• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare announces PAX schedule, seemingly major Dragon Age Inquisition unveils

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Highlights:

• Main Event: The Next Dragon Age: An Introduction to the Inquisition (Saturday, August 31st @ 1:00PM PDT)

Description: BioWare formally invites you to learn more about the next installment of their fantasy RPG franchise Dragon Age: Inquisition. Join the team’s creative leaders to hear – and see – where BioWare is taking the next generation of Dragon Age.
    Panelists: Mark Darrah (Executive Producer) and Mike Laidlaw (Creative Director)
  • Friday 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Crafting and Customization
  • Saturday 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Tactical Combat
  • The NDA showing of Mass Effect 4 might be happening somewhere in the Base Closed section, given they've been trying to get people to sign up for it on twitter. I probably wouldn't expect details from that though outside of the possibility of leaks.

Full Schedule:

BioWare said:
Friday – August 30th

10:30am – 11:30am: How to Get a Job at BioWare
11:30am – 12:30pm: The Art and Design of BioWare
12:30pm – 1:30pm: Art Signings and Portfolio Review
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Crafting and Customization
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Storytelling at BioWare
3:30pm – 4:00pm: Writer Signings
4:00pm – 5:00pm: LGBTQ Character Discussion
5:00pm – 5:30pm: Signings
5:30pm – 6:00pm: Mingle with the team!

Saturday – August 31st

11:30am – 12:00pm: Human Resources Q &A
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Mingle with the team!
12:30pm – 3:00pm: Base Closed
3:00pm – 4:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Tactical Combat
4:00pm – 5:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Making Your Mark on the Dragon Age
5:00pm – 6:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition Team Signings

Sunday – September 1st

10:30am – 11:30am: Women in Gaming
11:30am – 12:00pm: Women in Gaming Signings
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Playable Races
1:00pm – 1:30pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition Team Signings
1:30pm – 2:00pm: Get a first look at the Heroes of Dragon Age mobile game
2:00pm – 2:30pm: Product Feedback
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Meet Team Leads from Dragon Age: Inquisition
3:30pm – 4:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition Team Signings
4:00pm – 4:30pm: Get a first look at the Heroes of Dragon Age mobile game
4:30pm – 5:30pm: Crabcat Panel and Cosplay Parade

Monday – September 2nd

11:30am – 12:00pm: Human Resources Q & A
12:00pm – 1:00pm: The Future of Gaming
1:00pm – 2:00pm: QA: The Importance of Testing
2:00pm – 2:30pm: QA Team Signings
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Seventeen Years of BioWare Development: From Baldur’s Gate to Dragon Age: Inquisition
3:30pm – 4:00pm: Team Signings
4:00pm – 5:00pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition – Behind the Scenes
5:00pm – 6:00pm: Trivia!
Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2013/08/15/bioware-coming-to-pax-prime-2013/

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll say that my initial suspicions were correct.

This is the guy that basically runs BioWare since Ray and Greg are gone.

paxdascuh9.png

They're already showing ME4? Hadn't expected to hear anything about it until next year. Actually expected the new IP to be talked about first.

FINALLY!

This is one of my favorite RPG series out there.

Screw sci-fi crap like Mass Effect.

I greatly prefer ol school fantasy.

Salz01

I take it they will show something new? I'm hopping for a direct feed video of combat and environments.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're already showing ME4? Hadn't expected to hear anything about it until next year. Actually expected the new IP to be talked about first.

Behind closed doors and under NDA, they seem to have been doing so since comic-con.

I suspect the earliest possible reveal would be the VGAs, but they're insisted they're further along with the next Mass Effect than most people think.

Behind closed doors and under NDA, they seem to have been doing so since comic-con.

I suspect the earliest possible reveal would be the VGAs, but they're insisted they're further along with the next Mass Effect than most people think.

Thanks for the info. If they've been showing it that long, I wonder when NDAs start lifting.

Maybe Spring/Summer 2015 isn't out of the question.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks for the info. If they've been showing it that long, I wonder when NDAs start lifting.

Maybe Spring/Summer 2015 isn't out of the question.

I'm kind of thinking it's a March 2015 game.

That's three years after the last one came out, and Dragon Age 3 was also originally only going to get 2.5-3 years for its next-gen shift.

That's three years after the last one came out, and Dragon Age 3 was also originally only going to get 2.5-3 years for its next-gen shift.

I'm sure it helps that the whole studio seems to be on frostbite now and they can directly share between the teams (as well as work directly with the FB team).

Playable Qunari announcement. I'd put salty bucks on it.

I'm really dreading that actually. They're either putting a huge burden on their VO/writing team as more people are likely to have unique reactions to Qunari, or it's going to fall flat and no one will give a shit you're a huge Qunari versus a human.

jschreier

What makes you think this? I haven't heard anything about a new ME being shown.

Saw DA3 yesterday, though. Game looks excellent. Embargo's up tomorrow, just after the panel.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sure it helps that the whole studio seems to be on frostbite now and they can directly share between the teams (as well as work directly with the FB team).

Right, that was actually the largest inspiration for moving to unified tech across the EA Games label.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What makes you think this? I haven't heard anything about a new ME being shown.

Saw DA3 yesterday, though. Game looks excellent. Embargo's up tomorrow, just after the panel.

I'll just link this since someone made it obnoxiously tall: http://i3.minus.com/ibtzdAteLntRVB.png

They apparently did this at Comic-Con as well I was being told by EatChildren, but didn't see the tweet myself.

Shinobi got this e-mail too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77207131&postcount=772

We would like to invite you to talk to a few of the Mass Effect leaders about the games and the future of the franchise. Your session time is Friday, August 30th @ 6:00pm during PAX Prime, and will be located in the BioWare Base (Room 2AB).

You don’t need to bring anything with you except your enthusiasm for the games, a valid photo ID (to verify who you are!) and a readiness to provide constructive feedback. In agreeing to take part in this, you will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and confirm that you are not a member of the press/media and do not currently work for a video game developer.

I'll just link this since someone made it obnoxiously tall: http://i3.minus.com/ibtzdAteLntRVB.png

They apparently did this at Comic-Con as well I was being told by EatChildren, but didn't see the tweet myself.

Shinobi got this e-mail too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77207131&postcount=772

That doesn't sound like a reveal. That sounds like a focus group where they don't want to piss off the fans again.

well shit

I actually find it funny. Do they think members of the general public would be more ethical than media members? I'm guessing it's so they get genuine fans and not people whose opinions may be tainted or non existent.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That doesn't sound like a reveal. That sounds like a focus group where they don't want to piss off the fans again.
Yes not a public reveal.

Let me see if I can find it but they mentioned having a playable vertical slice and/or prototype recently iirc which is what I assume they have there.

Yes not a public reveal.

Let me see if I can find it but they mentioned having a playable vertical slice and/or prototype recently iirc which is what I assume they have there.

Oh, that's significant. There must be some type of new paradigm they want to try out but fear of scaring their base away.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Man, I was hoping it would be next fall. ;___;

kasane

Is Inquisition a completely new story? Or a sequel? Never played the first dragon age games but I'm keeping an eye on DA:I

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is Inquisition a completely new story? Or a sequel? Never played the first dragon age games but I'm keeping an eye on DA:I

New main character, has some story ties back to the older games, but you can get a summary with the Dragon Age Keep decision importer (or just use their defaults).

My guess would be that you probably wouldn't be especially confused if you haven't played the previous ones.

jschreier

I actually find it funny. Do they think members of the general public would be more ethical than media members? I'm guessing it's so they get genuine fans and not people whose opinions may be tainted or non existent.

Nah - they just don't want media unless they want something shown to the public. Makes sense. This sounds more like a playtesting/focus group thing, as you mentioned. No point having journalists there. I certainly wouldn't sign any NDAs for something like that.

Vico

By the way, I don't really know how they would know such a thing (it's a fan page), but I was sent this link a couple of days ago :
From a Mass Effect 3 fan facebook page

Only 2 weeks away until Bioware will make an announcement at Montreal Comiccon about their new ME game

They might just be invited to a closed focus group like at PAX, and mistook that as an announcement though.

Sorry if it was already brought up.

Top Bottom