• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

VulcanRaven

The Acolyte Trailer Breaks Lucasfilm Records

Thanks to Star Wars fans, the trailer launch for The Acolyte has been one to remember.

Released yesterday, the trailer for The Acolyte garnered 51.3 million views in its first 24 hours. This is a new digital-only record for any Lucasfilm Disney+ series, surpassing every trailer for The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka. We’re grateful for your support, and can’t wait for you to experience the series

NickFire

I have no idea how the reception has been outside of this place. But I could easily envision massive trailer views and general negative reception. The fans have always been there and would love more interesting content IMO. Saturation has never been the problem IMO. The problem has been crappy content since Disney purchased the IP IMO. If the general reaction has been negative I'd guess it's because the trailer suggests that the content will be more like post-Disney content than pre-Disney content, which is why I have no excitement for this despite the flashy lightsabers.

*Nightwing

qNr4xx7.jpg

Top Bottom