• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

Perfect Deflation is on the #2 spot now.
7326fe94ad.png

giphy.gif

Ahh

In 2016 Halsey is bigger than Gaga. I'm disgusted but amused.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Pretty good. As far as I know this is fairly normal for a new pop release. She'll need radio/streaming/a video to keep it floating. Next week she'll be in full promo mode in the states

Well if I had to guess, I would say that even Rise held longer than Perfect Illusion. Like at least a week at #1 on iTunes and was genuinely surprised that it wasn't #1 on the Billboard. Lady Gaga dropping after a day isn't good at all for it. Closer also held #1 for a couple weeks before it managed to snag the #1 on the Billboard.

I'm thinking Perfect Illusion will top out around #15-18

Mau ®;216478707 said:
Ahh

In 2016 Halsey is bigger than Gaga. I'm disgusted but amused.
Eh it's more like Chainsmokers > Gaga.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have a lot of thoughts about Perfect Illusion.

First of all, it sounds unfinished. Like its 60% done and needs more work. It sounds like a demo!

The vocals don't meld well with he hollow production. The production needs more oomph, more flare. Maybe some more bass or piano or something.

The song is short but feels too long because of the last 30 seconds.
It starts off so damn promising but gets repetitive and exhausting by the end, where I just want it to be over.

The lyrics are fine, but how many times do you have to sing Perfect Illusion? We get it, the song is called Perfect Illusion. Take a break from singing and let the music play for a bit. For example, during the middle 8, stop singing for a bit and take a breather.
Maybe even mix up the "chorus" a bit, change some lyrics, add some lyrics. Idk

It's a damn shame because if they just worked on the song a bit more, it could have been really good!

I will say though, it's damn catchy and has gotten stuck in my head a few times.

PI was played twice last night at the club :O

The fake trash is already iconic tho. We need to meet the Brazilian twink behind the curtain.

The actual irony of Blood Diamonds always coming for Gaga.

Listen up sis. I was there when Flopada Del Rey was just about to go big. When she was there on tumblr and Facebook, and you could just leave her a comment and she would reply to it. When you could send her fan art on Facebook and shed reply. When you could message her on FB.

And let me tell you sis. When your 10(?) y/o ass was just about to find out what the Internet was, it was the Gaga fans who were there supporting her, spreading her music, watching her videos etc.

So think about that when you try to come for her, when it was the same "little monsturds" who you constantly "drag" that were the original lana delery stans.

I've got a friend
He's at the end
At his House In Virginia
With me

I hope this friend
He'll understand
That I just need a second to breathe
And I'll stay up all NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTTT

opGEfdH.gif

pop music WHO?

Edit: stay pressed sis. At least the Little Dumpsters did something good for humanity once, everything else they have done is just embarrassing and tragic. Keep pretending your fave didn't just put out a piece of shit tho and that now it's really about the music not the bling dddd

83f56d2471.gif

Mau ®

I've got a friend
He's at the end
At his House In Virginia
With me

I hope this friend
He'll understand
That I just need a second to breathe
And I'll stay up all NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTTT

opGEfdH.gif

This lyric tho:

You left New York for North Hampton
You found a pretty girl and took her out dancing
The stars above me are the same ones above you
Then try to play it cool but I still love you

opGEfdH.gif

Mau ®;216492423 said:
This lyric tho:

You left New York for North Hampton
You found a pretty girl and took her out dancing
The stars above me are the same ones above you
Then try to play it cool but I still love you

opGEfdH.gif
I haven't been this slayed in a long time. I'm a real music stan now

I'M OBSESSED with the ponytail and underboob look. Effortless cool. Her underdressing has been really refreshing to me lately, so I hope she keeps it going.

It wasn't love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (Perfect illusion)
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (Perfect illusion)
You were a perfect illusion

Whew!

What a bop!

Also it's been mathematically proven that the key change in the song is legit!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you spent less time earnestly trying to shit on our party and more time talking about music you actually enjoy (like the good sis is doing) then I think this thread would be more entertaining for most. :)
Lol I'll talk about Gaga if I want. People can and shit on my faves or simply ignore them. Learn to deal with it and try not being so soft about it.

Gaga really doesn't have an original bone in her body... I don't really follow Hewlsaywhat, but I seen't ha Lollapalooza set (for Colors) and Gaga has basically stolen her whole aesthetic, and is trying to do that whole indie pop artist thing. MESS xD

can you elaborate on this? I don't know who your talking about.

Also it's great how Gaga just brings this thread to life!

Vazduh

Looked like Fred Astaire,
drinking your red wine
Wasn't sure if I was really dreaming
My ceramic eyes, they started gleaming

Ma ma pa pa pa No more confusion
Ma ma pa pa pa Perfect illusion

Shit, but better than the real song tbh
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

nC0tUtB.gif