• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Sails S4 |OT| The End Is About To Begin - Sundays 9/8c on Starz

TheOddOne

121z6f.png

Captain Flint vs the World

When I heard that they were making a pirate tv show produced by Michael Bay and a prequel to Treasure Island I expected some garbage. But good lord did it surpass expectations.

Gonna really miss this one. Pour one out for the gawd Vane too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bless you, OddOne. This is one of my favorite shows on the air. I'm going to miss it but I'm glad it's going out on its own terms.

Treo360

Captain Flint vs the World

When I heard that they were making a pirate tv show produced by Michael Bay and a prequel to Treasure Island I expected some garbage. But good lord did it surpass exportations.

Gonna really miss this one. Pour one out for the gawd Vane too.

This post and more. Started watching this on Amazon as my wife and I were waiting for other shows to start back up, and we were hooked. I will be very sad to see this end.

I was skeptical as hell about this show, but I gave it a shot just because of pirates and Starz's Spartacus, and I've really enjoyed it. I just finished season two so I'm bailing out of this thread, but for anyone else on the fence like I was, give it a go.

And to think I initially gave up on this show halfway through the first episode...

Granted, the first half of the first season was pretty shit, but luckily I gave it another try because the GAF consensus for S2 seemed incredibly positive.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are they still doing that thing where they put the episodes up on the internet the day before they air?

The last show I watched regularly on Starz was the most recent season of Outlander, and you could watch those episodes on the Starz app a good 16+ hours before the premiere time. I don't know how that plays out for other regions, but I'm expecting the same here. I'm fairly certain they just threw the episodes up the day of for Ash vs Evil Dead as well.

I hope they keep doing that. It was really nice being able to watch an episode early in the morning before I ran errands as opposed to finding time later.

Nice! Last season was so good. Loved the bit with the starvation at sea and overall lots of tense situations throughout season. Show does interesting and exciting themes so well.

Can't wait to Ray Stephenson as Teach again. What a badass character and haven't been this impressed by the actor since Titus Pullo in Rome. He was rocking that bloodtinge build pretty hard with his unique fighting style.

Can't wait. This show has been nice and tight. Any word on what the creators are doing next? I find it real surprising that they didn't draw this out longer.

Drazgul

Can't wait. This show has been nice and tight. Any word on what the creators are doing next? I find it real surprising that they didn't draw this out longer.

No word yet afaik, and I doubt it it'll be happening right after Black Sails wraps up, but seeing as how it's all a prequel for Treasure Island, I wouldn't mind seeing a reimagining of that in the same vein at some point.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/blac...sails-a-treasure-island-spin-off-might-happen

Super hyped, my favorite show on air. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd highly recommend Taboo as well - set in London 1812, has an absolutely insane Tom Hardy starring. Also stars a fantastic black hat. Its on BBC on saturdays and FX (in USA) on tuesdays.

I've been looking forward to this all month. One of the few things good about January (this and Sherlock), even if it just barely made it.

Super hyped, my favorite show on air. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd highly recommend Taboo as well - set in London 1812, has an absolutely insane Tom Hardy starring. Also stars a fantastic black hat. Its on BBC on saturdays and FX (in USA) on tuesdays.

I'm DVR'ing Taboo but haven't started watching it yet.

I never made it through season 1...does it get better?

So much better. Though I binged it and I think the show was much better for it. The pacing is slow (though not in a boring way) so watching it all at once is ideal.

I was lukewarm and by the end of season 3 I'm in love. It's so good.

I never made it through season 1...does it get better?
S2 is so much better it's almost ridiculous. Like I wrote above, the first half of S1 was pretty mediocre, but the back half was fine, but S2 really takes this show to a whole different level. Most drastic rise in quality I have ever seen.

Rymuth

Ready for the end. This show is ridiculously good. Hats off, Starz.

Can we please get the Caesar spinoff we were promised after this is done?

Btw, just a reminder that you can get a Starz subscription with Amazon Prime these days for $9/month. They also do a 7-day free preview if you wanted to binge the whole season after it's done.

DrSlek

I think it's good that this is the last season. I love the show and I would rather it leave a beautiful corpse than outstay its welcome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can we please get the Caesar spinoff we were promised after this is done?

We were never actually 'promised' a Caesar spin off. They had merely talked about exploring the idea, but nothing ever came of it.

I still have hope for 'Incursion', however!

Welp. I guess that means no Treasure Island. I would assume they'd reuse those assets.

They're apparently wanting to wait like 10 years before doing a Treasure Island sequel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Boston Herald review
Short of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” — with its far more expansive budget — no show delivers such spectacle. The premiere Sunday features three set pieces that are brilliant and terrifying. “Black Sails” must have the hardest working cast and crew of any TV series bar none.
- WeGotThisCovered review
Though there are hints of better things to come, the early goings of Black Sails season 4 are light on fun and adventure. 2.5 out of 5 stars
- Deadline review
It’s as if in tying up loose ends with new alliances of convenience, the battle for Nassau, Long John Silver and century-crossing politics, the sole goal of this final season of the Jonathan Steinberg- and Robert Levin-developed show is to get to the end in one piece. In relative terms, it’s a lackluster conclusion for the now-decommissioned old boy.

obin_gam

No word yet afaik, and I doubt it it'll be happening right after Black Sails wraps up, but seeing as how it's all a prequel for Treasure Island, I wouldn't mind seeing a reimagining of that in the same vein at some point.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/blac...sails-a-treasure-island-spin-off-might-happen

2018 Christmas Special: "Black Sails - Treasure Island"

Top Bottom