• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billions |OT| Starring Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Why does Windy have to actually get in the middle of the battle between Axe and Chuck?

Sometimes it feels like the directors are just shoehorning her between hardrock and a stone just because. She simply didn't have to get involved into the the Juice business.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Would what Chuck did not count as entrapment? There has to be a way for Axe to get out of this, because otherwise the show is over.

No, absolutely not - It's just a sting operation.
Going to a drug dealer and saying "Hey, wanna sell me some drugs" is not entrapment.

Entrapment is "When the government's actions would've caused a normally law-abiding person to commit a crime"
A law-abiding person wouldn't commit a laundry list of crimes to get back at someone.

Chumley

Banned
Why does Windy have to actually get in the middle of the battle between Axe and Chuck?

Sometimes it feels like the directors are just shoehorning her between hardrock and a stone just because. She simply didn't have to get involved into the the Juice business.

It bugs me too because that's clearly going to be the way the show writes itself out of Axe not going to jail, Chuck will probably back off or something because if he doesn't she goes down with Axe, even though I don't see how that would hold up in court if she was just another person at the firm with no knowledge of what he was doing.

Axe has no other way out other than throwing her under the bus to save himself, unless they pull some other twist with Dake or something.

Nothus

I hope I'm wrong but I can almost see Taylor somehow being thrown under the bus and taking the fall for this.
The show has been making a point of showing Taylor signing documents, splashing the cash on swanky apartments, mocking the authorities.
Not quite sure where it's heading but I can't help but feel like it's not going to end well.

faridmon

I hope I'm wrong but I can almost see Taylor somehow being thrown under the bus and taking the fall for this.
The show has been making a point of showing Taylor signing documents, splashing the cash on swanky apartments, mocking the authorities.
Not quite sure where it's heading but I can't help but feel like it's not going to end well.

I don't think thats gonna happen considering Spoiler
It was announced that Taylor will even have a more prominent role next season

My and My co-workers theory is that Axl will go down and Taylor is to be chosen to be the next CEO, President of Ax Capital

It bugs me too because that's clearly going to be the way the show writes itself out of Axe not going to jail, Chuck will probably back off or something because if he doesn't she goes down with Axe, even though I don't see how that would hold up in court if she was just another person at the firm with no knowledge of what he was doing.

Axe has no other way out other than throwing her under the bus to save himself, unless they pull some other twist with Dake or something.

Yeah, its annoying to have her just play a fiddle.Speaking of which, Her cheating on Chuck have never resurfaced has it? Me thinks, thats gonna play a big role in the season finale. I can see Chuck deliberating whether to throw her under the bus along with Axl, and him finding out her ''adultry'' will tip him over to pull the trigger

Chumley

Banned

Hmm, that's another possibility.

There's only a limited number of options since we know Axe has to stay in play for the show to go on.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah, its annoying to have her just play a fiddle.Speaking of which, Her cheating on Chuck have never resurfaced has it? Me thinks, thats gonna play a big role in the season finale. I can see Chuck deliberating whether to throw her under the bus along with Axl, and him finding out her ''adultry'' will tip him over to pull the trigger

She didnt cheat on him. They agreed to see other people. She probably feels like shit, but there is nothing wrong she did.

BSherrod

Y'all are wild AF to root for Axe. I guess I understand it in a "I'm watching a TV show and he does the most entertaining things on the show" way, but justifying his actions in the narrative? Nah, bruh. Not even directly close.

This last episode was excellent, the music and time jumps were fresh for this show and did a great job of telling this part of the show's larger story. Probably the best episode of the show IMO.

BeforeU

brilliant finale. Axe stays classy as fuck. Man I love everyone in this show.

That scene with Axe and Windy was just touching. and showdown between chuck and axe is always the best shit.

Fucking have to wait for a year now.

Ashhong

Am I the only one who wishes Axe and Wendy were a thing? I don't think it'll ever go there but damn they have so much chemistry together. Much more than Axe and Lara. I'm glad he patched things up with her so that they will continue to work together at least.

Now the wait for next season....

BeforeU

Am I the only one who wishes Axe and Wendy were a thing? I don't think it'll ever go there but damn they have so much chemistry together. Much more than Axe and Lara. I'm glad he patched things up with her so that they will continue to work together at least.

Yes I thought the same. And he choose the perfect location. He realises that everything started from 911, thus the location. And without Wendy he is nothing.

Edit

Homecoming by Josh Ritter

That was a nice song to end it with

Chase17

Worth it.

Really strong season. Shadow lawyer guy vanished faster than I was expecting lol. I like how Dollar Bill was completely on board with Taylor getting the job. I hope next season we get more plot with the other lawyers, felt like they had less than season 1, but I guess one is quitting. Think they did a good job of showing how Chuck/Bobby were burning bridges in order to get each other. Though I guess it was more so the Wendy lie that screwed up Axe's relationship. Was actually pretty surprised to get Wendy showing up at the end.

Looking forward to whatever they do with season 3.

it is always on my mind when i see them, im honestly surprised they never were a thing

i feel Lara is gonna turn on Axe and fucki him up at some point, i just have this gut feeling she is gonna be the one to shank him good

excellent season, cant wait for more

Fercho

Just finished the last episode of season 2. Shit was sooooooo good. It reminds me of "The Prestige" because it shows on how far you are willing go just to fuck with your rival.

DJwest

Season finale was excellent. We have to wait a year for S3? :'
Also, any chance Damian, Paul or the show grabs some Emmys?

EDIT : I think Wendy whispered something in Axe's ears as he was being arrested. I wonder if that will be relevant next season.

BeforeU

EDIT : I think Wendy whispered something in Axe's ears as he was being arrested. I wonder if that will be relevant next season.

She said dont drop the soap

Ashhong

it is always on my mind when i see them, im honestly surprised they never were a thing

i feel Lara is gonna turn on Axe and fucki him up at some point, i just have this gut feeling she is gonna be the one to shank him good

excellent season, cant wait for more

Oh for sure Lara is going to be PISSED that he chose to see Wendy instead of her. Basically used her as bait with that phone call he knew was being recorded.

I got this

I'm surprised she went back to Chuck also. Really thought she had found a new calling st Axe Cap after their talk. Maybe she's going to be a sort of spy for Axe :D love her

DJwest

I got this

I'm surprised she went back to Chuck also. Really thought she had found a new calling st Axe Cap after their talk. Maybe she's going to be a sort of spy for Axe :D love her
The Wendy/Chuck ride is a nuclear explosion waiting to happen.

Grinchy

Banned
So why is the Ice Juice company totally dead for everyone? Shouldn't Chuck's dad and the lawyer make back all that money really quickly when it becomes public that the company was sabotaged?

DJwest

So why is the Ice Juice company totally dead for everyone? Shouldn't Chuck's dad and the lawyer make back all that money really quickly when it becomes public that the company was sabotaged?
They'll have to prove it in court which will take time and you can bet that Axe will play dirty.

Ashhong

Seems like it's not even about the money for both of them. Yes it's going to take a while but they were pissed he would do that

Chumley

Banned
Axe just isn't playing on Chuck's level. Giamatti the gawd.

Great finale
Can't wait for next season...
"Season 3 the fall of Chuck Rhoades"

This show is basically going to be a pendulum so this seems obvious, I just hope by the end they're straight up shooting and fighting eachother out in the desert with nothing to their names.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They'll have to prove it in court which will take time and you can bet that Axe will play dirty.
Why would they have to prove it in court? They still own the stock and once the news is out in the public the stock should rebound. Not to the highs it was at, but enough for a tidy profit.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Great season, I feel like they really stepped it up from an enjoyable first season to a better show.

Yeah, it really feels like this was a massive step up.

I can't wrap my head around how well-cast this show is.

Qvoth

amazing show
awesome finale
last season chuck basically lost the fight, so i know this season it's gonna be axe's turn
afro hair lawyer is definitely going to be utilized by axe's guys to get back at chuck
i really like taylor's character now, the character grew a LOT, and i'm glad wags didn't get offended by axe's decision on making taylor CIO, because when he talked about leading with wendy i thought he was thinking of the CIO position
iceland/hall cutting axe so soon is a big blow to axe, he's a very powerful asset

with this kind of show where there are basically 2 main characters, i think it's just a matter of time before the plot makes them allies in bringing down another character, probably for at least just 1 season, that's definitely going to be fun :3

Ashhong

amazing show
awesome finale
last season chuck basically lost the fight, so i know this season it's gonna be axe's turn
afro hair lawyer is definitely going to be utilized by axe's guys to get back at chuck
i really like taylor's character now, the character grew a LOT, and i'm glad wags didn't get offended by axe's decision on making taylor CIO, because when he talked about leading with wendy i thought he was thinking of the CIO position
iceland/hall cutting axe so soon is a big blow to axe, he's a very powerful asset

with this kind of show where there are basically 2 main characters, i think it's just a matter of time before the plot makes them allies in bringing down another character, probably for at least just 1 season, that's definitely going to be fun :3

Wags is not CIO but I think he is still very high up and in charge. He knows he is not what the company needs, actual performance wise. Plus taylor is amazing and everyone knows it

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Wags is not CIO but I think he is still very high up and in charge. He knows he is not what the company needs, actual performance wise. Plus taylor is amazing and everyone knows it

Wags is COO, and i don't think he expected he'd be CIO.
Wags gets people working, but isn't actually *in* the works.

Acorn

Fuuuuck this show is so good. Best end of season cliff hangers ever, every scene with lewis and giamatti one on one is so good.

The end game for this is gonna be both of them destroying each other and everything and everyone they care about, right?

She didnt cheat on him. They agreed to see other people. She probably feels like shit, but there is nothing wrong she did.

She didn't tell Chuck about it when he told her about the lady he met at judo. Sure, she didn't lie...but that was clearly a moment when she should have told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom