• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert JP OBT is live- Facebook registration & English patch available

This looks so complex that i really am terrified to even try to make this game work :\
Is it that complex or am i being too paranoid? lol

Its actually pretty easy, the hardest part is finding a VPN. After that you just gotta link a social media account which can be a bit of a pain but if you're persistent it should get working eventually.

I used SoftEther for my VPN, its free and open source. There's a guide to getting it setup on reddit, its pretty straightforward to use though.
edit: Really everything you need is in the OP. Step one: VPN. Step two: Link account. Step three: download game. Step four: launch game.
You can download the game without the VPN, which makes it go a lot faster.

Ashodin

It's difficult to say because I am so early in Black Desert, but a really cool feature is that you can press T, and your character autoruns to the quest. Yes. It will just figure it out. It's really cool. The interface is pretty damn good.

There is fast travel in Blade and Soul for areas you have discovered. It seems very linear and not sandboxy at all. I was kinda surprised because videos showed people gliding across vast valleys. I haven't seen any of that but maybe the game opens up later. If you want to give it a try Chu! Bam has a video guide on how to register, download and install everything from the russian server as well as apply the patches. You need a whole bunch of Microsoft framework patches back from 2005 as well. It was a hassle for me to work. Took two days, but I had a lot more trouble with getting Black Desert to work. You really have to be determined because if you run into problems there is no official support.

Like Black Desert these fan translations are mostly gibberish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYUqXL4KUA

Ashodin @ Is there a guild or community? I don't know what server I am on. When I try to join a channel I get 3 options and everything is Korean (with the patch).

Calpheon (칼페온) is the one you're looking for. This game is way less waifu simulator than TERA or BnS, that's for sure. The characters are photorealistic instead of laughably proportioned.

Brutalx2

Its actually pretty easy, the hardest part is finding a VPN. After that you just gotta link a social media account which can be a bit of a pain but if you're persistent it should get working eventually.

I used SoftEther for my VPN, its free and open source. There's a guide to getting it setup on reddit, its pretty straightforward to use though.
edit: Really everything you need is in the OP. Step one: VPN. Step two: Link account. Step three: download game. Step four: launch game.
You can download the game without the VPN, which makes it go a lot faster.

Well...it does not sound that hard. Also, the English pack, is it good or is it partially working?

Brutalx2

Ok...so i tried to make the vpn work and it's working fine but i still can't enter the website and i have no clue why since everything is working just fine :\

Edit: Can i make vpn work even tho i am using Wi-Fi ?

Calpheon (칼페온) is the one you're looking for. This game is way less waifu simulator than TERA or BnS, that's for sure. The characters are photorealistic instead of laughably proportioned.

Sorry no. This is actually the ultimate waifu simulator, i was able to make my perfect waifu and so could everyone in my guild. Not that its a bad thing. What you might say is that characters are less sexualised.

docbon

Making another character for Calpheon atm.

a side note: I can twist and contort every aspect of my character's body in the character creation menu, but the darkest I can make them is still five shades lighter than beyonce. come on son.

Ashodin

Sorry no. This is actually the ultimate waifu simulator, i was able to make my perfect waifu and so could everyone in my guild. Not that its a bad thing. What you might say is that characters are less sexualised.

I'd say that waifu simulators that are the best are known for their sexualization. That this game does it less is great. But if you want to make waifus more power to you

Making another character for Calpheon atm.

a side note: I can twist and contort every aspect of my character's body in the character creation menu, but the darkest I can make them is still five shades lighter than beyonce. come on son.

black people don't exist

I guess I need to get a rolling list of GAFers on Korean server.

Do you know how sandbox-y Blade n Soul is compared to Black Desert? The one thing I've seen in Black Desert is that the world is really big yet there is no fast travel, so you have to explore and reach certain places by boats even. Is there fast travel in Blade n Soul?

blade souls has no sandbox element. It is a bettet game for me though, because its pve content is well done. Pve in black desert
Is lacking. however you will really need fast connection for blade souls.

EriksBlue

Banned
I'm having a issue where i try to unzip the 16gb file all the PAZ files are corrupt and when i try to launch "BlackDesert32 or 64" i get. Cannot find CoherentUI.dll. Last night after using BlackDesert_live i got a script error and the game wont work either. :/

note: may have fixed my issue running BlackDesert_live with the 16gb file on my desktop.

jediyoshi

I'm having a issue where i try to unzip the 16gb file all the PAZ files are corrupt and when i try to launch "BlackDesert32 or 64" i get. Cannot find CoherentUI.dll. Last night after using BlackDesert_live i got a script error and the game wont work either. :/

note: may have fixed my issue running BlackDesert_live with the 16gb file on my desktop.

You're not meant to unzip the file manually. The exe file needs to be in the same directory and you just run that.

docbon

this game plays way better with a controller btw, though the button prompts on the UI don't seem to switch when you're using one.

EriksBlue

Banned
Getting this Error when i'm trying to login into the site. Is the site down atm?

サーバ接続に失敗しました。時間をあけてから再度ログインページよりログインをお試しください。

Note: Fixed it but now Xigncode3 wont let me play the game x.x "Failed to init security"
When i use the 32 bit launcher i get this error
1BxHR4G.png

Onyar

Tried it a little today, the combat is good but the lag don't let me enjoyed as it has to be.
Tomorrow I will have more time to try it with the Wtfast method, but this game looks promising.

I'd say that waifu simulators that are the best are known for their sexualization. That this game does it less is great. But if you want to make waifus more power to you

black people don't exist

I guess I need to get a rolling list of GAFers on Korean server.

I just made a black/Asian character with curly hair (at work right now but will post screenshot when I get home) and that close enough for me.

Has anybody tried using a game pad for this OBT yet?..Nvm
this game plays way better with a controller btw, though the button prompts on the UI don't seem to switch when you're using one.

It's difficult to say because I am so early in Black Desert, but a really cool feature is that you can press T, and your character autoruns to the quest. Yes. It will just figure it out. It's really cool. The interface is pretty damn good.

There is fast travel in Blade and Soul for areas you have discovered. It seems very linear and not sandboxy at all. I was kinda surprised because videos showed people gliding across vast valleys. I haven't seen any of that but maybe the game opens up later. If you want to give it a try Chu! Bam has a video guide on how to register, download and install everything from the russian server as well as apply the patches. You need a whole bunch of Microsoft framework patches back from 2005 as well. It was a hassle for me to work. Took two days, but I had a lot more trouble with getting Black Desert to work. You really have to be determined because if you run into problems there is no official support.

Like Black Desert these fan translations are mostly gibberish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYUqXL4KUA

Ashodin @ Is there a guild or community? I don't know what server I am on. When I try to join a channel I get 3 options and everything is Korean (with the patch).

Related tip: If you look at the map (M) and notice a quest marker, you can right click it to set the way point for the auto run. It's much easier than the quest log.

akileese

Is anyone else having difficulty getting contribution points? I am quite literally not getting any at all which seems weird.

Okay... after messing around for three hours I finally got it to run but god are VPNs a pain :/ SoftEther would randomly disconnect here and there and Skype and Trillian also took a huge hit :/ I wish I could use WTFast but whenever I launch it, crashes right away with "WTFast stopped working" which is weird as I used it already last year, oh well...

Okay... after messing around for three hours I finally got it to run but god are VPNs a pain :/ SoftEther would randomly disconnect here and there and Skype and Trillian also took a huge hit :/ I wish I could use WTFast but whenever I launch it, crashes right away with "WTFast stopped working" which is weird as I used it already last year, oh well...

I can't even get passed these captcha's to have any other problems.

I can't even get passed these captcha's to have any other problems.

I was a bit lucky there to have two friends who can read them :p

Any ideas how to fix that? I'm using the exact instructions listed in the OP and the account guide. Or is their an alt way to set up an account?

As far as I figured it out that error means that the VPN server you are connected to was used to often to create accounts in the past 24 hours, try another one :/

Also I got WTFast to start again magically so now I wonder, is it normal that many texts are simple square-boxes after applying the English patch? o.o

Major B.S.

Neo Member
I was getting this error until I changed to another japanese vpn server.

K yeah, sweet! That worked. Now I'm getting this screen which is different from all of the shots in the guide:

bp65JtF.png

I'm guessing the date entry is for my date of birth but what is the option below it?

Jijidasu

Got this error after Xigncode 3 ran, anyone have any clue what it says.
uEhFXR1.png

That's not "Japanese". That's just error text using some Japanese characters mashed with various other symbols.

To best get around this try changing your system locale to Japan to get a proper error I can read, if you can replicate it, that is.

EriksBlue

Banned
That's not "Japanese". That's just error text using some Japanese characters mashed with various other symbols.

To best get around this try changing your system locale to Japan to get a proper error I can read, if you can replicate it, that is.

I did change local language to Japanese.

I've been in the Korean beta for a few months now and all I can say is that it was pretty disappointing. From initial marketing I heard, I thought I was going to play an awesome sandbox game closer to something between ArcheAge and EVE. It's mostly just another themepark MMO without instances. It's mostly breadcrumb questing trails and inconsequential PVP.

It is definitely one of the prettiest games I've ever played, though. The character creator is top notch, too.

I'm not sure about you guys but I'm getting about 40-60fps during battles with everything besides the ultra tab checked with my gtx 970 and i72600 both overclocked.

I also noticed there seems to be a frame limiter enabled to 60fps, I thought there might have been a vsync option in game but didn't find anything.

cyress8

Banned
:(Pretty sad that I will need to go back and boot up windows 8. Xigncode/gameguard/crappy anticheat does not like windows 10. Played everything under the sun on windows 10, yet it is always these crappy anticheat programs that causes all the problems. It even caused my first PC crash since I don't even know, windows vista?

Top Bottom