• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware wants your feedback on gameplay to make Dragon Age Inquisition fun

I think she meant "Super Phun Thyme"

sp_1207_06.jpg

They really need to be able to figure this out themselves. Checked in on the survey anyway, and was surprised how I couldn't remember much about the DA2 cast.

animus82

Banned
I just want grey, drab arenas where waves upon waves of crappy AI enemies come at me. Please BioWare.

Ya'll are haters. DA2 was awesome game play wise.

WHY don't you guys stop playing your games on "Normal" mode and set it to very hard or extreme. That way fucking up matters in the game and you have to be tactical.

Majukun

done,but i don't think they are gonna do anything with those answers...they are just there for PR purpose.

I would never play a 30+ hour RPG with a mouse and keyboard, but even if I did, it's still that same KOTOR bullshit where you watch your character attack. But wow, I can press a button and watch him attack four people if my arte has recharged!

I don't get the hype at all. It's about as deep as a puddle, too. Four areas in the game with the same fetch/persuade quests over and over again, same quest structure as every other (better) BioWare game. Only it's somehow five times uglier than Mass Effect, a game that predated it by two years.

But hey, at least it's really buggy and there's an incredibly cliche storyline about overthrowing a tyrant to fight an army of orc.. I mean orc.. I mean Darkspawn.

What are you doing in a Dragon Age thread if you don't like the game? And the fact that you said that you never played Origins on PC already gives a notion that you don't know what you're talking about, at least for the PC version.

Ya'll are haters. DA2 was awesome game play wise.

WHY don't you guys stop playing your games on "Normal" mode and set it to very hard or extreme. That way fucking up matters in the game and you have to be tactical.

It's hard to be tactical when enemies spawn out of thin air behind you. Intentionally.

done,but i don't think they are gonna do anything with those answers...they are just there for PR purpose.
Not necessarily, they do interact a lot with their fans on their official forums and have implemented some ideas and suggestions in their games in the past from there.

Sheroking

What are you doing in a Dragon Age thread if you don't like the game? And the fact that you said that you never played Origins on PC already gives a notion that you don't know what you're talking about, at least for the PC version.

To bitch about a game I didn't like. Was simply going to suggest they drop the combat engine and go with real time combat.

And on the PC version, unless it's an entirely different game, it can't be saved. When you click the mouse button, are you controlling the attack or are you just telling your character to go hack and slash? That's literally the only change I can think of that would be a significant change. Does it actually have an open world, or am I still dealing with redundant random encounters on the worlds most boring map screen?

I mean, I know it's not a universal opinion, but I can't stand third person camera control with a mouse and I don't play at a desk, so it's awkward anyway. If the change is just how the special attacks are macro'd (as I imagine it to be) or simply less buggy and better looking, not good enough.

Derrick01

Banned
Dear Bioware,

Go and play Dragon Age, I found it incredibly fun.

That is all.

Hugs and Kisses x

They were going to start another file but then remembered the fade, deep roads and the other 2 hour long dungeons with seemingly endless waves of enemies and lost all their will to play it again.

Sounds eerily similar to my feelings on that game.

Annubis

They were going to start another file but then remembered the fade, deep roads and the other 2 hour long dungeons with seemingly endless waves of enemies and lost all their will to play it again.

Sounds eerily similar to my feelings on that game.

Step 1: Go on the DOA Nexus
Step 2: Download SkipFade
Step 3: Actually enjoy DOA

No doubt when they get the results back from this survey and they don't like the feedback they will probably say "it is only a vocal minority that voted for the stuff we didn't want to do so we are going to ignore them".

At this point is is pretty hard to have any confidence in Bioware. I mean just how much feedback do they need ?

Kinyou

Nice, but I feel like my opinion will just end up in the "hardcore gamer" folder that's tagged as "non relevant"

Sheroking

Fade is the one where you have to transform yourself to get past fire/big doors/etc?

Honestly found the Dwarf dungeon crawl to be way more annoying.

Derrick01

Banned
Fade is the one where you have to transform yourself to get past fire/big doors/etc?

Honestly found the Dwarf dungeon crawl to be way more annoying.

They're all horrible. The fade, the deep roads, the forest+crypt area, the mountain pass and the several hour long tutorial/intro up until you leave Lothering. It's such an unbelievable chore to play through those areas again.

Zabant

Fan focus testing in a public way like this just seems very lazy to me and a sign of a lack of direction. They're saying "People got mad at our last game, so please tell us what you want"

This method can backfire really badly too. Guess we shall see.

Necrovex

I know the internet loves to love Obsidian but let's not pretend Alpha Protocol, Dungeon Siege 3, New Vegas etc. have great gameplay.

I had a lot of fun with Alpha Protocol's gameplay. New Vegas, on the other hand, was not good. The unfortunate nature of being shackled to Fallout 3.

Is there one for the other 3-4 dungeons in the game too?

Oh man, if only I could skip those other dungeons, I would play Dragon Age Origin again in a bloody heartbeat.

I had a lot of fun with Alpha Protocol's gameplay. New Vegas, on the other hand, was not good. The unfortunate nature of being shackled to Fallout 3.

Oh man, if only I could skip those other dungeons, I would play Dragon Age Origin again in a bloody heartbeat.

You must be living in Bizaaro world. Alpha Protocol was boring and cumbersome to play.
New Vegas on the other hand is the greatest WRPG of this generation.

Bazza

Pickable races, gimme that and even if the game is shit I might play it at least twice, both times non fucking human.

Riggs

Banned
How anyone has hope for this game amazes me. After the second this shit is going to have to be mesmerizing to even have me considering it.

Sentenza

And play what at that point? Fetch quests and an empty, boring map where you can occasionally make a couple of random encounters?

I'm not exactly a fan of Dragon Age because it has tons of design flaws and very few redeeming qualities, but to claim it would be better without dungeons strikes me as delusional... And that's putting it mildly.

Or did I miss the sarcasm and that was exactly your point about beating it in a heartbeat?

Sentenza

Look at Dragon's Dogma, The Witcher, and Alpha Protocol

Combat of Dark Souls + Mass Effect story/dialog/party/ship system
"Hey, you, developer! Yes, you! That single, last, party based tactical game of yours... Do you know what would make it a lot better? Making it *not* party based, and without tactics either! Like everything else!".

Seriously, people, what's wrong with you?

They're all horrible. The fade, the deep roads, the forest+crypt area, the mountain pass and the several hour long tutorial/intro up until you leave Lothering. It's such an unbelievable chore to play through those areas again.
You kept playing the game even though you were having a miserable time?

ironcreed

Banned
- Nice sense of weight and impact with amazing animations for a variety of attacks/weapons.

- Battles with various strategic possibilities that force you to think and even use the environment to your advantage.

- Battles that force you to make quick sacrificial choices that can be defined as grey, rather than good or bad. But clear choices for good or evil in general would be nice as well.

- Of course we need a strong emphasis on environment variety for all of this to take place in.

Annubis

Did the same, it worked in KOTOR because it was tied into the main story but all games after that have treated the romances like a mini game, they are just pointless.

Not sure but the slight romance in KOTOR II was fine with me.
Handmaiden and Visas were pretty cool gals I didn't mind trying to seduce.
and then corrupt TO THE DARK SIDE!
MOUHAHAHAHA!

Lime

"Hey, you, developer! Yes, you! That single, last, party based tactical game of yours... Do you know what would make it a lot better? Making it *not* party based, and without tactics either! Like everything else!".

Seriously, people, what's wrong with you?

Ehm, Dragon's Dogma is party-based? Besides, did I say copy all aspects of each game? The examples are suggestions on what each game does admirable or inspirationally - e.g. actual climbing mechanics against large monsters, morally grey scenarios, actual narrative choices & consequences.

I want to press A for awesome shit to happen. And I want to think like a general, but fight like a Spartan.

edit: The DA2 DLC was actually pretty good, when I was doing a replay for the first time last summer. The rest of the game still mostly sucks though, didn't even manage to finish it.

studyguy

Honestly, I think Bioware has absolutely horrid facial modeling.
Like all their games always have characters who look like they have faces made of dough or took a couple of punches.

Aside from that, I don't mind their insistence on making open relations regardless of gender, but man some of that stuff is pretty hamfisted / cringeworthy.

Sentenza

Ehm, Dragon's Dogma is party-based? Besides, did I say copy all aspects of each game?
Having a couple of morons running around you doing random stuff doesn't make it a party based game. Let alone "tactical".
And you mentioned three third person action games, which is as far away as possible from the direction a game like Dragon Age should go (and on the other hand exactly where it *will* go).

Top Bottom