• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Red Button Exodus was happening during Sonic Boom development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Just stop making Sonic games. Atleast Mega Man stays dead. Sonic continues to be dead AND haunting us in the afterlife.

Bass260

It's too bad that their first project had to be a Sonic game tied in with a TV show. Not saying the poor quality of Boom isn't on them either but it seems like Sega rushed the game out the door with no QA whatsoever.

NotLiquid

So basically like Sonic 06. Head staff left mid-development in that game (notably Yuji Naka), several regular staff were splintered off to work on Secret Rings and the game also had the misfortune of being pushed out to meet the holiday market.

Just stop making Sonic games. Atleast Mega Man stays dead. Sonic continues to be dead AND haunting us in the afterlife.

Yes, stop making the series that has actually had a good-decent streak with it's mainline development team.

This should be an interesting story later down the road. Would be nice to know exactly what happened during the game's development and why it was downgraded from e3 to launch

Not before a new game with the boost mechanics. Colours and Generations are fantastic.

Was Lost World even developed by the main Sonic Team, or was it the storybook team?

L.O.R.D

Coming and coming
or
coming and leaving?

because it doesn't make sense when employees coming and coming
this way there will be too many employees working on the game

Chris_C

BRBENT's been around for something like 6 or 7 years. Hard to bellringer they only just managed to put a game out the door.

This doesn't surprise me at all. There's a clearly identifiable point where development of this game went balls up, and I imagine staff would be itching to bail out ever since.

idiots posting weird fan-art

Grow up.

Camjo-Z

gotta pull out fast

waBzGMf.jpg

mf luder

Obviously we don't know what was really going on inside BRB but you'd think they would have stayed to complete the game to the best of their ability in the time provided for the consumers sake as much as anything and then leave.

EDarkness

Obviously we don't know what was really going on inside BRB but you'd think they would have stayed to complete the game to the best of their ability in the time provided for the consumers sake as much as anything and then leave.

They'd have to care first. Or there were other reasons why they couldn't finish working on the game.

Mohonky

Heh

Devs sign up. First day they see what it is they are making. Realise what a huge mistake they've made, try and bail before association.

first day on the job at new developer featuring ex naughty dog people.
Imagine finding out your working on a sonic title.....
i guess most people quit on the first day and it was a never ending cycle. I'm guessing they tried to hide the fact that they were working on a sonic title at interviews as to not put people off, how embarrassing to come home to your wife and kids and tell the that your working on a sonic game, they either quit or become depressed alcoholics.

Heh
Devs sign up. First day they see what it is they are making. Realise what a huge mistake they've made, try and bail before association.

same post, same time...
exactly my thought. You have to feel sorry for anyone given the task of working on a 3d sonic game, their families must be so ashamed.

Mohonky

first day on the job at new developer featuring ex naughty dog people.
Imagine finding out your working on a sonic title.....
i guess most people quit on the first day and it was a never ending cycle. I'm guessing they tried to hide the fact that they were working on a sonic title at interviews as to not put people off, how embarrassing to come home to your wife and kids and tell the that your working on a sonic game, they either quit or become depressed alcoholics.

same post, same time...
exactly my thought. You have to feel sorry for anyone given the task of working on a 3d sonic game, their families must be so ashamed.

I am sure they knew they were working on Sonic, just they didnt realise what a busted mess they got themselves into.

See working demo of stuff currently playable.....fuck this, I'm out before I get my name on the credits.

J@hranimo

Banned
What the hell. That explains the overall quality of the game at release.

This is becoming more and more like Sonic 06 but in 2014.

MrBadger

Well, that explains how glitchy and unfinished the game feels. But I suppose we'd be getting a dull beatemup anyway, just a less unfinished one.

Grow a sense of humour.

To be honest I'm getting a bit bored of every Sonic thread turning into bad fan art shitposting.

Guri

I really hope Sega cares more about the character that made me play games in the first place in the future.

Spinluck

Alleged non-Sonic fans continue to post the creepiest shit in Sonic threads.

And someone makes the predictable kill Sonic post even though the franchise is still profitable. All this even though Sonic Team nailed the last 2/3 and Sonic Transformed was great.

Same shit different thread. Also fuck SEGA for the way they handled this.

Alleged non-Sonic fans continue to post the creepiest shit in Sonic threads.

And someone makes the predictable kill Sonic post even though the franchise is still profitable. All this even though Sonic Team nailed the last 2/3 and Sonic Transformed was great.

Same shit different thread. Also fuck SEGA for the way they handled this.

Pretty much.

If I opened up a new game studio only to find out that we had to work on a Sonic game I'd save everyone the trouble and just burn the building down.

Ty4on

So basically like Sonic 06. Head staff left mid-development in that game (notably Yuji Naka), several regular staff were splintered off to work on Secret Rings and the game also had the misfortune of being pushed out to meet the holiday market.

Nothing happened with Secret Rings other than it being rushed?

You did at the very least have some control in 06. In Secret Rings Sonic sort of moved on his own and the hardest parts were where you had to stop and be precise because the game would somehow believe you wanted to slide forward. If you tilted the controller too far backwards he'd walk backwards and you'd hit stuff because the camera was static. All the motion controls were of course also really laggy.

Spinluck

Grow a sense of humour.

HotColdMan has posted some funny stuff before.

When people do the same shit every Sonic thread, it gets really old hat. There is nothing funny about using jokes from 10 years ago (Sonic Cycle, kill Sonic--this dates back pretty far yet he's still here, weird Sonic pictures that are usually from the alleged non fans). I would be lying if I said there weren't any occasional funny gems though, there have been some hilarious posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom