• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Wii, Red NDSi

Kreed

I'm glad I held out on buying any more Wii accessories. Will definitely be getting that Wii mote and classic controller.

I wish someone did system color trade ins.

GhostSeed

15ey5hx.jpg

Tenbatsu

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
On second check, I think it is 490Y?
Black Wii - 25,000Y
MH3 + Black CCP - 8490Y
Bundle - 33,000Y

Separately would be 33490Y, so 490Y saving? :p
Haha I counted separately, not the controller bundle:lol

neo2046 said:
not official yet
DS Pokemon HG/SS
- September 2009 / 4800 Yen
- Pre-Order bonus is mini Pokemon figurines (3 types)
- "Poke Walk" steps counter will be included with the game
 (choose and save one pokemon data in your Poke Walk
 you can ??????? when you don't play the game in your DS)

Poke Walk a DSi channel that gets installed to your internal memory perhaps?

This may seem like a silly question but is the Classic Controller Pro compatible with GameCube games or just Wii games?

My GCN library and Smash Bros. Brawl must know!

thefro

Pretty cool, I wish Nintendo would care about the core market in America as much as they do in Japan. They've moneyhatted everything that the core Japanese gamer cares about that they could get their hands on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cold-Steel said:
This may seem like a silly question but is the Classic Controller Pro compatible with GameCube games or just Wii games?

My GCN library and Smash Bros. Brawl must know!

When your Wii plays GameCube games, it is a GameCube. No Wii functionality of any kind will ever be enabled while playing GameCube games.

pakkit

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
When your Wii plays GameCube games, it is a GameCube. No Wii functionality of any kind will ever be enabled while playing GameCube games.
There are some homebrew apps currently being developed that are looking to keep the Wii features from being blocked during Gamecube mode. Mainly that means the ability to simply return to the Wii Menu instead of have to reboot, but it also could signify the ability to use other controllers. We'll see.

markatisu

Hot damn that Black Wii is sexy and with MH3 release too!

Anyone else now doubt that MH3 is going to become easily the highest selling Wii 3rd party game :lol

botticus

I'd love a black Wii just to fit in with the rest of my A/V components, but can't really justify it. Maybe if/when it releases here and Nintendo presents some transfer tool for downloads, I'll try to pawn off my white one to my parents.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, sounds like they didn't mind dating and pricing a game just 20 days before its release, bad me for doubting, must be a new record though. Some expected hardware news too, I guess they aren't ever going to do a pricedrop, are they?

And I left the best for the end, Wii Sports Resort coming in just 20 days, at just 4800Y. It must include a (1500Y separately) white MotionPlus so its a freaking incredible price, very surprised at this honestly. We have seen more expensive budget re-releases lol. I guess August 1 will also see a separate black motionplus for color issues.

I kind of figured they were holding off on the exact date because they were going to announce a price drop or bundle with WSR. Nope. Still makes absolutely zero sense to me and I wonder if 3 weeks is enough time to build hype at retail, but what do I know

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Holy fuck at the MH3 bundles, they went all out (like SCEJ with MGS4, I guess you have to do good use of your moneyhats). Game 7000Y, Game+CCP 8000Y in two colors and console bundle at 33000Y (no real savings, typical nintendo :/). Black accesories and the console standalone too.

Yeah. I knew a bundle made sense, but I'm still surprised they actually did it and behaved like a competent company with respect to 3rd parties. I think we're going to see a bigger spike (at least short term) from MH 3/blackWii than from WSR.

Haunted

I already have a Wii.

Looks pretty cool although I still prefer white. I wish my 360 and PS3 were white. :(

Masked Man

I said wow
pakkit said:
Piston Hondo? We gon be saying "sayonara" to him.

That's Japanese for "goodbye."

I love Nintendo. :lol

And from what I gathered from the blurb posted, the concept of the Poké-Walk will work in correlation with the steps you take in the real world (like a Tamagotchi, as mentioned), but just how it will manifest itself in the game has not yet been elucidated. Looking forward to more HG/SS news! :D

I wonder if this could be hacked?

Cos if it could - you could back up the NAND from your existing Wii - and transfer EVERYTHING over to your shiny new black one. Even if its Japanese.

Haunted said:
I already have a Wii.

Looks pretty cool although I still prefer white. I wish my 360 and PS3 were white. :(
Bah, white electronics are played out.
*says the guy with a white import PSP-1000, white DSL and white Wii*

markatisu

schuelma said:
I kind of figured they were holding off on the exact date because they were going to announce a price drop or bundle with WSR. Nope. Still makes absolutely zero sense to me and I wonder if 3 weeks is enough time to build hype at retail, but what do I know

I suppose they figure lower price + added peripheral will make all the difference. Its a gamble but then again they are already in the shits so it cannot get much worse besides still selling 15-20k weekly.

That black color looks so much better than the White. But can't compare to my white Launch Wii........now the controller is another issue :D

D.Lo

radioheadrule83 said:
I wonder if this could be hacked?

Cos if it could - you could back up the NAND from your existing Wii - and transfer EVERYTHING over to your shiny new black one. Even if its Japanese.
Nope, the nand has keys specific to that console.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
How hard would it be to transplant Wii innards into this.... Must be Googling...

Jaruru

must be sold out @ day 1 in Japan for both red DSi / black Wii launch.
how smart is Nintendo to hold the new color variation for the biggest third party game for their system. (not every big game or even... first party ones)

I'll be @ Japan on Aug 1st, should I go line up? ><

swerve

schuelma said:

I can't share your scepticism. I've been watching TV for the last 43 minutes and I've seen two WSR adverts featuring some of Japan's most famous comedians in archery contests.

They have more than 3 weeks - launch day is already guaranteed to be huge just from the people who already want it. It needs to spread via word of mouth from there on out, and from the look of the long movie just posted to wii.com

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-sports-resort-movie1/

it will do just fine...

Hope the black wii releases in NA before SMB Wii. I'm definitely getting a Wii this year if that happens.

... any info on Chibi Robo DS? Hopefully it's more like the GC version, although both were great.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
CaVaYeRo said:
so is this info coming from the Japan post-E3 conference?

anyone can confirm that?
It's neo2046. He IS the confirmation.

BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE

Banned
Anyone know of a good store in Japan near Shibuya or Shinjuku that a dude could buy a red DSi from? I'll be there during this time, and wanna pick up Motion + too.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Hope the black wii releases in NA before SMB Wii. I'm definitely getting a Wii this year if that happens.

... any info on Chibi Robo DS? Hopefully it's more like the GC version, although both were great.
It was released a while ago. Wallmart exclusive IIRC

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
666 said:
Anyone know of a good store in Japan near Shibuya or Shinjuku that a dude could buy a red DSi from? I'll be there during this time, and wanna pick up Motion + too.

I'm sure there is somewere around there you can pick it up, but you're only a subway trip away from Akihabara.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
_dementia said:
It was released a while ago. Wallmart exclusive IIRC

errr... Chibi-Robo Park Patrol was released in Japan. It was then localized and was Wal-Mart exclusive in USA (not Canada; not Europe). This announcement is almost certainly not a re-release of Chibi-Robo Park Patrol. I'm assuming it's either the Play on Wii Chibi-Robo which is releasing soon (and 2ch fucked it up), or it's a DS Chibi-Robo 2.

A friend just pointed out to me that the Classic Controller Pro, from the side in that shot, looks very much like a PS2 controller. Coincidence marketing? I think not. :lol :lol

Top Bottom