• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls trophy list appears for PS4

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I am so sick of these lame ass "Remasters" I certainly didn't buy a PS4 to play Ps3 games.

Sony should be straight up ashamed of themselves. They just keep milking the Ps3 cow. You don't see MS doing this, do you??

Ofcourse Microsoft can't milk the PS3 cow. They don't have the rights. They'd be sued my Sony before any game is even released. *snicker*

Microsoft on the other hand is making sure they can remaster every game they can. Halo 3 and 4 is already released. Reach and ODST is just a matter of time. Alan Wake is being looked at. Gears of War is just a matter of time. What else is there really to remaster?

All these Remasters are just holding up development of new games.

Remasters help new games get made. Believing that it holds up development of new games is just uninformed. Getting The Last of Us: Remastered helped Uncharted 4's development.

I know that we as gamers are the hardcore but preservation is also important. Sony made the PS3 with a cell processor. It means that it'll be hard as hell to get these games running on future hardware. Remastering these games to PS4 is going to help preserve these games for years to come.

This isn't only about remastering and making money it's also about preserving our culture. Sure, they still need to make money out of it to justify it but there are unexpected bonuses. You might treat gaming as throwaway culture but I and others don't.

dr_rus

Probably not going to bother.

Never even played it on PS3 either.

I am so sick of these lame ass "Remasters" I certainly didn't buy a PS4 to play Ps3 games.

Sony should be straight up ashamed of themselves. They just keep milking the Ps3 cow. You don't see MS doing this, do you??

Is Sony going to "Remaster" every game released on PS3? They are well on the way.

It would be strange if Microsoft would start to milk PS3 cash cow...

And they don't have that many great exclusive games on 360 that would warrant a remaster. Halo - already done. GeoW - will come at some point. That's pretty much it, everything else good on 360 is either 3rd party or makes no sense as a remaster (Forza / PGR). So they're not doing this because they can't really, not because they don't want to.

Is Sony going to "Remaster" every game released on PS3? They are well on the way.
Err... Don't Microsoft push The Masterchief Collection pretty heavily with Xbox bundles? Gears collection rumours?

I only want a couple of PS4 remasters:

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series

- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Beyond Two Souls remaster

- God of War: Ascension remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster

- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Ah fuck it, just remaster the entire library.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind playing more than half of these again on PS4.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

They did it with Master Chief, they're going to do it with Gears of War, they just put out a survey asking players if a remastered Alan Wake would pair well with Remedy's new game, and they were working on a Phantom Dust remake up until it was cancelled.

Nintendo...well, they've always done it and will continue to do so.

And then you have third parties with their deluge of remaster announcements.

This is happening with everyone and will continue to happen. Chill out man.

goonergaz

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster
- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Ah, just remaster the entire library.

Seems like the lack of BC has earnt Sony a gold mine...

mrklaw

MrArseFace

How many are Sony remasters though? Aren't most third party titles?

TLoU and now possibly Beyond. What else? Smaller titles like unfinished swan etc I guess count, but have previously been cross-buy so

and of course you don't need to buy them. As long as they aren't holding back teams from making new games, I don't really mind. Maybe they're giving work to jobbing dev teams and putting food on their tables? That can't be so bad.

thelastword

Banned

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster
- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Great list, knowing David Cage, this might be the best looking remaster yet. I'd love the ratchet and resistance series remastered though with trophies obviously. MGS4 would be golden too.

Mohonky

What? No, WHY? It's a good looking game, and I bought it, but... Why?

......because developers have pretty much decided fuck it this gen apparently.

The good news is that at current rate, there wont be many new IP's this gen so nothing to remaster come gen 9, unless we get the remastered remaster editions.

Reule

- Uncharted series
- Resistance series
- Gran Turismo series
- Killzone series
- Infamous series
- Ratchet series
- Wipeout series
- Motorstorm series
- Sly Cooper series
- MGS 4 remaster
- Ni No Kuni remaster
- Demon Souls remaster
- Puppeteer remaster
- Rain remaster

Yes. I wouldn't mind.

hesido

That doesn't follow. Ports are mostly farmed out to small ad-hoc teams of contractors.

Yeah, if you use unreal engine or whatever, doing the ports could just be a burden, or if the engine is a dead-end, why not, give it to a third party. But for TLoU to work on a PS4, you can guess what type of work is needed: You need to make sure your engine works on the PS4. The engine which you will use on your future projects.

Personally I would prefer Quantic Dream release the Indigo Prophecy Remaster that just recently released on Steam for the PS4 instead as I have yet to play it. Beyond was decent compared to Heavy Rain which I really enjoyed.

hesido

Most of the choices
don't matter.

It'd be great if they all mattered, for example, eating breakfast instead of cereal and missing bus and having to take a cab at the beginning of a game could change the game entirely, with the former ending you up in a mexican prison and the latter on a Miami Beach But it's easy to understand why the choices and the outcomes have to be limited before we start doing quantum computing, fully synthesized acting quality speech synthesis and character abiding AI, writing a whole new story each time. Currently, even a scene playing differently but leading up to the same conclusion, let alone taking you on a whole new story branch, is a monumental task given the amount of scenes that can be played.

Considering GoW 3 is happening now, even though its pretty unnecessary, there is probably no way around a HR/Beyond remaster combo now. The holdup is probably because of scheduling and maybe the decision to include HR or something. Considering their next game will get announced this E3 (at least thats 99% likely), it would make sense to group these announcements together.

Top Bottom