• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bizarre Reviews: Borderlands 2 Edition

Yeah. If anything, Borderlands is in the same category of Saints Row the Third, where it's more about actively not being sophisticated. It revels in its self-aware dumbness, that's half the fun.

This is how I have always thought of the series. Completely self-aware. Sometimes for me personally it's laughable but that is always intended, I feel.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah. If anything, Borderlands is in the same category of Saints Row the Third, where it's more about actively not being sophisticated. It revels in its self-aware dumbness, that's half the fun.

Completely agreed. I don't mind the absurdity of Borderlands 2 because, like you said, that's exactly what they're going for.

And there's not a chance that Medal of Honor will be more than a shooting gallery with big explosions.
I mean he even knocks on the thing for having a cartoon art style.

Must we kill all uniqueness and humor in the industry because it's not "mature" enough?

soultron

Banned
I mean he even knocks on the thing for having a cartoon art style.

Must we kill all uniqueness and humor in the industry because it's not "mature" enough?

This and the WSJ article/blog about Borderlands 2 proves that games aren't fun unless they're COD. Sorry friends, time to pack it up and call it an industry.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
This and the WSJ article/blog about Borderlands 2 proves that games aren't fun unless they're COD. Sorry friends, time to pack it up and call it an industry.

Is it bad that I found the WSJ review more annoying than this one?

1-D_FTW

Can you imagine how red that document would have had to have been when he hit submit?

And paragraphs are over-rated anyways. I did kind of giggle at the highlighted text. I wonder if it filled him with pride rereading it. Will add to my RSS feed.

EDIT: ITT Nirolak proves he's of a higher species. Holding a serious conversation. Meanwhile, I'm left asking WTF is this before submitting to defeat and giving up.

Sojgat

What a pointless, waste of time reading that review was. Didn't this guy kill somebody famous? Or was that a different Fred Flintstone? or whatever.

Games Journalism.

I guess, and I'm totally spit-balling here, that is meant to be a commentary on the argument that a lot of the humor and overall tone of Borderland is stupid, but that's ok because it's stupid on purpose. This review is stupid, and it's stupid on purpose, but it's still terrible... so... something... I don't know.

Wallach

Don't worry, I'm sure the writer will be along shortly to tell everyone how clever this was.

Either that or a correction & apology will get posted soon.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
tumblr_m0p97l3n6X1qzv4vio1_1280.jpg
To this day I love that he bites the plate and not the cake because the cake is a lie.

fucking gamers

If you say it's dumb because it's poorly written people will say you just don't get it. If you say it's dumb because it has no point people will say that's the point. If you say you get it and still think it's dumb people will say you can't appreciate it. Basically the only reaction to something like this is to not give it any attention or acknowledgement.

I dont even know what I'm reading......hurts my brain.

Was it written in Swahili and then put into English using Google translator?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm sitting here and wondering - were people always that stupid to the point of not being able to get that kind of humor and the Internet just let them have a voice or is it a recent development and humanity just got dumber a bit?

Top Bottom