• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock - Official Thread of horror and awesome and draconian DRM for PC gamers

Bildi

Duck said:
The first page is like nuts:

681k4n7.jpg

Jesus.
Those four non-Bioshock threads don't even have Bioshock discussions going on in them. I say lock 'em and leave more room for Bioshock threads.

Bildi

Tokubetsu said:
Mommy! Why can't I download the demo?!?!?!?
Is it stuck at a certain %?

If so, just pick something else to download (preferably a Bioshock video) and force the Bioshock video to start downloading, then go back to the Bioshock demo and start downloading it again. It will then show the true percentage downloaded of the demo.

If your demo download really is frozen, then my condolences :(

Fallout-NL said:
And it's damn good too.
Are you still holding off downloading the demo?

Sharp

Bildi said:
Those four non-Bioshock threads don't even have Bioshock discussions going on in them. I say lock 'em and leave more room for Bioshock threads.
Not true, there was a little Bioshock in the MP3 thread.

Tokubetsu

Bildi said:
Is it stuck at a certain %?

If so, just pick something else to download (preferably a Bioshock video) and force the Bioshock video to start downloading, then go back to the Bioshock demo and start downloading it again. It will then show the true percentage downloaded of the demo.

If your demo download really is frozen, then my condolences :(

Are you still holding off downloading the demo?

Yeah it's been stuck. What do you mean force it to download?

Bildi

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah it's been stuck. What do you mean force it to download?
Choose another item to download and select "Download Now" on that. That will stop the Bioshock download. Then immediately go back to the Bioshock download and select "Download Now" to start it again.

The % downloaded should jump from like 37% to 55% or whatever. For some reason the counter stops making it look like the download has frozen (but it hasn't and it's still downloading in the background). That's what it did with mine anyway.

Thermite said:
nothing escapes the greatness that is Bioshock.
This is the truth.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just literally ran through the demo and had to say, any doubts i had about bioshock are eliminated. its crazy awesome. the graphics are the best i've ever seen, the atmosphere, second to none. the gameplay seems deep, but not overly complicated (as i feared). i was planing on buying it before, but now i'm anxiously awaiting it like almost nothing else (*cough halo 3)

Prvt.Pegleg said:
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/wallpapers/1024x640c.jpg
A second thank you today! God, that is evocative and I guess a little poignant (though, I'm afraid of little sister).

Maybe she should be, too.

bigdaddy.jpg

I don't know what the hell I'm doing...be kind!

Eric WK

wonderkins said:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/wonderkins/bigdaddy.jpg

I don't know what the hell I'm doing...be kind!

Well the relationship the Big Daddies have to Little Sisters is one of protector, so the image is flawed in that respect.

Eric WK said:
Well the relationship the Big Daddies have to Little Sisters is one of protector, so the image is flawed in that respect.
Oh, I know. But Pedo Bear isn't nearly as scary as Big Daddy.

How many days now?

Honestly, this is the absolute best demo ive played in a long time. The art is beautiful, the story is captivating, the music is classic, this game absolutely rocks. Cant wait till the full game.

Guys this thread keeps falling out of the top 10 active, we need to keep it going. At this rate we are never going to beat the Oblivion thread.

Let's get this party started with these discussion points:

- Bioshock = Halo 3 killer

- Bioshock looks better then Killzone 2

- Running from Big Daddies burns off more calories then playing Wii Fit

- Mass Effect??? More like Mass: Who Cares, This Game Will Have No Effect When Bioshock Is Released

- Nintendo DS, I am trading that shit in to pay for the CE Edition Of Bioshock

NOW FIGHT!!!

Eric WK

Illuminati said:
Guys this thread keeps falling out of the top 10 active, we need to keep it going.

Let's get this party started with these discussion points:

- Bioshock = Halo 3 killer

- Bioshock looks better then Killzone 2

- Running from Big Daddies burns off more calories then playing Wii Fit

- Mass Effect??? More like Mass: Who Cares, This Game Will Have No Effect When Bioshock Is Released

- Nintendo DS, I am trading that shit in to pay for the CE Edition Of Bioshock

NOW FIGHT!!!

List needs a jab at Super Mario Galaxy and Sony's killer app for 2007... um... what is it, what is it... shit, I'm drawing a blank. Help me out guys.

Eric WK said:
List needs a jab at Super Mario Galaxy and Sony's killer app for 2007... um... what is it, what is it... shit, I'm drawing a blank. Help me out guys.

it's either that shitty game with dragons or that other shitty game with some lame sword.

UncleGuito said:
By "THE" Bioshock thread, he means ALL of them.

naturally.

Eric WK said:
Only pansies fly around in space, real men fight under the sea. Like in the Little Mermaid. Now discuss.

Bildi

This thread is only a few positions from page 2. WTF guys? If the mods won't sticky this thread (along with all the others), we'll have to sticky the bastard ourselves.

Bildi said:
This thread is only a few positions from page 2. WTF guys? If the mods won't sticky this thread (along with all the others), we'll have to sticky the bastard ourselves.

I'd say it's plenty sticky in its own right. We've made sure of that all day.

rs7k

Interesting. Microsoft is using Bioshock to sell their system. Just saw a crazy good Bioshock ad, with "Xbox 360, starting at 279.99 CAD" at the end on Comedy Network in Canada, before South Park.

Microsoft should be allocating all of their possible bandwidth to get this demo out to the masses. Including shutting down non-essential servers such as Windows Updates and the MSDN .NET Online reference.

Bildi

Vik_Vaughn said:
4 hours, 18%. Is this purgatory?
Yeah, mine was about that speed last night. Went from 11% when I got home at 5:30 to 30% when I went to bed at 9:30.

It would only be purgatory if you got to the end and found out you accidentally downloaded Project Sylpheed.

variance

this demo was sick. I've played through it twice since last night.

I wasn't planning on buying it until I played it, but I'm there day one now.

saelz8

Oh snap, already posted? (Bioshock Artbook)

Anyway, here it is again for anyone that's missed it.

cover.jpg

BIOSHOCK: BREAKING THE MOLD
August 13, 2007

Way back when I was creating the BioShock Limited Edition, I took a poll for what you guys wanted to see in the box. And while we managed to put your top 3 choices in – the Making of DVD, Sountrack CD, and Big Daddy Figurine, we just couldn’t manage a BioShock artbook.

But with a game as beautiful as BioShock, that just didn’t sit right with me. Because everyone should be able to experience the beauty of BioShock, see the concept art and visualize the evolution of building such a revolutionary game.

So, with the help of the BioShock team and an amazing art designer, I put together a BioShock artbook for everyone to download. Here it is, in all its glory, in two PDF versions: a smaller, ebook download, and a more hi-resolution version that you can take to your local printshop and bind.

The one thing I’d recommend is skipping over Ken’s foreword until after you’ve played the game, as it holds some spoilers you might want to keep secret your first playthrough is complete.

Other than that, and without further ado, I present to you BioShock: Breaking the Mold.

Link

HugBasket

Banned
Is anybody else concerned that Irrational has already told us all the cool things to do? Fire to Electricity, Whirlwind to Shotgun, etc. I mean, it is one thing to spoil the story...but the gameplay? Gah, only the 21st will tell.

dejay

Banned
I played the demo once before going to bed last night and all day at work all I can think about is going back to Rapture. All the good games stick in my head like that. The game is like a dream and I'm not sure that I've woken up from it.

Quellex said:

Link

The OP should be updated to reflect this awesome.

Gribbix

Chock up another glowing review for the game. Granted the average gaffer probably doesn't care what Playboy thinks, but considering it's an extremely positive review from a mainstream magazine, I figured I'd post it. It scored 4/4 stars and game of the month.
"The spirits of Welles, Melville and Peckinpah live in BioShock, the best interactive entertainment ever made."

Quellex said:

cover.jpg

Link
They need to make a printed, hard-bound artbook. I will buy it. I will. Art-deco and Modern are two of the greatest design paradigms ever. If I could afford it, I'd buy every George Nelson clock, Le Corbusier couch, and Eames chair I could find.

Make it happen Irrational, please.
Their website still has the Irrational graphic so I ain't changing.

And that picture I made makes no sense (I looked again), but it was fun learning teh Photoshop.

Top Bottom