• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billy Joel is releasing a new single on Feb 1st...

Rival

Gold Member
star wars GIF

RoboEight

Look forward to it I would love to catch one of his live shows although I imagine he won't be doing shows too much longer.

Looking forward to hearing him take a brave position with corporations and the government!
Not sure what you're referring to, as Billy Joel has never been political in his music. He makes American blue collar music for the working class in a way that a lot of people can relate to. And those who can't relate in terms of circumstance can very much still relate in terms of emotion.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Bored Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Would it kill these fossils to make something SLIGHTLY upbeat

Also sounds like a memberberries song total from the Piano Man-Glass Houses era and yeah, Im good.
No kidding, I had Alexa throw up Billy Joel last night and while he has a lot of hits, fuuuuuck are they all kinda depressing until Uptown Girl comes on and its rocking the house!!

No kidding, I had Alexa throw up Billy Joel last night and while he has a lot of hits, fuuuuuck are they all kinda depressing until Uptown Girl comes on and its rocking the house!!
Interesting, as I don't really think of Billy Joel to be an depressing artist, but it does write about some fairly serious subject matter at times. As for uptown girl, I've always seen it as a retread of Only The Good Die Young, only without the religious element. But if you just hit a bunch of random depressing Billy Joel songs, that might have just been luck.

As for this new song, I've been listening to my old Billy Joel albums for the last several days now, and this doesn't come close to any of his previous hits. Sorry to say it, but this didn't need to be made. Almost every song on his last album is better than this, other than a couple, and even then there's no clear winner. That's sad. It feels like this was more of a PR move, and that possibility is even sadder. I was hoping for a lot more.

Vyse

Gold Member
Tokyo may be my home now, but im from Long Island so im obligated to care about this.
Also grew up on Long Island. Seen him more than any other artist. Just got tickets to see Billy and Sting in Las Vegas this November. Last time I saw Billy was when T-Mobile arena opened. He was fantastic. Never had the chance to see the Police or Sting. So excited.

ranmafan

Wonderful song! Love it! This is like the icing on the cake for me after seeing him live last week. Amazing artist still to this day.

Top Bottom