• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Blair Witch' (The Woods) Comic-Con trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamz

tumblr_inline_n8hzwfhBeZ1so61wb.gif

I will answer any - ANY - question about this film.

It is fucking amazing and terrifying.

We were all sitting down in our seats, staring at the poster projected on a movie screen.

Then there was a glitch.

And suddenly the name of the movie was something else.

That's awesome. So wish I was there.

Foggy

Every time I see quotes like "One of the scariest movies ever made"

It'm just like

big-sean-ignore.jpg

sure okay then.

Pro tip: watch a movie based on your interests while allowing the general reaction to slightly influence your intrigue or lack of it.

Those Brad Miska quotes are the silliest.

gamz

Pro tip: watch a movie based on your interests while allowing the general reaction to slightly influence your intrigue or lack of it.

Those Brad Miska quotes are the silliest.

Miska is a excitable horror fan. But I can't helped being hyped from his review!

BTW - The forums on his site were awesome 6 years ago or so. Then they changed the whole site and the forum died.

Sorcerer

Can't wait for the 4th movie.
Hopefully the protagonist has an unborn child he is unaware of, who 20 years later finds a blu-ray of his dad in the woods, and assembles a party to go find him.
If that's too far in the future maybe the protagonists dog can lead the hunt.

Kuroyume

Banned
Miska is a excitable horror fan. But I can't helped being hyped from his review!

BTW - The forums on his site were awesome 6 years ago or so. Then they changed the whole site and the forum died.

They also got rid of the user reviews which is such a fucking shame

Jerm411

I saw this on FB this morning and thought it was a troll job....was like the hell this come from lol??

Looks awesome though, can't wait....

That too!

Yeah, that was my goto forum for horror and it was a watershed moment that there's people who love horror just as much as me.

You should check out Letterboxd. It's essentially a way to rate and review movies as you watch them and keep track of everything, but it also has a pretty strong community of horror fans and a lot of decent lists and recommendations and people worth following. It's my go-to site for user reviews.

gamz

You should check out Letterboxd. It's essentially a way to rate and review movies as you watch them and keep track of everything, but it also has a pretty strong community of horror fans and a lot of decent lists and recommendations and people worth following. It's my go-to site for user reviews.

Cool and I will.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
All roads lead to Cabin in the Woods.
This is what I was secretly hoping for. All this build up and cryptic shit lead one way down a Blair Witch sequel path, but when you sat down in the theater it became clear these kids were in a cabin in the woods situation.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Saw the trailer, seemed like a bigger budget hollywood remake of the first Blair Witch, also didnt seem scary at all given how much they are toying with all the same ideas from the first one. Then i saw the guy that Directed The Guest did this so im at least interested to wait for reviews on RT.

Saw the trailer, seemed like a bigger budget hollywood remake of the first Blair Witch, also didnt seem scary at all given how much they are toying with all the same ideas from the first one.

Yeah I hope and imagine that the movie is a bit more subtle than the trailer without the bombastic musical bangs. But that's marketing for you. I think a much more restrained, creepy teaser would've been much more effective. This line from the CraveOnline reviewer is hopefully more indicative of the movies general tone "It's not a fast-paced film that's full of high-octane shock scares. Instead, Blair Witch lights a fuse and invites you to revel in the suspense of waiting for the firecrack".

Pachimari

I just hope this one don't have a protagonist swearing every single second. She got so annoying in the first Blair Witch, although it's still one of those horror movies I like from my childhood.

I really hope there will be some interviews with Daniel Myrick, Eduardo Sánchez, I'm so excited to hear what they have to say. I wonder if they are involved at all with this movie.

Producer credit maybe because they are using footage from the first movie.

And if the old cast is returning...holy shit.

I'm going to ban the woods from my vacation list again arent I.

Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick are in Comic Con and will be with Adam Wingard at autograph signing session so they might be involved with it.

Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick are in Comic Con and will be with Adam Wingard at autograph signing session so they might be involved with it.

I don't think they're creatively involved, but the EW article in the op says they were given an early screening and they gave their approval and blessing.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
This looks like a typical jump scare fest. The complete opposite of the original. Not impressed.

Euphor!a

Banned
Maybe this has already been answered, but does anyone know who is doing the cover for Every Breath You Take in the original trailer? For some reason I can't find it anywhere.

teiresias

Frankly, I liked the original trailer better with the song and less "bang bang boom boom" sound effects. Then again, this feels like a trailer put together by a production company committee of suits so who knows.

So the guy in this is the little brother of Heather? Would be awesome is Heather made an appearance near the end or something.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the original was scary as hell back when it came out but there are too many of these films now. they will need to do something new or it's just gonna add to the pile.

GhaleonEB

I watched The Blair Witch Project two days ago in prep to see this, since it looked interesting.

I'm ready, and also on total blackout mode. Hope it's good, or at least as good as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom