• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEWARE - A creepy, atmospheric racing game

Ribi

Stupid question but has anyone uploaded anything worth a wallpaper of this game on wallpaper engine? would love to have a atmospheric scene on my desktop

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Vlaphor

For some reason, demos for this game have never been able to run on my main machine. It always freezes at the title screen. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can click start, but then it hard locks again.

Soul Challenger

Neo Member
Who has downloaded the demo?

The physics are just awesome but there´s not any tutorial about what to do.

This might help:

In demo v001, you can skip the grandma part if you wish, lure out both cars (first, loose the black car, then come back and the orange car will start chasing you) guarding the fenced transformer at the small dam and flip the power switch.

New in v001 is the ability to switch on power for the rest of the map at the big dam (the tunnel will take you to the powerstation).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sweviver played this with a simple VR mod some months ago, it looked crazy haha.

Maybe official support would be cool with the proper control methods added :)

Last edited:

Vlaphor

Every time I attempt to play the demo it hard locks my computer. Guess I'm just not meant to play it.

Same. I'm gonna try it on my gaming laptop in a bit and see if it works there, but this game has never worked for my on my main machine.

I7-4790k
16gb of DDR3
1080ti
Windows 10
Hooked to an AV receiver via HDMI.

Anything there similar to your setup?

Soul Challenger

Neo Member
Same. I'm gonna try it on my gaming laptop in a bit and see if it works there, but this game has never worked for my on my main machine.

I7-4790k
16gb of DDR3
1080ti
Windows 10

Strange... Dev machine is: i7-4970K, 16Gb RAM, used to be GTX770 now GTX 1060, Win 7. For some players, "windowed" mode solved their issues - have you tried it?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I feel like the car insides take up too much of the screen. How do you switch to third person?
Not possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried the demo with the xbox one controller and the accelerator button is not assigned:messenger_face_screaming: so is not possible to drive. Only works for the light, the windshield and the ¿brake? so is very partial support for the moment and useless:messenger_loudly_crying:

Waiting for the full support.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member

I7-4790k
16gb of DDR3
1080ti
Windows 10

Very much so! i7-7700, 16 gig, 2080rtx, G-Sync 2k monitor

I tried to "play" it one last time and after waiting forever, it finally *attempted* to start but I had horrible hitching and managed to ctrl, alt del out of it.

Oh well

This might help:

In demo v001, you can skip the grandma part if you wish, lure out both cars (first, loose the black car, then come back and the orange car will start chasing you) guarding the fenced transformer at the small dam and flip the power switch.

New in v001 is the ability to switch on power for the rest of the map at the big dam (the tunnel will take you to the powerstation).

Sure it does.

Thanks Soul Challenger.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I Think We've Found Where Everyone Ended Up in BEWARE... A New Area to Explore Welcome back to Beware! Today in Beware, we explore a new area that has been added to the game in the latest update. Let's play BEWARE!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No idea what you said but if it's good, I agree.

Nice job man!
Lemme translated for you : )

snimekobrazovky2021-0t3j1e.png

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Thanks, much appreciated! Yes, development is funded via Patreon - for 5 bucks a month you get new updates, and anyone who gives 30$ or more will get the full game, once it's finished.

https://www.patreon.com/ondrejsvadlena

Soul, if I sign up for the $5 a month, will I get access to a playable, up to date alpha/beta?

Game is looking fantastic. Gonna try to re-visit it and get it running on my comp. Cheers and keep up the great work. :goog_cool:

Last edited:

Soul Challenger

Neo Member
Skvělá práce, taky něco přihodim i když na PC nehraju.
Velke diky! Snad to casem vyjde i na konzolich :) - [ENG] Big thanks! Hopefully it will be available on consoles later on.

Soul, if I sign up for the $5 a month, will I get access to a playable, up to date alpha/beta?

Game is looking fantastic. Gonna try to re-visit it and get it running on my comp. Cheers and keep up the great work. :goog_cool:
Yes, you will. Just beware that the new parts of the map are separate builds for now. I'm merging them right now into one. More info here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/52603116

Thanks! You can try out the demo first, to see if it runs OK on your rig ( BEWARE demo v001 )

Top Bottom