• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend coming out this Summer in North America

jbug617

Banned
For PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Vita. Aksys Games is releasing it at retail and downloadble.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-coming-north-america-summer

The new features
Crush ‘em! – With the all-new revamped Guard Gauge system, players can now determine when to attack/block using the Barrier Gauge meter. When your opponent’s Barrier Gauge meter is depleted, unleash a powerful barrier-shattering move, Guard Crush!

Ready to Fight with Style? – With Stylish Mode activated, even beginners can perform flashy attacks and combos! Four new features have been added to Stylish Mode: Auto Guard, Combo Attacks, Special Abilities, and Distortion Drive. These features allow players new to fighting games to pull off advanced combos!

New Stage, Characters and Additional Scenarios! – There will be a total of 28 playable characters with two new exciting characters, Celica and Lambda! BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend includes brand new scenarios and contains digest versions of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, so both new and returning players can enjoy Story Mode. Celica also comes with a brand new stage, Ishana, the land of memories!

Remix Heart­ – Tired from all that fighting? Take a break and enjoy a heart-warming comedic story (mode) featuring two high school girls, Mai Natsume and Kajun Faycott, as well as the characters from the main scenario, Noel, Tsubaki, and Makoto!

For Xbox One since Street Fighter is not coming you have a Japanese fighting game coming.

edit: Amazon has July 28th as a release date.
edit 2: Aksys Blog Post and Preorder links http://www.aksysgames.com/product-news/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-is-coming-this-summer/

Toki767

Let me know when the actual last BlazBlue game comes out and I'll think about buying that one. Feels like this comes out every year now.

Cool to see Lambda playable though.

Nyoro SF

Well, good thing it didn't get announced for EVO.
$49.99 though for current-gen god damn. That is not worth the asking price for the content added.

For PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Vita.

Nice to know they're one of the few Japanese companies still holding out on bringing their latest games to PC and Steam. How long do I have to wait for Aksys's license to expire until H2 Interactive picks it up, 2018? Ridiculous that they still do this.

Great, can't wait for OG BB:CP to be released on PC after 2 years for 40$.

Oops I forgot that we get un-updated versions of games from them lol.
Can't wait to get the first version of Xrd in 2019.
Aksys, Arcsys USA, Arcsys JP, someone needs to step it up here.

Nephtes

BlazBlue for XOne but no Xrd Sign?

Haven't bought a BlazBlue since the first. I guess its time I bought another...

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I didn't buy the original release because we always seem to get a "plus version" of almost all Japanese Fighting games so I'm glad I waited and I'm buying this one.

Nephtes

I didn't but the original release because we always seem to get a "plus version" of almost all Japanese Fighting games so I'm glad I waited and I'm buying this one.

It's a long tradition of fighting games popularized by Street Fighter 2.
We always joked back in the day about how many extra tag lines they could add to Street Fighter..

UberTag

Am I correct in the following?

Blazblue I = Calamity Trigger
Blazblue II = Continuum Shift (released in both regular and EXTEND varieties)
Blazblue III = Chrono Phantasma (released in regular and soon to be released in an EXTEND variety)

And that you can pretty much skip everything prior to Continuum Shift EXTEND due to its included Calamity Trigger Reconstruction story mode?
(Although I suppose that may even be moot depending on how comprehensive the digest versions in Chrono Phantasma EXTEND are.)

Shizuka

Just like we got XBlaze and Blazblue Chrono Phantasma June and July 2014, we're getting XBlaze2 and Chrono Phantasma Extend in 2015 close to one another. Aksys might as well change its name to ArcSys.

UberTag

Just like we got XBlaze and Blazblue Chrono Phantasma June and July 2014, we're getting XBlaze2 and Chrono Phantasma Extend in 2015 close to one another. Aksys might as well change its name to ArcSys.
I would be fine with this so long as the name change wouldn't lead to them ignoring the (hopeful) final installment of Zero Escape.

Shizuka

I would be fine with this so long as the name change wouldn't lead to them ignoring the (hopeful) final installment of Zero Escape.

I agree. I mean, they're not doing Idea Factory games anymore. They're not doing Spike Chunsoft games anymore, apparently. Acquire doesn't have a game for them anytime soon.

Hexa

I've only played Calamity Trigger. Story wise I'd have to play Continuum Shift first to understand the story right?
Can I just watch the anime or is that a bad idea?

I love ArcSys, but damn do they make it hard to be a fan of theirs sometimes. BBCP is probably tied with Marvel as my favorite fighter to play, and the one I'm best at, and even I find this a tough sell for a $40-$50 price range. At least they were smart enough to wait post-EVO to release it. It'd be DOA if it were released beforehand.

Korigama

A new game with only two new characters is pretty unfortunate.
With only one of them actually being new at that.
I've only played Calamity Trigger. Story wise I'd have to play Continuum Shift first to understand the story right?
Can I just watch the anime or is that a bad idea?
Very bad idea. Would be better to just make use of the digest feature included with this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, good thing it didn't get announced for EVO.
$49.99 though for current-gen god damn. That is not worth the asking price for the content added.

Nice to know they're one of the few Japanese companies still holding out on bringing their latest games to PC and Steam. How long do I have to wait for Aksys's license to expire until H2 Interactive picks it up, 2018? Ridiculous that they still do this.

Didn't they just release one on PC?

kewlmyc

Yeah, the first game in a series that has had 5 games since then, all building off each other. Sold 88k so that's pretty impressive actually.

Oh, apparently they released CS Extend and I never even realized it.

me0wish

More like Plus R in 2020, the state of fighting games on pc is depressing.

Nyoro SF

Continuum Shift Extend.
It released on consoles in NA on February 2012.
On PC, December 2014.

I've moved on from the series entirely because I got fed up with the balance shenanigans but I still feel like people playing on PC should get their fair shake at getting something the same date like everyone else.

I appeal to Aksys because I heard that once they get the license for the game's release then only Aksys is allowed to release the title in North America for a long time period. Dunno how many more releases from other fighting game companies need to happen before this silly release cycle changes.

More like Plus R in 2020, the state of fighting games on pc is depressing.

Actually it is only the state of anime fighters on Steam that's depressing, unfortunately for both of us those are the games we want to play :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Only way I see myself buying this, is if it were to come to PC. For support only, tired of ASW's milking.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like Blazblue a lot but these 'extend' editions are ass. They don't offer enough new content to feel really worth it, yet they also still kinda screw you over for supporting the original game.

Tizoc

They're probably saving him for last. The next iteration of BB is supposed to be wrapping up the story.

Oh so there's a 4th 'final' BB game being planned? Wonder if it'll have characters from the VNs too.
Either way I think I'll skip CSE and wait for the last chapter. i'd only get get CSE on Steam in this case.

KiteGr

I did good not buying the original release.
... as long as they remember to release it in Europe in a timely manner that is!...

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Europe says hello..
And hello to guilty gear too btw...
Guilty Gear Xrd is actually coming. SCEE is publishing it in Europe and Aksys is publishing in Australia.
No info on release window or if it will be digital only (it will absolutely be in AU/NZ).
thank god asw is not publishing

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The story was really good but long, hopefully progress carries over.

Probably not. The whole "catch" of Extend is that it has extra scenarios and 2 new characters.

Top Bottom