• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Yeah my other choices werent great, in the end it was between him and sode and went for the rare character. Also Ukitake is one of my favs captains.

Still trying to get a grip on character development and accesories.

They're both good choices and I would have chosen Ukitake as well.

I'd be happy to help answering any questions you might have!

Kakaroach

No problem, glad to help! Pretty sure they were added when books and powders were added to the medal exchange so the immutable balls got overshadowed .

Yeah books are still a problem. Have you tried the 2nd anniversary quests? The single player lottery has a chance to give a book and the co-op quests can drop books as well.
Yeah I've been spamming both. It's been ok but the lottery book reward is extremely rare.

chrono01

It is pretty rare, I've completed all the orders and from looking at my gift box I've gotten:

3 Mind
2 Power
1 Heart
1 Speed

No Technique, the attribute I needed the most :(
Yeah, they're pretty rare.

At least your guaranteed a Tech Book if you run the Tech anniversary event 50 times, that's something at least.

Milr

Congrats on the Ichigo Hypno!

Yeah, I'm loving the co-op anniversary quests, I don't see a reason to do fusion trials with them around. Bonus rooms can drop books as well as the bosses and surprise bonus.

The lottery books are also nice for a single player alternative, super rare though and I've only gotten 2 blues so far, my least needed. :(

Yeah, they're pretty rare.

At least your guaranteed a Tech Book if you run the Tech anniversary event 50 times, that's something at least.

I used it and I got Stam again :(
Congrats on the Ichigo Hypno!

Yeah, I'm loving the co-op anniversary quests, I don't see a reason to do fusion trials with them around. Bonus rooms can drop books as well as the bosses and surprise bonus.

The lottery books are also nice for a single player alternative, super rare though and I've only gotten 2 blues so far, my least needed. :(
Thanks! I really should start doing some more of the co op quests, I've only done 1 to complete the order for the event. I still have a surplus of blue books from the Extreme co op so I know that feeling. :(

just noticed this post, congrats on the Annichigo!

Thanks! It took me 4.1k orbs, but I'm glad I don't feel like I'm being mocked by the loading screen anymore.

Glad KLAB put up the emergency 4* Ichigo raid because there's no telling when that raid would have been available. I just need the 5* Visored Ichigo raid to complete Anniversary Ichigo's soul tree.

chrono01

I don't believe I've received anything higher than a 3* on all of my free 6% chance daily singles so far. Feels bad.

Thanks! It took me 4.1k orbs, but I'm glad I don't feel like I'm being mocked by the loading screen anymore.
That loading screen torments me daily. I just hope he's available on Vol. 2 so I have another chance at him. Considering Vol. 2 is still happening during the anniversary he SHOULD be, or maybe they'll have another exclusive anniversary character (Rukia?).

Either way, I'm done with Vol. 1. I got all of the really nice characters, aside from Annichigo/Nnoitora/Grimmjow, and aren't going to take the risk of dupes. I'm also hoping Vol. 2 has better rates, since it falls at the time of the month where we received 6% rate-up's anyway. If they make it another 3% rate-up to start, it's going to be a definite downgrade to what we normally get and certainly nothing "anniversary-like".

Kakaroach

I don't believe I've received anything higher than a 3* on all of my free 6% chance daily singles so far. Feels bad.

That loading screen torments me daily. I just hope he's available on Vol. 2 so I have another chance at him. Considering Vol. 2 is still happening during the anniversary he SHOULD be, or maybe they'll have another exclusive anniversary character (Rukia?).

Either way, I'm done with Vol. 1. I got all of the really nice characters, aside from Annichigo/Nnoitora/Grimmjow, and aren't going to take the risk of dupes. I'm also hoping Vol. 2 has better rates, since it falls at the time of the month where we received 6% rate-up's anyway. If they make it another 3% rate-up to start, it's going to be a definite downgrade to what we normally get and certainly nothing "anniversary-like".
Speaking of round 2, I'm expecting the filler characters to be much worse. All of the best characters in the game are here in round 1, so I'm not sure I'll pull spend orbs even if the rates are better.

Anniversary Ichigo is also on the app icon >.>

I think the only great characters that Round 1 on Global is missing are the beLIEve banner characters. I'm still curious on what JP will get for Round 2, new Espadas or Tag Team characters

chrono01

Speaking of round 2, I'm expecting the filler characters to be much worse. All of the best characters in the game are here in round 1, so I'm not sure I'll pull spend orbs even if the rates are better.
Probably.

At least the new Yoruichi/Tensa/White Ichigo will be on there, as well as a good chance at Speed Kenpachi (still really want him). FB Toshiro would be great too, as well as FB Byakuya. Here's hoping we don't get more TT Mayuri/TT Saijin nonsense...

Anniversary Ichigo is also on the app icon >.>

I think the only great characters that Round 1 on Global is missing are the beLIEve banner characters. I'm still curious on what JP will get for Round 2, new Espadas or Tag Team characters
I forgot about the app icon, extra salt for me. :(

Probably.

At least the new Yoruichi/Tensa/White Ichigo will be on there, as well as a good chance at Speed Kenpachi (still really want him). FB Toshiro would be great too, as well as FB Byakuya. Here's hoping we don't get more TT Mayuri/TT Saijin nonsense...

Wish they would give us an option to change the icon, I honestly liked the one before this one better

chrono01

Wish they would give us an option to change the icon, I honestly liked the one before this one better
I don't particularly dislike the new icon, but I know if Anniversary Ichigo isn't available in Step 2, or if he is and I still fail to pull me, the icon will haunt me every time I go to launch the game. A constant reminder of my past misdeeds.

I don't particularly dislike the new icon, but I know if Anniversary Ichigo isn't available in Step 2, or if he is and I still fail to pull me, the icon will haunt me every time I go to launch the game. A constant reminder of my past misdeeds.
I don't know why KLAB did that, it's such a tease. When it was first changed I was like hey cool they're referencing how Ichigo looks after Ulquiorra breaks his mask. I wasn't expecting them to make a playable character from it. Especially when the previous app icons didn't get a 1 to 1 playable unit that shares the art.

Kakaroach

Probably.

It will be those three plus timeskip Kenpachi, but I already have him.

Also a quick question that I can't find the answer to: the manga characters will be within a year or by the end of 2017? I think it's end of 2017 based on a Reddit post, but now I might be confused.

It will be those three plus timeskip Kenpachi, but I already have him.

Also a quick question that I can't find the answer to: the manga characters will be within a year or by the end of 2017? I think it's end of 2017 based on a Reddit post, but now I might be confused.

They said yesterday on the KLAB Games Station that it will be "within the year". KLABs Brave Souls official site is going to have an update on the 31st that will better explain it.

Reszo

So im still getting into the groove but is the Frenzy Grimmjow worth it?
i ask because I see i have to keep farming his specific event to get the crystals to make him stronger. And I really want grimmjow on my team

Where do I get a good Kaname?

i ask because I see i have to keep farming his specific event to get the crystals to make him stronger. And I really want grimmjow on my team

Where do I get a good Kaname?

Frenzy Grimmjow's soul trait is extremely good as a link to other characters, the general rule of Frenzy characters is that they are used as links rather than characters you play as. If you want a usable Grimmjow, Unleash the Beast Grimmjow (one of the banners for Step Ups) is your best bet. If you need help farming the crystals for Frenzy Grimmjow, I've got 64% crystal drop available, I'd also recommend you buy Moeh from the medal shop to make the grind easier.

The good Kaname should be returning in a 3% gacha alongside Speed Kenpachi and Yammy around the 8th of August.

Milr

Don't worry chrono, all of my free singles have been 3*s as well, lol.

As much as I appreciate the free 6* banner, it's really highlighting the flaw of their friend/helper system for quests... wish it wouldn't automatically send out friend requests to guests that you use, my roster has been filling up with random rank 10's because I haven't been paying attention when autoing. :/

chrono01

Frenzy Grimmjow is definitely worth it, especially as a link for your other characters. Max him out!

Don't worry chrono, all of my free singles have been 3*s as well, lol.

As much as I appreciate the free 6* banner, it's really highlighting the flaw of their friend/helper system for quests... wish it wouldn't automatically send out friend requests to guests that you use, my roster has been filling up with random rank 10's because I haven't been paying attention when autoing. :/
Of course a day after I post this, I get Ginjo on my free daily (he's new too). I should complain more often, haha.

Yeah, that thing about automatically adding the people you select to your Friend List is annoying, I wish they'd change that. The only real solution is to cap off your Friend List, that way no more can be added. Still frustrating though.

Congrats chrono! You now have the whole Deathberry Returns banner. 125 free orbs!

I agree with the automatic friend request thing, wish they would give us the option to only have people already added show up to pick.

chrono01

Congrats on the Ginjo!

That's true, I guess. If anyone here wants to add me that hasn't, my id is 09 749 154.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure we're already friends, but when I log in again I'll check to be sure. I recently got FB Ichigo from the anniversary, so I'm working on getting him to Level 200 ASAP. I have a Tenshintai just waiting for him.

Congrats chrono! You now have the whole Deathberry Returns banner. 125 free orbs!

I agree with the automatic friend request thing, wish they would give us the option to only have people already added show up to pick.
Haha thanks, I didn't realize that. After the amount of orbs I spent on the DB gacha, it's nice to finally have them all.

Here's the banner for Round 2 on global thanks to the bbs reddit discord.

banner_image.png

Kakaroach

Congrats on Ginjo! Was hoping he would have been one of my options for the attribute summon. Speaking of getting lucky, I got Tsukishima on the free summon today. Swimsuit Nel is still considered better right?

As for round 2, that looks like same rates for now. Starting a new story banner with 3% would suck though.

Aru

Just started the game. Man the writing in cutscenes is absolutely horrible! But the game itself is fine. Hoping for Thousand Blood War story arc!

Milr

Congrats on Ginjo! Was hoping he would have been one of my options for the attribute summon. Speaking of getting lucky, I got Tsukishima on the free summon today. Swimsuit Nel is still considered better right?

As for round 2, that looks like same rates for now. Starting a new story banner with 3% would suck though.
Congrats! SS Nel probably hits a little harder, but Tsukishima's heal and weakening are nice to have.

The round 2 banner looking the same as round 1 doesn't look too promising. :(

Ended up getting a 5* from a premium ticket. I heard White Ichigo's voice and was excited until I realized full hollow white wasn't out yet. I hate dupes.

Just started the game. Man the writing in cutscenes is absolutely horrible! But the game itself is fine. Hoping for Thousand Blood War story arc!

Hope you enjoy the game!

Ended up getting a 5* from a premium ticket. I heard White Ichigo's voice and was excited until I realized full hollow white wasn't out yet. I hate dupes.

Wow a dupe but congrats! I've wanted him for a while now, I'd go through my Premium Tickets (got like 1200+) but I don't have enough character space for it to not get annoying.

Only time I've gotten 5* from premium tickets was Past Kisuke on my JP account...

Aurizen

I haven't played in soooo long I think the game said 400 days smh. What unit is the best one in the game currently? I got the 6* ichigo on lvl 200, 5* Kaien, 5* Yukio, 5* Kaname, 5* Unohana. 5* Nnoitora. Been dying to get that hollow bankai ichigo from the anniversary.

I haven't played in soooo long I think the game said 400 days smh. What unit is the best one in the game currently? I got the 6* ichigo on lvl 200, 5* Kaien, 5* Yukio, 5* Kaname, 5* Unohana. 5* Nnoitora. Been dying to get that hollow bankai ichigo from the anniversary.

Top 3 are probably Speed Kenpachi, Nnoitra (Arms to Killing You), and TLA Ichigo. Welcome back from such a long absence :eek:

Yukio is still good because he has Frenzy skill at 6* and is a boss killer.

Which Ichigo is Lv 200 and what Kaien, Kaname, Unohana, and Nnoitra are those?

Aurizen

Top 3 are probably Speed Kenpachi, Nnoitra (Arms to Killing You), and TLA Ichigo. Welcome back from such a long absence :eek:

Yukio is still good because he has Frenzy skill at 6* and is a boss killer.

Which Ichigo is Lv 200 and what Kaien, Kaname, Unohana, and Nnoitra are those?

I have the power Nnoritora, I have mind Unohona, and power Ichigo, speed Kaname.

I have the power Nnoritora, I have mind Unohona, and power Ichigo, speed Kaname.

Need more clarification because there are 2 Power Nnoitra (6 Arms is extremely good, 4 Arms is not good), 2 Power Ichigo (Visored Ichigo is decent, he's old but he has Frenzy. OG Ichigo is only good for his Special and even that's stretching it :(), and 2 Speed Kaname (Captain Haori one isn't good, HM has high attack)

Mind Unohana is good because she has a team heal strong attack and debilitator for her stunning special at 6*, definitely level her and unlock her skills!

Aurizen

Need more clarification because there are 2 Power Nnoitra (6 Arms is extremely good, 4 Arms is not good), 2 Power Ichigo (Visored Ichigo is decent, he's old but he has Frenzy. OG Ichigo is only good for his Special and even that's stretching it :(), and 2 Speed Kaname (Captain Haori one isn't good, HM has high attack)

Mind Unohana is good because she has a team heal strong attack and debilitator for her stunning special at 6*, definitely level her and unlock her skills!

Ah, the Nnoritora is 6 arms! the Ichigo is bankai regular Ichigo, Kaname is the captain one.

You can upgrade units to higher star tiers?

Also what does the hygoyoku do?

Ah, the Nnoritora is 6 arms! the Ichigo is bankai regular Ichigo, Kaname is the captain one.

You can upgrade units to higher star tiers?

Also what does the hygoyoku do?

Yeah I'd stick to working on Nnoitra, Yukio, Unohana, and Kaien (if he's the Purple one). I linked their brave souls fyi pages if you need to keep track of what you need

Yes, when you get a 5* character to 100% Soul Tree you can use Hogyokus to "Awaken" them to 6*. 6* characters get level reset to 1, level cap to 150, higher stats, and most importantly Skills. 6* characters need Jewels and Raid characters (barring seasonals who need just jewels) to complete their Soul Tree. When you get a 6* character to 150 and complete their soul tree you have the option of "Releasing" characters using Hogyoku's Will which just raises the level cap to 200 and gives a stat increase.

Aurizen

Yeah I'd stick to working on Nnoitra, Yukio, Unohana, and Kaien (if he's the Purple one). I linked their brave souls fyi pages if you need to keep track of what you need

Yes, when you get a 5* character to 100% Soul Tree you can use Hogyokus to "Awaken" them to 6*. 6* characters get level reset to 1, level cap to 150, higher stats, and most importantly Skills. 6* characters need Jewels and Raid characters (barring seasonals who need just jewels) to complete their Soul Tree. When you get a 6* character to 150 and complete their soul tree you have the option of "Releasing" characters using Hogyoku's Will which just raises the level cap to 200 and gives a stat increase.

Ah thanks!!

chrono01

JP gatcha for tomorrow has been decided.

New SE Ulquiorra/Stark/HALLIBEL!

As for fillers, it's what was expected. They received the ones we did with Vol. 1 of our step-up's, so expect us to receive their fillers for Vol. 1 when we receive Vol. 1 of our step-up's.

Tempted to save for Hallibel, but if the step-up's are good I'll probably do a set. We'll see.

Kakaroach

If I'm seeing these skills right, Hallibel looks worse than her Christmas version and Sun Sun. Ulq looks pretty good tho and Stark will most likely be in his sword form. Not bad, hopefully this means the tag team characters will be mid month banners.

Here's the banner and gameplay
DFz6A1JUAAEOdsl.jpg

Harribel
Ulquiorra
Stark

Once again, Ulquiorra seems like the best but he didn't really need a new unit. RIP Szayel
I guess KLAB finally gave us another NAD Heart Unit in the form of Stark

If I'm seeing these skills right, Hallibel looks worse than her Christmas version and Sun Sun. Ulq looks pretty good tho and Stark will most likely be in his sword form. Not bad, hopefully this means the tag team characters will be mid month banners.
Yeah that's pretty disappointed and I'd rather pull on her fracciones since Sung Sun is ranged and there won't be fillers

Hopes at starting at 6% dashed :(
AFzZ4Wa.png

Milr

Wow, finally a viable heart NAD and it's Stark with swords, been waiting for this. Don't know why they decided to do Ulq before Nel or Szayel, didn't take long to dethrone Grimmjow.. looks like he has debilitator, frenzy, and a vortex, haven't seen that since FB Toshiro iirc.

Same rates for steps isn't too surprising. :(

I need to see how much of an increase Halibel's nad/sad do but she definitely seems shafted. Blue attribute already has so many monsters including herself and to make it worse, she has a Captain killer. At most I can see her being a boss nuker. Will likely skip since this probably won't be it for Halibel.

jpbravesouls fyi updated

Harribel
Sprinter
Long Reach +20%
Havoc +20%
Bruiser +30%
Berserker +40%
Bombardment

Ulquiorra
Sprinter
Havoc +20%
Bruiser +20%
Frenzy
Devastation +40%
Debilitator

Stark
Sprinter
Long Reach +20%
Adrenaline +20%
Bruiser +40%
Berserker +30%
Devastation +40%

chrono01

Hopes at starting at 6% dashed :(
AFzZ4Wa.png
UGH! Why!? WHY!? So basically we need to spend 400 orbs to reach the default 6% 5* chance that we always received for the end-month gacha? Nice anniversary we have here! BUT WAIT! WE GET POWER HEARTS AND HOGYOKU WITH OUR PULLS! YAY! /s

I'll go up to Step 6 for the guaranteed 5* and call it there (aside from the daily free singles). It's ridiculous how the highest our rates are during this anniversary is 6%, with the pool for characters being larger than it usually is. It actually makes it more difficult to pull what you're after. There's really nothing special about it at all, Klab can try to hype it up as much as they want. :/

Also, no Anniversary Ichigo? That's really strange how he was on the first banner but not the second, considering they're both being held during the anniversary. Everything about this was handled so poorly.

Reszo

Geez i forgot how brutal gacha games are lol. I farmed 250 orbs like 6 times using co-op and missions and didn't get one 5 star from the 7 step pull. lol guess no Pantera for me

HOLY SHIT, I didn't know an OT existed for this game and thanks for the heads up on Stark! I was going to use my orbs to try to attain Uryu, but this is much better. So far I've attained some great characters from the current promo. Can't wait till tomorrow.

EDIT: Not ranged Stark.... I'm sad. ;_;

Geez i forgot how brutal gacha games are lol. I farmed 250 orbs like 6 times using co-op and missions and didn't get one 5 star from the 7 step pull. lol guess no Pantera for me

Try again? On Step 7, I ended up getting Final Getsugha version of Ichigo, Vasto Lorde, and the 2nd Anniversary one all from one pull, so I'd say it's worth a shot.

You got 4* pulls 6 times on Step 7? That's devastating :(

HOLY SHIT, I didn't know an OT existed for this game and thanks for the heads up on Stark! I was going to use my orbs to try to attain Uryu, but this is much better. So far I've attained some great characters from the current promo. Can't wait till tomorrow.

EDIT: Not ranged Stark.... I'm sad. ;_;

Try again? On Step 7, I ended up getting Final Getsugha version of Ichigo, Vasto Lorde, and the 2nd Anniversary one all from one pull, so I'd say it's worth a shot.

Welcome!

I usually prefer range characters so I'm pretty sad that Stark is melee as well. Sword Stark is highly requested by fans, I guess that's why they decided on this form even though I don't prefer it. It looks like he'll be replacing Shunsui (from last year whoa) as the best Heart NAD character so that's a positive!

Top Bottom