• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection Announced for PS3

I liked the Chronicles games, but I don't think I'd get these a second time.

REmake and RE0 HD ports will never happen because the backgrounds were all rendered at 4:3 480p resolutions. Capcom would literally have to redesign every single background. They would basically have the budget of new games. I could see 3DS or Vita ports of those two, but they'd still be 4:3.

Capcom

Seriously, is it really a surprise to think this wouldn't happen? I already bought the games on Wii so I'm not going to buy them again for PS3, that's just silly.

Gravijah

Sylver said:
Wait for VITA version :p.

capcom should make one of those girl touching games except instead of touching girls you touch zombies and they like decay and fall apart and thats how you kill them

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gravijah said:
capcom should make one of those girl touching games except instead of touching girls you touch zombies and they like decay and fall apart and thats how you kill them

or touch jill, claire, rebecca, ada, and sheva instead. :p

Gomu Gomu

Sweet. Always wanted to play them, but didn't for some reason.
I hope they are bundled together for a good price.

AAK said:
Damn... was hoping for REmake and RE0 for some reason. :(

Those would look like ass in HD. Unless they redo the pre-rendered backgrounds.

Alextended said:
Meh, anal or not what's the point of a lightgun game or how can it even be called that if you don't actually shoot where you aim and therefor need crosshair aids regardless of skill level? Hell, where's the skill if you use crosshair. The fun should be the skill in these games, they don't exactly have much else going for them, outside fan service.
I sould agree that the Wii pointer controls are more precise but I still find playing light gun games with the Move to be fun, crosshairs or no crosshairs.

Gomu Gomu said:
Sweet. Always wanted to play them, but didn't for some reason.
I hope they are bundled together for a good price.

Those would look like ass in HD. Unless they redo the pre-rendered backgrounds.

But they will look better on VITA. :) Port every frikin RE game to VITA, I will buy them at higher price.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Neuromancer said:
I sould agree that the Wii pointer controls are more precise
Huh? I guess that's why you were defensive?

None of my posts spoke of Wii vs Move... Just developer with next to no insight about what makes lightgun games good vs SEGA.

Everything I said there applies to the Wii version as that is the one I've played since there's no HD version yet.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any word on any enhancements or additions besides HD graphics ? Already seen all the cutscenes (they weren't good)..

cvxfreak

chandoog said:
Any word on any enhancements or additions besides HD graphics ? Already seen all the cutscenes (they weren't good)..

Not yet. This port was announced at a Tasting Party for some Biohazard 15th Anniversary restaurant event. Details should be out in Famitsu this week, though.

News Bot

Banned
cvxfreak said:
And a fixed localization for Darkside Chronicles. I mean, holy shit at typos like "govertment."

Oh yeah, the translators for Darkside Chronicles were pretty pathetic. Wesker's file for example...

Japanese version:
He escaped the laboratory taking advantage of the chaos caused by the B.O.W.s running wild.

English version:
It was thought that Wesker was killed by the Tyrant, but before he died, he injected himself with the T-Virus.

The other files were mostly just copy and pasted from the BradyGames published Archives. The original text is mostly completely different. Laziness!

Alextended said:
Huh? I guess that's why you were defensive?

None of my posts spoke of Wii vs Move... Just developer with next to no insight about what makes lightgun games good vs SEGA.

Everything I said there applies to the Wii version as that is the one I've played since there's no HD version yet.
What? I'm not defensive about anything. It's entirely possible though I misinterpreted your post. In which case, my bad.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What took them so long?

Bought.

I have the first one on Wii but it keeps freezing the system. Never got the second and now I won't.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really enjoyed both, and any RE fan should get some serious mileage from them.

Umbrella Chronicles has a truly fucked ranking system though, they really needed to remove the need for critical shots to get the best ranking.

News Bot

Banned
Brandon F said:
Really enjoyed both, and any RE fan should get some serious mileage from them.

Umbrella Chronicles has a truly fucked ranking system though, they really needed to remove the need for critical shots to get the best ranking.

Darkside Chronicles is worse. It's impossible to get critical hits when you upgrade the weapons in the game (stopping power, I think). Totally broken.

Wow, I was just thinking about buying a Move yesterday ....like really hard. This gives me more ammo to really consider it now.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
It should just be all the light gun games.

gun survivor
gun survivor: code veronica 2
dead aim
umbrella chronicles
darkside chronicles.

that would be strange.

El-Suave

Haven't played them on Wii and HotD: Overkill (which I bought on Wii) is definitely fun on PS3 with Move. So I'll most likely buy this.

erlim said:
revelations/mercenaries next?

Revelations would be a hard one to port since it uses the dual screen setup and the touch screen quite extensively. They'd have to redesign the game quite heavily if they wanted to port it to consoles (or even Vita for that matter)

Mercenaries would be possible though (but largely pointless since it's based on RE5's Mercenaries mode anyway. I doubt they'd bother)

This is great. I love that the mere existence of Move brought some lightgunshooters to the PS3, in updated form with nicer graphics, 3D etc.
Already worth the purchase as you would need to buy a lightgun either way. Now it's Move+whatever gun case. Let alone that the Namco gun never sold enough to warrant all these games (and now isn't supported in most of them as well).

The Shoot
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (3 very different games)
Dead Space: Extraction HD (was free with DS2)
Child of Eden (kinda, but plays better w/o a gun case of course)
House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut (with quite some more content)
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (includes both games)

It annoys me though when you can't disable the reticle. I realize you need it with the Move/Wiimote setup, but an option would be nice, just to have a bit free-aim fun.

Cypher

Will jump on this if < $40 AND if released as a retail disc in the U.S.

But who am I kidding.....Capcom will fuck this shit up again just like with Resident Evil 4 HD and Code Veronica HD being download-only here.

yurinka

Well, more Wii games released for Move. I remember Sony saying they weren't going to accept straight ports.

But I assume their extras are going to be the addition of HD graphics, widescreen, trophies and selling 2 games for the price of a Move game (40€).

BTW after that, expect to see RE Outbreak HD Collection and RE Survivor Move Edition.

After porting this and RE4, let's hope they have proper assets to port in HD and widescreen Remake and RE0 because I think straight ports would look too ugly.

About RE2 and 3, I would prefer proper remakes. But hey, it's Capcom. I see them releasing iOS Monster Hunter in Vita before MH3PG or Mercenaries+Revelations (that I'm pretty sure they are going to release too).

.la1n

I enjoyed playing both of these with a friend, not sure I would be willing to take the plunge a second time :\

Top Bottom