• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Gates: Xbox One is phenomenal

Lucis

Has anyone thought that even xbox one might not been (and it probably hasn't shown) a reveal that you as a gaming community has wanted. But it could been a pretty decent product for the target market.

And this is coming from a person that has never owned ANY xbox.

you know deep down he is thinking fucking idiots.

It's alright new gen in 5 years. Bill is coming back! He will tell the investors to fuck off and spend billions on teh next box.

am I delusional? Yes, yes I am.

Darryl

Banned
it exemplifies the founding philosophy of microsoft by wedging yourself between the consumer and a service they so of course he's gonna love it. gotta love them license fees

gates-and-ballmer-dancing-o_zpsfd15c3bc.gif

this... this isn't even a photoshop job, is it? o_O

Alx

Bill Gates may be known for its charity work now, but he's always been a supporter of closed environments, with Microsoft controlling everything appearing on your screen. MSN was supposed to be a "private" internet, and Bill even considered sending his own fleet of communication satellites to set up a worldwide network.
So the trend of the X1 is quite coherent with his own vision of the market.

RPGCrazied

Doesn't he still work for Microsoft in some way? Or he got one for free. Either way of course he is going to give it a positive image.

Minions

Completely expected... he has a vested interest in how well the company does. (Stock) Did you expect him to say otherwise? To tear the company he built apart?

That said, Xbox None for me.

Let's be honest, I doubt he really cares. He'd be saying the same if it was exactly like the Wii U in terms of specs and developer support.

What else would Bill Gates say? I can't imagine him saying "I am looking forward to the PlayStation 4, it looks amazing".

Besides, I think he may even be sincere. He was at the helm when the Xbox Original was made and I am sure he was the man behind the "take over the living room before Sony does" plan.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Phenomenal in making him rich.

Top Bottom