• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

5b7qyYA.png

UecOOyy.png

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend is an enhanced version of Arc System Works' 2014 Blazblue Chrono
Phantasma featuring new characters, a new player lobby system, and new story content.

Developer: Arc System Works
Publisher: Arc System Works | Aksys Games
Genre: 2D Fighting
Ratings: CERO C | ESRB T

Cerw2KY.png

Characters
Celica A. Mercury
After appearing in the story mode of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Celica makes her fighting
debut alongside the Ex Machina: Minerva.
ynqSrsi.png

Lambda-11
Lambda returns as a playable character after being replaced by Nu-13 in Chrono Phantasma (who Lambda replaced in Continuum Shift)
For the first time Lambda and Nu are available in the same game with Lambda taking on the characteristics of one of Nu's
modes from Chrono Phantasma and Nu taking on the other. Nu's mode switch has been removed.
eFYSiBf.png

Network
Lobbies
Lobbies have increased in size from 32 maximum players in Blazblue Chrono Phantasma to 64 players in extend.

Player Matches
Player Matches now feature a new "My Room" function that allows you to create a custom designed Blazblue room to host your matches from.
Rooms can be customized with an assortment of sprite based furniture, posters, doors, windows, and other miscellaneous items.
wa78gKs.jpg

New Story
Main Story
There are 3 new story scenarios focusing on different characters.
The Rat: A new scenario focusing on Bullet.
Determination: A new scenario focusing on Kagura.
Collision: A new scenario focusing on Kokonoe.
New gag reels have also been Added

Remix Heart
A new story based around the events of Blazblue Remix Heart called Remix Heart Gaiden. Remix Heart Gaiden is a heart-warming comedic
story featuring two high school girls, Mai Natsume and Kajun Faycott, as well as the characters from the main scenario, Noel, Tsubaki, and Makoto.

W60nIQJ.png

After a hiatus with Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Blazblue makes its return to Xbox. (Though not 360)
Release date: April 23, 2015 [JP] | June 30, 2015 [NA]
Platforms and Pricing: ¥6264 (PS4 and Xone) | $49.99 (PS4 and Xone) | $39.99 (PS3 and Vita)

GAF Players List Document: (Quote to view)

DmFTQDm.png

Hubb

Looking forward to it. Hopefully UPS decides to stop by my house early and not make me wait till 6PM.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Another day, another almost full price revision.

Sigh BB.

Yeah, it's a little rough, I had bought the first entry, waited a couple of years, then bought last years entry and thought we were finally done!

Oh well, looking forward to scrubbing it up, though someday I should really get into the deep story mode I always here about.

Shinriji

I didn't played a lot of CP, but impressions from JP players about the performance of the vita version Were positive. Hype.

Oh this came out, awesome. I mostly enjoy these games for the visual novel aspect of them and play matches with friends. Is there a collector's edition? There's almost always a collector's edition but I can't find anything on Amazon.

Hubb

I didn't played a lot of CP, but impressions from JP players about the performance of the vita version Were positive. Hype.

That is really good to hear. The issue about really long load times kept me from buying the original CP on Vita.

Oh this came out, awesome. I mostly enjoy these games for the visual novel aspect of them and play matches with friends. Is there a collector's edition? There's almost always a collector's edition but I can't find anything on Amazon.
I was hoping for one, but it looks like they skipped it this time.

Eh, it's really hard for me to justify paying nearly full price for so few changes from CP, especially since I don't really play Blazblue much anyway since I have a bunch of other games I'm currently playing. Maybe if there was a decent discount for people that already owned base CP I might pick it up just to see what was up. But $50 for a glorified balance patch, 2 new characters, and some new story is ridiculous.

DrArchon

Continued support is always nice, though I wish the price was a bit cheaper. $50 just seems like a lot for an update to a fighting game, even if it is on new consoles.

Also, would it kill ASW to get up-to-date on their PC releases? I'd love to have this on Steam.

Shinriji

That is really good to hear. The issue about really long load times kept me from buying the original CP on Vita.

My problem with it, besides the loading times, were the slowdown on certain moves. And shitty quality on the japanese voices.

You're right. It's $40 character DLC. That's a huge difference.
and you ignore the network mode overhaul again.

the story mode additions are also substantial, and more people care about them than not. Arc isn't going to go through the difficulty of making the network mode changes, balance changes, and additional characters (which also includes arcade mode changes, challenge mode changes, survival and abyss mode change) as an expansion for the few people that don't care about story. And even then, calling it "just character DLC" is pretty ludicrous.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Will check out
once it's available for rent at my local library

Any mention of it for us in EU land?
Don't even bother waiting and just import it.

I don't mind the price, not having bought the previous DLC. Finally I can get rid of my PS3, for that I'd be happy paying 50 if it were exactly the same game, just 1080p.

LegatoB

and you ignore the network mode overhaul again.

the story mode additions are also substantial, and more people care about them than not. Arc isn't going to go through the difficulty of making the network mode changes, balance changes, and additional characters (which also includes arcade mode changes, challenge mode changes, survival and abyss mode change) as an expansion for the few people that don't care about story. And even then, calling it "just character DLC" is pretty ludicrous.
Turning off snark for a second, this ain't my first ArcSys rodeo, at all. I know exactly how much they changed, and I know -- as do they -- that it'll sell to the dedicated audience who want to stay current* on the game regardless of what else they do. But let's not pretend this release is a "good deal" for anyone who bought Chronophantasm and the DLC characters before, which is, well, most of those same players. I can't blame anyone who thinks that they're being ripped off, because, well, they are.

*until the next Japanese arcade release

Stuart444

Don't even bother waiting and just import it.

I don't mind the price, not having bought the previous DLC. Finally I can get rid of my PS3, for that I'd be happy paying 50 if it were exactly the same game, just 1080p.

Eh, if no news by Wednesday and I REALLY want it, I'll just get it off the US PSN store. Depends on how I feel. (the apathy here probably comes from the surprise release of this)

Kikirin

Is it $10 in rewards points or an actual card? If so I can get this for $40 with GCU and the $10 gift card making this technically $30. Might bite.

It's an actual gift card. Pre-ordering the PS4 version from Best Buy online also added a $10 gift card to my cart, and it arrived a few days ago separately from the game.

Turning off snark for a second, this ain't my first ArcSys rodeo, at all. I know exactly how much they changed, and I know -- as do they -- that it'll sell to the dedicated audience who want to stay current* on the game regardless of what else they do. But let's not pretend this release is a "good deal" for anyone who bought Chronophantasm and the DLC characters before, which is, well, most of those same players. I can't blame anyone who thinks that they're being ripped off, because, well, they are.

*until the next Japanese arcade release

While I don't disagree with you, in a lot of ways I see these kinds of revisions to fighting games like iterations on sports franchise games like Madden or whatever. The change between most of these games tends to be pretty small but people who are into them generally will still fork over their $50 and generally get their money's worth because it keeps them playing a game they love for another year or so until the next revision.

That's not to say that is the way fighting games *should* work and I think Arcsys could have done a lot more to bring some more value to this product for people who don't care about the story side of things.

As someone who picked this game up initially for vita and was kinda disappointed with the performance and would have preferred to play a proper console version (wasn't an option for me at the time), I don't feel too ripped off getting this for PS4.

It's an actual gift card. Pre-ordering the PS4 version from Best Buy online also added a $10 gift card to my cart, and it arrived a few days ago separately from the game.

Awesome. Just pulled the trigger on this. Had around $35 in rewards so got this for $5 and the $10 GC. Now I just have to find the time to play it....

Anne

Tao will never be bad.

Tao was actually pretty bad in 1.1, breaking the tradition.

In 2.0 she can reverse beat and has a fuzzy guard loop though. Top 10 character, I basically killed my local scene with that fuzzy loop.

Also don't bother defending the pric OP. Shit is whack, just enjoy the game with the other people who do buy it. I got the import real cheap months ago and have been playing.

So I put in my order for BestBuy store pickup and it says it is now available to be picked up. I wonder if I should try my luck.

FSLink

Banned
While I don't disagree with you, in a lot of ways I see these kinds of revisions to fighting games like iterations on sports franchise games like Madden or whatever. The change between most of these games tends to be pretty small but people who are into them generally will still fork over their $50 and generally get their money's worth because it keeps them playing a game they love for another year or so until the next revision.

The problem is that there's a lot of other fighting games at the moment, and I'd rather put my money into one of those with cheaper updates.

This is the first time I'm skipping out unfortunately, coming from someone who has even imported previous updates ahead of time. :/

sephi22

Kinda hyped.
Love blazblue but my main man Hakumen got nerfed to the ground. Then again I was reppin' him in CT when he was D tier so whatever

Top Bottom