• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 Hardened and Care Package Editions

Xamdou

Well elite will most likely be built in the black ops 2 game rather than being separate. Still though if neither of these two editions have the elite pass I will stick to my newegg pre-order of $50.

AHA-Lambda

Hang on a tick - this shit auto-renews? How the hell do I turn that off?

I can only speak for PS3 but the option is under account management. This did include elite codes from the Hardened Edition for the Ps3 version, so don't assume it won't auto renew just because you redeemed a HE code and didn't use a credit card.

I can only speak for PS3 but the option is under account management. This did include elite codes from the Hardened Edition for the Ps3 version, so don't assume it won't auto renew just because you redeemed a HE code and didn't use a credit card.

How will it renew if you have no cc or enough points on file?

Elite on PS3 is set to auto-renew (this is the case with the hardened edition). You can disable it under Account Management > Transaction History > Subscriptions > Find 'Elite' and set auto-renew to OFF.

No elite in either bundle is not surprising at all. Just like Call of Duty XP (codcon) Activision is keeping certain things exclusive to the Modern Warfare version of the game.

Elite on PS3 is set to auto-renew (this is the case with the hardened edition). You can disable it under Account Management > Transaction History > Subscriptions > Find 'Elite' and set auto-renew to OFF.

No elite in either bundle is not surprising at all. Just like Call of Duty XP (codcon) Activision is keeping certain things exclusive to the Modern Warfare version of the game.

Waaaaaaa, how does that make any sense........

Waaaaaaa, how does that make any sense........

Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 are their 'cream of the crop' if you will.

I think most folks have always viewed the Treyarch games as the appetizer to Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare main course games, but that's changing for a number of reasons:

1. Treyarch actually listens to fans and appears to be taken risks with the series by making major changes, something Infinity Ward doesn't do.
2. The current Infinity Ward is not the original IW who made CoD popular; they all went to Respawn after the Zampella/West fall out.
3. MW3 isn't doing a good as blops did in terms of sales. In fact, Blops charted in last month's NPD sales topping MW3 (lol).

Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 are their 'cream of the crop' if you will.

I think most folks have always viewed the Treyarch games as the appetizer to Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare main course games, but that's changing for a number of reasons:

1. Treyarch actually listens to fans and appears to be taken risks with the series by making major changes, something Infinity Ward doesn't do.
2. The current Infinity Ward is not the original IW who made CoD popular; they all went to Respawn after the Zampella/West fall out.
3. MW3 isn't doing a good as blops did in terms of sales. In fact, Blops charted in last month's NPD sales topping MW3 (lol).

Yes but thats exactly why Elite should be on BO2 as well. I thought that was a given before this. Activision comes out with a service that only good every 2 years and on the crappy version of the franchise....nice.

Hey You

No elite in either bundle is not surprising at all. Just like Call of Duty XP (codcon) Activision is keeping certain things exclusive to the Modern Warfare version of the game.[/QUOTE]

I believe Microsoft sponsored CoD xp. Probably found out it wasn't worth the money.

bluehat9

Thanks to this thread I avoided the auto-renew, so thanks for that. Also, I found Elite under the "Services" tab in Account Management.

No elite in either bundle is not surprising at all. Just like Call of Duty XP (codcon) Activision is keeping certain things exclusive to the Modern Warfare version of the game.[/QUOTE]

I believe Microsoft sponsored CoD xp. Probably found out it wasn't worth the money.

All ticket sales went to the Call of Duty Endowment programs for Vets, but I think the event in general really was for fans. It was great for Microsoft as it continues to show their strength and ties to the CoD series - they want the CoD series to be synonymous with Xbox 360. Their goal is to make it feel like an exclusive series to their console, and it's working. If you get the PS3 version of the game you practically have to buy it in a brown paper bag and take a shower in shame afterwards.

It auto-renews for the next year, but giving you nothing till mw4.......makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It could be announced closer to launch, but I doubt it will be included in either game bundle or they'd have shown it.

All ticket sales went to the Call of Duty Endowment programs for Vets, but I think the event in general really was for fans. It was great for Microsoft as it continues to show their strength and ties to the CoD series - they want the CoD series to be synonymous with Xbox 360. Their goal is to make it feel like an exclusive series to their console, and it's working. If you get the PS3 version of the game you practically have to buy it in a brown paper bag and take a shower in shame afterwards.

It could be announced closer to launch, but I doubt it will be included in either game bundle or they'd have shown it.

Ya im just gonna get the regular one. I dont need all that extra junk. I still have a Reach statue that i dont even know what to do with.

AHA-Lambda

How will it renew if you have no cc or enough points on file?

ok fair point, hadn't realised that. Just people should be careful then and can realise what it is when 4000 MS points disappears from their balance :p

Anyway, how much is this going to be? Let's see...

http://www.game.co.uk/en/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-exclusive-care-package-185493

LeavingSeinfeld.gif

Xamdou

Looks like Activision and Treyarch are planning to make hundreds of millions of dollars off elite subs, map packs, weapon skins, emblems and titles etc.

They are going all out this year since the next-gen systems will most likely come out next year.

No Elite, no buy. The Nuketown Zombies map has me slightly interested but no way in hell that justifies whatever price they're asking for this.

Xux

This looks pretty neat. I definitely put 80+ dollars worth of time in COD so the Hardened Edition will be more than worth it.

Satchel

Banned
Im stilll rocking the night vision goggles.

MW3 was the last CoD for me this gen. I may jump back in next gen again.

Maybe.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
They need to make that more like a real care package Soliders get.
Rahter than the fake one in the MP.

So that would mean the

• The Game
  • Sun Screen
  • Beef Jerky
  • Candy
  • Drink Mix
  • Hygiene Products
I don't think gamers are that worried about hygiene. Or sunlight.

DoomGyver

I was going to upgrade my preorder on amazon to the hardened edition but it's not up on amazon. Are they sold out already or did they never put it up?

Card Boy

Banned
I got my Nuketown 2025 map, i don't need anything else. I'm not going to play any other mode in Black Ops 2 except for Nuketown 2025 24/7 playlists.

They don't need to include the Elite pass because all those who got it with MW3 last year will auto-renew at full price just in time. :)

I activated Elite when the actual DLC started coming through which was towards late January.

Also you would be better of purchasing a decent headset or a Xim Edge (mouse/keyboard adapter) than paying for a stupid toy.

Pimpbaa

Kinda want it for the quad-copter, but it looks kinda toy grade (especially going by the radio it comes with).

JimFear

Banned
is this a digital soundtrack that you dl on your console or its on a cd?

Cause if its a downloadable soundtrack.... Thats ridiculous...

Top Bottom