had been more seasons than them going, “Oh, is that still on?”

The incentive in show business, in every way, is to stay on. Financially, the longer a show is on, the more money everyone makes. But there’s another reason to do it, too: we love working together. I’ve had 10 years of working with a lot of the same people. It’s been the greatest creative experience of my life. I don’t expect anything, no matter what I do, is ever going to come close to this.

(McKean interjects: “Flash forward…”)

… Yeah, I’ll be saying the same thing about the next show I do! No, I don’t think so. Frankly, I thought it was greedy to want to do the spin-off. I thought, “Are we being greedy in trying to extend this experience?” And part of the reason we decided to do it was we had more to say about Saul Goodman, but there was another motivation: Let’s keep the band together, as long as we can. We have this great group of people; let’s see how many we can lure into keeping on. The day we close for the final time and say goodbye to the crew in Albuquerque, and the crew in Burbank, I’m going to need a lot of Kleenex, because I’m going to be very upset. But I still would rather end too soon.
Full interview will be out later this week.

BizzyBum

Holy shit was that intense.

I fucking cheered when he dropped the pills in successfully. I know what happens to Hector but it's still amazing and captivating.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Damn, for a character who has pretty limited screentime compared to most of the rest of the main cast, Michael Mando's done a good job of making me care about Nacho. This has been a great episode for him.

Top Bottom