• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

MANUELF

Banned
... and? By this logic we wouldn't have Ziggy Stardust or anything Beatles since their second album. Also, not that this is gothic metal or whatever, it's americana. It also has 3 good pop songs.

It does deserve praise, that's why confessions is still the most well regarded album of modern Madonna
To the first part I dont like either of the artist you mentioned also the fact Joanne has good songs is debatable

To your second point is it really? I guess it is depending of your concept of modern Madonna

Mau ®

As far as I'm concerned Madonna died surrounded by loved ones after the release of Confessions. Her hologram tours that happened after were a bit of a slay ngl.

Ahasverus

To the first part I dont like either of the artist you mentioned also the fact Joanne has good songs is debatable

To your second point is it really? I guess it is depending of your concept of modern Madonna
At this point Ray of Light is neo-classic Madonna. I can't really put it in the same tier of post-Music. Confessions is the only respectable album after it, and it has aged very well, I can't say the same about MDNA.

And shame of you for not liking Bowie the god. Your faves wished.

llehuty

I.O.I - Very Very Very

tumblr_of5dfaSCax1vg2vnoo3_540.gif

You can count on kpop to deliver catchy bubblegum pop on steroids.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I got Apple Music and I listened to some Ellie Goulding music. WTF is this shit. Her voice sounds like farting.

On the other hand, Rihanna has a great catalogue!

So I got Apple Music and I listened to some Ellie Goulding music. WTF is this shit. Her voice sounds like farting.

Yeah after her last turd of an album she put out I've realized she's just not very good IMO.

I bought the target edition of her latest which was like $25. Then I threw it in the trash after listening to it. Such a waste of time and money.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Halcyon and Halcyon Days are good though. But Delirium was indeed a huge disappointment and I also regret purchasing ha. rip. (iirc, it did have some gems. She probably could have made a good EP with them.)

Dany

Banned
Halcyon and Halcyon Days are good though. But Delirium was indeed a huge disappointment and I also regret purchasing ha. rip. (iirc, it did have some gems. She probably could have made a good EP with them.)

She doesn't have good footing. Such a shame. I really did like her.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Love You Like You Do is still amazing though...

Burn, Lights, and Explosions are decent as well.

I also cannot recommend Cruel Youth's +30MG EP enough.

Vazduh

Lemme listen to it, thx

My Blood is Ellie's best song.

Yess. TELL THEM!

why do some kpop groups have so many members? aren't most of them bound to be overshadowed by like a small portion of the group?

fun song tho

You know, I always ask myself how much those members actually earn when their management company takes their share, especially those B- (or lower) tier groups. Like, I bet even SNSD would have been almost dirt-poor had it not been for their endorsement deals.

llehuty

why do some kpop groups have so many members? aren't most of them bound to be overshadowed by like a small portion of the group?

fun song tho
I think is to maximize the appeal of the group. Depending of the demographic the group targets you would need one or more of: cute member, sexy member, the one that sings well, the one that dances well, the one that raps, the beautiful one, the ugly one, the funny one,... Some of them could overlap, but not always.

It's also going to allow more flashy choreo since each girl will have limited singing time and plenty of time to breath.

Also it's good in terms of maximizing the revenue options. When not promoting you can have multiple members doing photoshoots, acting, tv appeareances, feature in other songs, ads, etc.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
To move away from the topic of the Gh*ul, what have you guys been listening to lately?

Pretty much just random music and a new single each week, only thing consistent is:

Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5
Blood Sweat & Tears by BTS
Lana Del Rey Discography
Chainsmokers Songs
Top 10 on the Charts.

Top Bottom