• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 : GAF Ops Community Thread

Wasn't aware there were two threads... I'm the 360 leader. PM me with the GT if you want to be added. might want to add that with a link to my profile in the OP.

aristotle

Posted it several times in the OT. Most people never clicked it for some reason. Meh. Posting your info in the OP now. Thanks!

Just got this game for my Wii U. If anyone is interested in playing some games with me feel free to add me. My NID: Spyhunterzero. Once I'm done with campaign I will be starting on Multi and Zombies.

Opiate

Threads like this help date GAF so particularly.

There is a small contingent of new wave gamers on GAF (I am including CoD in this). There is also a small contingent of gamers on GAF who remember the colecovision and other very old gaming devices.

But then you look at topics like the Halo topic, which is far more popular here despite the game itself being far less popular overall, and you get a sense of where most of GAF comes from: a hugely disproportionate number of GAF members are essentially SNES/PS1/PS2 gamers whose tastes have remained steady in to the modern age. This doesn't mean that none of you fit that basic description, by the way; these are general rules, not absolute ones. It explains the relative hostility to games like CoD and WoW and to platforms like Facebook and the Wii despite the huge popularity of all the above.

Tarps

To Aristotle: Awesome, thanks dude.

Opiate, really not sure what your point is. The gaming thread is still pretty active, I guess most people don't realise this thread exists?

Opiate

To Aristotle: Awesome, thanks dude.

Opiate, really not sure what your point is. The gaming thread is still pretty active, I guess most people don't realise this thread exists?

I'm observing the relative popularity of games on GAF and inferring what portion of gaming GAF represents. Halo is more popular than Call of Duty here, even though CoD is much more popular overall. The PS3 and 360 each had more interest on GAF than the Wii, even though the Wii is more popular overall. The DS has even less interest, even though the DS sold more than the PS3/360 combined. The WoW community threads have always moved much more slowly than one would expect given how popular the game is.

The goal is to find out what part of "gaming" GAF represents -- because if it represented all of gaming, Words with Friends would have a much bigger following and thread than any game on the PS3 or 360.

Tarps

I getcha.

One problem COD has is that the core game changes very little with each iteration that there's probably not much left to discuss.

Also I guess NeoGAF is better aware of Activision's crappy anti-consumer practices, and are content to stay away and try something more original.

As for me, I don't mind a little junk food every now and then, and I like to play with my real life friends.

I think most people are responding to the other thread. I wonder if a merge would maybe help?

And I don't think that's much of an absolute rule. I enjoy both a great amount.

Top Bottom