• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

J-Skee

Takeaways:

+ Yo. T'challa's casual clothes are dope. I want his custom African swag. I'd rock that on the daily. The black formal suit and the white shirt that he was wearing walking in the Lion king savannah? Where's the amazon link?

+ Cast looks great. Wakanda looks dope. That busy street city shot was fire.

- meh on the idea of Panther vs Panther fight. Visually, the idea of a panther vs panther fight for the climax seems boring. At least if they were going to go this route, the could've played up the size difference and done an Iron Monger-style refit for Killmonger. David vs. Goliath is always fun.

+ Day one.

Hit me with links when you come across them. I'm trying to look regal as fuck on the daily.

How is the Chinese poster looking?
DMQuyI5V4AAUHP0.jpg:large
Was thinking the same thing... Legit wondering if they will try and 12 Years a Slave / The Force Awakens it...

a916

Is Killmonger supposed to have a Black Panther like costume but Cheetah like?

(I know nothing about BP just curious is all)

I've always hated the idea of hero vs villain (who's the same as the hero in look/power)...

Imm0rt4l

Is Killmonger supposed to have a Black Panther like costume but Cheetah like?

(I know nothing about BP just curious is all)

I've always hated the idea of hero vs villain (who's the same as the hero in look/power)...
Nah, but he aims to usurp T'Challa, so his goal is to become the black panther. He has donned the suit before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a lot of fucking Dora Milaje in the trailer... as it should be!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Everything looking good here except my irrational hate of suits that form from nothing to attach to the hero... I dunno why I hate that idea so much, I just do. Hate it on Iron Man, hate it even more here.

Mupod

Everything looking good here except my irrational hate of suits that form from nothing to attach to the hero... I dunno why I hate that idea so much, I just do. Hate it on Iron Man, hate it even more here.

kind of the opposite for me, lol. Ever since Guyver I've loved that kind of thing.

Tosyn_88

As a Nigerian, I'm both happy and worried regarding the mesh of different Africans cultures into one. I suppose it's taken Hollywood ages to portray our art in a good way but in the same vein, it reduces things with history behind them into simple consumables.

The movie looks amazing though, the cast and director have definitely put lots of sweat into it and it shows. This movie has a lot riding on its success. It's the first black led action movie I have seen anywhere so if it bombs, studios will continue to say black cast can't win box office.

Aselith

Looks cool! I see they're going with "the bad guy is an evil version of the hero" shit again though. Crappy Marvel villain tradition continues!

The slight cyberpunk look to the city is nice looking.

Erik Killmonger (MBJ's character) was exiled to Harlem as a child and grew up educated in the U.S.

I assume that's why he has no accent here.

My parents still have their Nigerian accents. I don't have one because I've spent all my life in TX. Not to mention I learned English first.

Also forgot the tidbit that Killmonger is an MIT grad

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So I feel like the swing is easy to see here - dude snags BPs newest suit in an elaborate heist... makes off with it and adds some gold flair. BP gotta roll with his old suit that dad used to wear. Uses superior tactics/discipline/experience to win over the more advanced suit.

I hope i'm wrong but either way gawt-DAMN this looks fuckin great. So many beautiful people and scenes in this shit. T'Challa walking up to that tree with the purple night sky??? FUUUUCK that's nice. Is there like a dreamtime/astral walkabout aspect to panther? I'm so understudied when it comes to this dude it's not even funny.

Nice trailer. I miss RtJ though...

So I feel like the swing is easy to see here - dude snags BPs newest suit in an elaborate heist... makes off with it and adds some gold flair. BP gotta roll with his old suit that dad used to wear. Uses superior tactics/discipline/experience to win over the more advanced suit.

I hope i'm wrong but either way gawt-DAMN this looks fuckin great. So many beautiful people and scenes in this shit. T'Challa walking up to that tree with the purple night sky??? FUUUUCK that's nice. Is there like a dreamtime/astral walkabout aspect to panther? I'm so understudied when it comes to this dude it's not even funny.

Nice trailer. I miss RtJ though...

Yeah. Panther Gods and a spirit world are elements within the BP canon.

Top Bottom