• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock - Official Thread of horror and awesome and draconian DRM for PC gamers

HugBasket

Banned
Got bored, made this

Ken.jpg

Phthisis

Bildi said:
Yeah, mine was about that speed last night. Went from 11% when I got home at 5:30 to 30% when I went to bed at 9:30.

It would only be purgatory if you got to the end and found out you accidentally downloaded Project Sylpheed.

Hey >:|

Sylpheed was the 360's best
and shortest
game through July.

Thermite

Quellex said:
Oh snap, already posted? (Bioshock Artbook)

Anyway, here it is again for anyone that's missed it.

[URL="http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html"]Link[/URL][/QUOTE]

holy shit, 67 pages! thanks for the heads up, I completely missed this.

edit: I said holy shit to it being 67 pages because I assumed it would just be a miniature artbook, with it being free and all.

Bildi

Phthisis said:
Hey >:|

Sylpheed was the 360's best
and shortest
game through July.
To be honest, I just picked a recent demo at random since downloading any demo except Bioshock when you meant to download Bioshock would be truly mortifying. Especially at the speeds people are getting.

I considered Stranglehold but Project Sylpheed sounded better in the sentence.

Tieno

This act of kindness by giving the artbook away for free convinces me even more to get the CE. Lots of love coming from Irrational! Respect!

Tieno said:
This act of kindness by giving the artbook away for free convinces me even more to get the CE. Lots of love coming from Irrational! Respect!
Finally got mine reserved today, though I would have done it demo or no demo.

blaze03

Banned
This is slightly off topic, but how are you planning on getting Bioshock for sure on day 1? I've never really wanted a game this badly on release date so I've never dealt with GameStop preorders and all that (personally I'd rather do business with Best Buy or something anyday than GS). Are you guaranteed a copy with GS preorders?

What's the best way/place to make sure I get a copy on day 1?

Thermite

blaze03 said:
This is slightly off topic, but how are you planning on getting Bioshock for sure on day 1? I've never really wanted a game this badly on release date so I've never dealt with GameStop preorders and all that (personally I'd rather do business with Best Buy or something anyday than GS). Are you guaranteed a copy with GS preorders?

What's the best way/place to make sure I get a copy on day 1?

I'm getting Bioshock via EB Games, I put down and paid off my pre-order on the Collector's Edition about three or so weeks ago. I personally have never had a problem with Eb Games/Gamestop when it comes to reserving software, but I know people have had a lot of trouble when it comes to reserving hardware and getting it on day one.

Tieno said:
How spoilerific are the Bioshock community podcasts? I don't want to know too much either.

They're pretty careful about what's been revealed and what hasn't. They're very light on plot but they do talk about a lot of the plasmids that some people might want to discover on their own.

Thermite

BenjaminBirdie said:
They're pretty careful about what's been revealed and what hasn't. They're very light on plot but they do talk about a lot of the plasmids that some people might want to discover on their own.

sounds too spoilerish for me. I'll definitely have to listen to community podcasts after Bioshock releases and I get a ways through it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Has anyone considered using an online service like lulu.com to have this artbook made into a hardback? I've never used lulu but it'd be nice to just be able to set it up online and order it.

Eric WK said:
Great video. And confirms that when they say 70 different plasmids, they actually mean 70 different plasmids.

seventy.

that's an amazing number. 70 different ways to enhance your character and his loadout, not to mention numerous more ways to mod each weapon.

the customization in this game is sick. each time you play you can go a different path, the scavenger, the run and plasmid, it's so awesome.

Holy shit! Those bee launching and cyclone plasmids look amazing! Someone needs to make an animated gif of the cyclone ability launching that guy sky high- that was freaking sweet.

Eric WK

TemplaerDude said:

seventy.

that's an amazing number. 70 different ways to enhance your character and his loadout, not to mention numerous more ways to mod each weapon.

the customization in this game is sick. each time you play you can go a different path, the scavenger, the run and plasmid, it's so awesome.

Plus the ability to invent weapons.

maynerd said:
You can tell the difference between 720p and 1080i looking at screenshots on your computer? Wow you are impressive.
No, but those screens do look better than on my 720p display. I haven't had any experience with 1080i/p though, so I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to that.

maynerd

Banned
UncleGuito said:
No, but those screens do look better than on my 720p display. I haven't had any experience with 1080i/p though, so I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to that.

Perhaps it looks better because the person has a better tv than yours?

Top Bottom