• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitmob: Games Coverage is Terrible, I turn to NeoGAF

CamHostage

Well, since Chris Winters is reading GAF, may I suggest he could have saved a lot of time and just booted up Joystiq?

I get really tired about people bitching about how nothing on the world wide web is able to satisfy their particular concept of a perfect world catered to them. As if EGM and PC Gamer never lowered themselves to have a little fun and pander to the masses, or for that matter as if it's fair to compare betwen monthly magazines (which he says he read as a kid, not the best time to form lasting opinions on quality) and websites in this digital age. As if alternative resources (independent and official) weren't abundant, varied and almost always free. And as if an occasional lasercat teaser images spoiled the news story, or as if the diverting funny story about crazy Japanese trends ruined the website and all its dozens of fact-filled news pieces.

It sounds bad to say, "just live with it," but honestly, I don't have these problems with the internet as an info utility. There's crap out there, but there's also good stuff (sometimes on the very same website.) I don't expect any one website to be perfect. Myself, I like Kotaku, because it's a fun junk rag. I like a few fansites that are dedicated to specific interests (ones that come to mind are NintendoWorldReport, TotalPlayStation, InsertCredit, Unseen64 and Andriasang, in no particular order of quality.) I like occasionally reading the fanboy sites for a sense of perspective on the minds of unreasonable believers and spinmasters. And I like NeoGAF because it's full of great information, intelligent conversation, outrageous bullshit, and offensively foul rantings. So either just live with it or - better still - be a part of the solution at Bitmob. If all you're going to contribute is more whining about what's wrong with modern journos, I've got plenty of other things to read.

Mar

For up to the minute news, yes. But not for unbiased and well written opinion or critique.

Basically, you can have quick news that's badly presented, or have slow news that is well presented. I enjoy both. I enjoy hanging out on this forum and hearing all the latest shit that goes down, and I also love to read EDGE and Gamasutra.

CamHostage

Mar said:
For up to the minute news, yes. But not for unbiased and well written opinion or critique.

Basically, you can have quick news that's badly presented, or have slow news that is well presented. I enjoy both. I enjoy hanging out on this forum and hearing all the latest shit that goes down, and I also love to read EDGE and Gamasutra.

Remember the Builder's Credo:

320px-Project_Triangle.svg.png

But you have to understand.

Bitmob is not for Games Coverage its for learning to write well enough with a community to break trough and because a "games journalist".

Bitmob is a writing community about games.

Top Bottom