• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard gave me World of Warcraft (base) for Free...

I just checked my battle.net account myself. I have but one game on it: Diablo II. No free copy of WoW; it's still under "Buy Games" even though I can "add a trial" if I want to.

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved.

TeegsD

So I know this thread is a few weeks old but I was gonna go activate the base that they gave me but I just signed in and its gone. Now all i can do is add a trial. What is up with that?

DSN2K

Isnt the trial version of the game basically all of the base game but with locked parts ? download is certainly big enough.

RiverBed

Banned
I have a question that didn't need its own thread: I can't play DotA as a stand alone game without first owning Warcraft 3, right?

RiverBed said:
I have a question that didn't need its own thread: I can't play DotA as a stand alone game without first owning Warcraft 3, right?

Correct. League of Legends is a free DoTA clone that people seem to like, and DoTA 2 will likely be free-to-play as well - but isn't out until the end of the year (at the earliest).

Been a WoW player since open beta, though I cancelled my subscription a few months. Checked my account today and I got 7 free days for some reason. I'll take it!

Bovadose

Neo Member
Ladyboy101 said:
i have a starter edition, in my battle.net account. is it the same as a free wow copy?

The starter edition, which replaced their 14 day demo, allows you to play indefinitely up to lvl 20.

JJD

SUPARSTARX said:
Don't do it.... it just creeps up on you.

I've had my account since day one. I just logged on to look at how much play time I've had since then.

659 days between all my characters, max level or not.

*hides*

Wow man, I'm speechless!!! I've never tried WoW, but this game must be like crack!

Kalnos

Banned
JJD said:
Wow man, I'm speechless!!! I've never tried WoW, but this game must be like crack!

It was really bad (addictive) back in the day, though I doubt it I could play it anymore because I don't like what they have changed. I think I had 250+ days from 2004-2007 and that time amount isn't uncommon.

Yeah, this has been said before. But... Its a trap. Seriously. If you haven't played it yet then don't start. You wont be able to stop. At least that is what they are hoping for.

Theandrin

Nothing wrong with giving it a shot if you are curious. I've been WoW free for almost 2 years now, but back in my prime days that game was great to me. It can be a lot of fun, but be cautious of letting raiding take over your life if you decide to stick with the game. By the time I ended my sub of WoW, I had more online "friends" than I did real life friends. Moderation, that is the key word.

Ultratech

Yeah, the game's like crack. So know what you're getting into...

I used to play some years ago. Got it for Christmas around the time Burning Crusade came out and played for a year. Damn good game, but it's like crack.

I ended up quitting since I didn't have time to get on and play anymore and there wasn't much going on at that point aside from the occasional raid. It was hella fun doing the old raids and instances every once in a while.

Odrion

Banned
The "crack" WOW that lot of people talk about when they played years ago isn't what this game is now.

World of Warcraft, at this point, resembles much more of a game than a syringe.

Top Bottom