• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

you'll prolly get a correction email in a couple of hours. I've had similar issues with store pick-up before.

Yeah I am sure that will be the case unless I make a fuss and get them to give it to me :)

Anywho I haven't really followed this version much since it was released in arcades due to mostly playing Xrd. How are Hazama/Valk/Azrael this edition? I usually swap between those 3 characters when playing.

Hell I would say the "single character DLC" cancels out since I liked stance-change Nu WAY more than the cut in half versions of Nu and Lambda we have now. Bums me the hell out. Anyway, the new player match lobbies are pretty rad. Customization is a lot of fun. Most importantly for me I'll finally know which of the big lobbies is meant for US players. >_>

Anne

Yeah I am sure that will be the case unless I make a fuss and get them to give it to me :)

Anywho I haven't really followed this version much since it was released in arcades due to mostly playing Xrd. How are Hazama/Valk/Azrael this edition? I usually swap between those 3 characters when playing.

We put together the 2 translated lists from JP top players a couple months ago, here ya go http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/15/gor...zblue-chronophantasma-2-0-character-rankings/

Hazama and Valk are both top 5 hands down. Most would consider them in the top 3 or maybe even the two best depending on who you ask.

Fushin

So I put in my order for BestBuy store pickup and it says it is now available to be picked up. I wonder if I should try my luck.

It's an automatic thing that happens for pre orders. May want to call to make sure it's there. We had an issue today with a copy of the game that we had to take care of.

Tao was actually pretty bad in 1.1, breaking the tradition.

In 2.0 she can reverse beat and has a fuzzy guard loop though. Top 10 character, I basically killed my local scene with that fuzzy loop.

Also don't bother defending the pric OP. Shit is whack, just enjoy the game with the other people who do buy it. I got the import real cheap months ago and have been playing.

Ah, had no idea. Well then, to change my opinion, she will most likely not be bad.

hm..BB is complicated enough, id rather it not require learning multiple characters

I hope they do some character revamps. Tag team requires a bit more learning.

We put together the 2 translated lists from JP top players a couple months ago, here ya go http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/15/gor...zblue-chronophantasma-2-0-character-rankings/

Hazama and Valk are both top 5 hands down. Most would consider them in the top 3 or maybe even the two best depending on who you ask.

Thanks. Guess I'm going to be "that guy", now I feel bad :(

It's an automatic thing that happens for pre orders. May want to call to make sure it's there. We had an issue today with a copy of the game that we had to take care of.

Yeah I am just going to go tomorrow I'm in no rush.

Hubb

Aksys got me fucked up if they think I'm dropping 50, I really wanted to support this kind of game on XB1. :(

Seeing as how this is the first of Chrono Phantasma to be on Xbox, how much did you really expect to spend? Yes Aksys got you fucked up...

My PS3 stick isn't going to work for this is it? I remember lab zero had a driver that let PS3 sticks work on PS4 but it was up to each dev to use it or not? I don't imagine that will be a thing? :(

Naite

Tao does seem to be relatively immune to nerfs. I don't ever remember her being anything below upper mid tier relative to the cast.

Yay for Tao!

EDIT: Oh hey, Makoto is decent this version too. Good stuff.
I'm really enjoying Makoto in this version because of the special cancellable level 2 drives she has and the change to her parry.

Luigi87

Ugh, I skipped on the vanilla release for reasons (waited for PS4 version), but ugh, I really should get around to getting this.

<3 Noel
though def. prefer her original look...

Alas my fight stick most def. isn't compatible... oi.

Anne

Arakune still poo in this one? How the mighty have fallen.

Edit: Wait, did he get a buff?

Not really. He got changed in a way that just makes him suck in a different way. He gets curse more often, but his curse tools changed and it's less likely for him to just kill you with one curse.

I always have trouble adjusting.

I just wouldn't call them nerfs considering she hits like a freight truck now and is doing much better. Only real issue I take with what you said, you can still not like them but overall she definitely didn't eat nerfs.

cj_iwakura

I just wouldn't call them nerfs considering she hits like a freight truck now and is doing much better. Only real issue I take with what you said, you can still not like them but overall she definitely didn't eat nerfs.

I guess we'll see, but changing the input to Requiem Maledictus really messed me up.

Does hazama play mostly the same as he did before? Been watching some matches and haven't seen anything much different from what I was doing before I stopped playing.

Hubb

Theyre doing it again...Are people actually gonna be fooled by this shit again?

This isn't something new they do (as you seem to know), so you either skip the first iteration and wait for the final, or you buy both. If you don't want to support it, don't buy it.

Naite

So I just realized my there's no save upload/download for cross saving between ps3/ps4 versions like in Xrd.

.... that kinda sucks.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
My main so far in this series has always been Litchi, how is she holding up in recent versions in terms of tier list? Haven't played vanilla CP since launch.

I also really want to main Kokonoe as I've always wanted her playable (her and Jubei) and I skipped the DLC for original CP, is she at least in the upper half tier list?

My main so far in this series has always been Litchi, how is she holding up in recent versions in terms of tier list? Haven't played vanilla CP since launch.

I also really want to main Kokonoe as I've always wanted her playable (her and Jubei) and I skipped the DLC for original CP, is she at least in the upper half tier list?

She was in the top 8 at evo last year. I don't think there have been any balance changes since. I don't use her but I've seen her used often.

Top Bottom